Toy Story 3 Premier on the Sunday

I can confirm that Tom Hanks will NOT be there on the Sunday, nor will Tim Allen - thank God to be honest cos that would have been one hell of a crazy rush.

The reason I know before all of you jump on me is that I was told this by someone I met yesterday who is also a big collector and knows his stuff :blink:

(But to add a disclaimer if people do want to go to the premiere and prove me wrong then I will eat my signed Darth Vader helmet :D )

why on earth would the two main actors not turn up!

You could ask the same thing about Twilight Eclipse. Robert Pattinson, Kristin Stewart

OR.

Killers. Ashton Kutcher wasnt there.

etc etc etc etc.

As far as I know all the main ones are meant to be there. There's a guy I know who lists prems and and who's going and he's mostly always right so I guess it's just a wait and see if you go along.

As far as I know all the main ones are meant to be there. There's a guy I know who lists prems and and who's going and he's mostly always right so I guess it's just a wait and see if you go along.

Oh rly? conflicting reports... Hmm...

• Showmasters Admin

Because you have no idea how much it costs the film companies to send them over here. They'd have to go first class and more than likely with their families, then add on 5 star hotels and transfers and staff and security etc etc you can easily be talking £100K+ PER actor. I'm afraid most of the time the big US film companies just don't think the UK is worth it.

And then there is their time. Tom Hanks would have finished his part in TS3 a year ago, he's probably working on somethings else now. And were as him taking a day off to go to the LA premier is not going to be a big deal, but his new project probably isn't going to be so happy with him swanning off to the UK for 4+ days.

Edited by Too Tall

Because you have no idea how much it costs the film companies to send them over here. They'd have to go first class and more than likely with their families, then add on 5 star hotels and transfers and staff and security etc etc you can easily be talking �100K+ PER actor. I'm afraid most of the time the big US film companies just don't think the UK is worth it.

And then there is their time. Tom Hanks would have finished his part in TS3 a year ago, he's probably working on somethings else now. And were as him taking a day off to go to the LA premier is not going to be a big deal, but his new project probably isn't going to be so happy with him swanning off to the UK for 4+ days.

Yeah good point. Didnt really think of it that way.

A bit off topic but can anyone share any information on the Expendables premiere. It's rumoured to be the 1st August, can anyone in the know confirm this? Thanks.

Oh what I wouldn't give to go to that! Staaaaaaaath *drools*

Because you have no idea how much it costs the film companies to send them over here. They'd have to go first class and more than likely with their families, then add on 5 star hotels and transfers and staff and security etc etc you can easily be talking �100K+ PER actor. I'm afraid most of the time the big US film companies just don't think the UK is worth it.

The cost point is valid but the availability isn't. These days when a major actor signs up for a project their contract will include clauses covering the amount and type of publicity the have to provide. So appearances on talk shows, premieres etc. are normally covered. Often they'll also be committed to things like DVD/Blu Ray extras, like commentaries, or documentaries.

The producers recognise how important things like that can be to the overall sales package.

Unfortunately, as you point out, getting the stars here is expensive so its often excluded from the package.

For reference the reason I know this is that I know the guy in charge of the Paramount/Dreamworks UK marketing and distribution. He's the guy who organises the premiers etc for them and is often frustrated by lack of commitment and understanding of the European market by our American cousins

• Showmasters Admin

I think my time point is still valid, as time is money.

When someone like Tom signs up for a film I'm sure he (his people) looks at things like the amount of time allocated to do promo and premiers. And if the film company have added 4 days for a UK premier it's going to be one of the first things that goes when Tom say, well we either bring the promo and premiers time in the contract down by a week or it'll be an extra $$$$$$!

A bit off topic but can anyone share any information on the Expendables premiere. It's rumoured to be the 1st August, can anyone in the know confirm this? Thanks.

that is the date the competitions are giving tickets away for so id say it is right, no idea who from the film will be on hand though, all would be lovely thanks

Btw, completely off topic, but I notice that chavvy mongs, and FHM covergirl N-Dubz are doing a signing this very night at WHSmiths, Milton Keynes (target marketing? hmmm).

Can't say I can see Jason lining up to get Dappy's squiggle on any propeller, (or anything)... LOL

Wait...what night?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I LOVE Dappy!!! :blink: