Talk times and photo ops times

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Katee's shoot and let the crew member know you have the talk to go to. They'll sort you out.

Once you're done there, go to the talk, then after that go to the other photo shoot.

I think moving Katee's photoshoot forward should be considered.

What if 40 people have a photo and the Shatner talk, they can't guarantee everyone will get through, especially as often shoots can start late.

Gold tickets have priority over everyone else in photo shoots, is this being ignored in the above scenario?

Also, if seats are numbered (as i believe they were in previous paid talks), then there will be lots of disruption if people turn up late and walk, climb , crawl over people to get to their seat (assuming no one has sneakily taken it).

Don't mean to go on about this unneccessarily, but a slight shift in the schedule, might eliminate a load of potential problems.

• Moderators

What if 40 people have a photo and the Shatner talk, they can't guarantee everyone will get through, especially as often shoots can start late.

Gold tickets have priority over everyone else in photo shoots, is this being ignored in the above scenario?

Also, if seats are numbered (as i believe they were in previous paid talks), then there will be lots of disruption if people turn up late and walk, climb , crawl over people to get to their seat (assuming no one has sneakily taken it).

Don't mean to go on about this unneccessarily, but a slight shift in the schedule, might eliminate a load of potential problems.

Sorry, I'm a little confused. Are you suggesting something else should clash instead?

Isn't the Being Human photoshoot meant to be all 3 of cast? If so, then how is that going to work since Lenora is listed as having a shoot in booth A at 10.50 while the Being Human one is listed in the other one at 11am? Or is Lenora's only 10mins?

Go to Katee's shoot and let the crew member know you have the talk to go to. They'll sort you out.

Once you're done there, go to the talk, then after that go to the other photo shoot.

the disruption is also a concern to me of trying to get to my seat, luckily im no 1 for katees sunday shoot so im hopeful it will work its self out, but its tight

unless its the shats choice its a poor time for a paid talk

Edited by timelord81r

Its impossible to say if it will sell out before then or not.

The only way you could absolutely guarantee it would be to upgrade to an early bird at the show

Sorry, cant help more than that

Perhaps TT will be able to give you a more definitive answer than that

Edited by Rhianydd

Slightly bummed that the Dr Who talk is at 10am before the standard entry people can get in and that the Ben Browser talk is that late on in the day. Can't please everyone I suppose lol

Edited by Tanith

Re. the Being Human talk. Is it just going to be Aidan and Colin or will the others be there as well? The website blurb makes me think the former but you never know! Thank you in advance for any extra info :)

It's my understanding too that it's everyone.

Seeing as the Being Human photoshoot is at 11:00am, if you arent an early bird, would we still be able to get tickets for it if we get in at normal time?

I'd definitely upgrade.

Not because I am worried that it will be selling out - there'll be lines to buy the tickets, and those got quite long last year. Even if you'd be in first with the Standard Ticket that line could already be too long and prevent you to buy the ticket and then get to the photo area on time.

LOL Same down here in Landshut :lol: After a crappy spring, we are having a scorcher of a summer so far!

I'm in the Rhine Valley. We're quite a good match with the high temperatures.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

the disruption is also a concern to me of trying to get to my seat, luckily im no 1 for katees sunday shoot so im hopeful it will work its self out, but its tight

unless its the shats choice its a poor time for a paid talk

I know a few others agree with us.

Just seems a bit silly having the start of a photoshoot for one of the biggest guests at the event only ten minutes before the biggest paid talk of the event.

I'm no expert at running events but this doesn't seem to be ideal.

If it can be guaranteed that Katee's photshoot will definately start on time, and if it can be guaranteed that the crew will get you through in time to run over to the talk and get your correct seat before it starts then fair play. But i don't think anyone will guarantee this as it's too close to call.

Still waiting for an answer on the seat numbers for the talk too.

Also if people are delayed for the talk, i hope they can still use flash photography at the talk for the first five minutes they are there.

I'm no expert at running events but this doesn't seem to be ideal.

It seems really quite strange, especially after Collectormania London's schedule, which fixed the problem of paid talks clashing with photo shoots by running the talks after all the shoots had finished. Too Tall said at the end of June: "It is VERY likely we'll use the CM@London system at LFCC. It was the clashes at LFCC last year that prompted the change at CM@London." But now, according to the schedule, this isn't happening.

Some people say, 'well, you have to expect clashes', but surely that should only apply to photo shoots. If shoots clash, you might have to ask the crew for help, but at the end of the day you still get exactly what you've paid for: a photograph. However, if a talk you've paid for clashes with a photo shoot (perhaps even two photo shoots), you end up missing some of that talk, as well as causing disruption for others as you take, or leave, your seat.

Looking at the schedule as posted, it appears to be possible for William Shatner's talk to be scheduled after all the photo shoots have finished. If this isn't actually the case, I think that people would be more understanding if the situation was at least explained. At the moment, the problems have been pointed out, and people have surmised that there must be a good reason for the placement of the talk, but no one from Showmasters has said what it is.

Edited by MinkyKnights

• Moderators

Just seems a bit silly having the start of a photoshoot for one of the biggest guests at the event only ten minutes before the biggest paid talk of the event.

This is where we run into problems. The original suggestion of moving Katee's photo shoot forward isn't ideal simply because that would mean something else would have to go there, and it wouldn't eliminate any problems whatsoever unless you were getting her shoot. There would still be clashes, and it comes down to people requesting what is best for them.

The comments about Shatner's talk not being at the end of the day after the shoots are the more logical ones, and I would have to assume that it is done for a reason. What reason? I don't know.

Also if people are delayed for the talk, i hope they can still use flash photography at the talk for the first five minutes they are there.

It will be at the beginning of the talk, not from the beginning of when someone turns up..

If people keep turning up throughout the talk, and using flash photography, then it defeats the object of stopping it entirely.