Important William Shatner info

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i take it that gold programme advantages,priority in phootshoots etc still apply?

reading the post it seems to say that if you want a better time come on sunday,regardless of which day you attend it should be the same as some people myself included can only attend on one day.

Yes, they still apply.

im pretty sure the person in the shop or a mod said a while ago that they do them in batches of whatever so if you were one of the first 20 to order you might of been the first in the shop but end up with ticket 20. not great id prefer it done in order of who ordered first if its gonna be in numbers,

Oooh .. gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up :) Kinda makes sense for them to do it that way (anything else would be much more work-intensive for sure), even if a first come, first serve policy would be fairer. Oh well, doesn't really matter what number I got, in the end, all that matters is that I'll get to see him. And the other great guests, obviously :) At least I'm guaranteed that, number notwithstanding :) So .. yay. Excited. Getting to personally 'meet' someone whom I've been fangirl-ing over for years upon years now :wub:

If I recall correctly what timelord posted is valid for photoshoots only. This bit was posted before C16 where the new system was in place for the first time, and there were no ticketed talks at C16.

It makes sense there because the ticket holders won't be going through in strict number orders, just "1 to 30", "40 to 60" and so on.

I honestly don't know for sure how the talk tickets are processed. But it so far was my understanding that the tickets there are assigned in the number the orders came in. Like the shop says "first to order are first in the auditorium."

If you want to e-mail Hazel at info@collectormania.com, maybe she can somehow trace back what happened with your order.

I was worried for a moment there when I first saw the thread, but it sounds like Shatner signs with such speed a few hours less time won't make much difference. I'll be at the con on both does so it shouldn't affect me, hopefully. Really looking forward to seeing him, and especially to the talk on Sunday!

If I recall correctly what timelord posted is valid for photoshoots only. This bit was posted before C16 where the new system was in place for the first time, and there were no ticketed talks at C16.

It makes sense there because the ticket holders won't be going through in strict number orders, just "1 to 30", "40 to 60" and so on.

I honestly don't know for sure how the talk tickets are processed. But it so far was my understanding that the tickets there are assigned in the number the orders came in. Like the shop says "first to order are first in the auditorium."

If you want to e-mail Hazel at info@collectormania.com, maybe she can somehow trace back what happened with your order.

Naeh, that's not going to be necessary *shrugs* I'm sure they have tons of stuff to do right now, so short before the event, and would rather be spending their work hours with stuff that's really important rather than tracking back how 2 ticket numbers came about *chuckles* I'm sure I'll live ;)

Original plan was - auto from Shatner on Saturday, talk and photo on Sunday.

When i first read this post this morning, I had decided to do the auto on the Sunday as well, as it should be quieter.

Then I remembered how impossibly busy the Sunday was at LF&CC when Stewart and the heroes guests were there that day, so many went for the Sunday. So might stick to the original plan, as figure it's going to be manic around Shatner both days.

That is provided of course he does get there at the expected time 'around 1pm', and flights or traffic don't delay things further.

Edited by TonytheCylon

i was a crewmember when he was at lfcc a few years back,

if he had onley foto's to sign (no posters or othewise)

one person laid the foto before him ande the other pulled it away from him..

he did 60 foto's in 60 sec, it was timed and counted by the surrounding crew at that time

the backdrop was that fans had trouble see how it was signed. ( aka william shatner - or kapt kirk)

for the crew it was great...

• Showmasters Admin

i take it that gold programme advantages,priority in phootshoots etc still apply?

reading the post it seems to say that if you want a better time come on sunday,regardless of which day you attend it should be the same as some people myself included can only attend on one day.

It shouldn't make a huge difference. Jason just wanted people to be aware that Bill will be in late on Saturday and so there will be more time for signing on Sunday. So if you have the choice go for Sunday.

Sorry, I've been looking at screens all day.. my eyes seem to be screwing up...

Did I read that TT MISSED a SM event? I thought that was illegal! I thought more chance of getting Aldrin, Collins and Armstrong to do a 10th Planet signing in Barking..!

Do we know if Malcolm's using his young Jedi apprentice, Kiwi? LOL!

I was there on the Friday, but didn't get time to see Bill. I then flew to India on the Saturday morning and missed the rest of the show :YAHOO:

with regards to his photo shoot on the saturday,will there still be time to have the photos processed and returned to earls court before the end of the day?

Yes the shoot is not intended to be on that late and we usually have about a 2 hour turn around at LFCC. As the event is on until 6pm we have time.

i was a crewmember when he was at lfcc a few years back,

if he had onley foto's to sign (no posters or othewise)

one person laid the foto before him ande the other pulled it away from him..

he did 60 foto's in 60 sec, it was timed and counted by the surrounding crew at that time

the backdrop was that fans had trouble see how it was signed. ( aka william shatner - or kapt kirk)

for the crew it was great...

This some what confuses me as we've only ever had him once and it was not at LFCC.

Go to his line first to get your Virtual Queue Ticket, and you should be fine.

This wasn't a general "get there at the crack of dawn or you won't meet him" post, Jason just wanted people to know and if they want to prepare their journey accordingly. :D

I'd guess that as photo shoots take a while to be printed and many may want to get them signed, the photo shoots could well be first.

But the exact plan will probably be decided on whatever time he turns up as the first post said something like 'around 1pm' so he could turn up earlier or later than that due to flights and traffic etc.

I'd guess that as photo shoots take a while to be printed and many may want to get them signed, the photo shoots could well be first.

But the exact plan will probably be decided on whatever time he turns up as the first post said something like 'around 1pm' so he could turn up earlier or later than that due to flights and traffic etc.

thanks for the reply tony :D

I don't think they'll leave it until the day to decide what to do. We should have schedules soon.

No real point in speculating. Just wait until they give the info :D

ok ,cheers,david,it would help me to know as i have to leave about 5.15pm to catch my train home and i would like to have my photo to take with me.

We are only gonna be there on the Sat and the photo shoot is no 185. We do have EB tickets so hope to get virt ticket straight away for sig.:D

jue x

The photo shoots go really quickly. I was about 136 for Kate Mulgrew's at CM16 and I only had to wait about 20 or 30 mins.

• Showmasters Admin

just to clam things down on here a little

i really do not think there will be a big issue with all of you getting your autographs if when you get to the event you go to his space and get a VQ ticket , we will then know how many people want to meet William on that day before he even arives so we can work out how many he needs to do .

William know what he is doing and we will work it out with him and make it work for you to meet him and get your autos .

we just wanted to get the people that were doing both days or people that have not bought ticket to maybe think about getting his auto on the sun as this will be the slower day for William and people will get more time with him .

do not worry we are not as we know it will work on the day

see you there and we know you will have a great time at the event

jason :spew:

Well this sure lit a firecracker in my bum.

I will be there on both days, BUT I don't have an early bird ticket for the Sunday. This means that I might miss him on Sunday since the Early Bird ticket holders may very well be plenty, and all the VT tickets will be taken or the number I will finally get will be too high for Shatner to manage during the day?

I have an early bird ticket for Saturday, but since he will be busy and have less time on the Saturday, who knows how many autos he will be able to sign? When should I get in line, 4AM? We'll arrive at our hotel very late, so I won't get much sleep and may look like a wreck on the photoshoot.

Happy days.

William can sign quite fast if he has to - or thinks he has to :blush: - so I don't think you have much to worry about. Be there reasonably early and all should be fine.

You can upgrade your Standard Ticket for Sunday by the way. Just join the pay on the day Early Bird line and pay the extra 5 pounds. Just wanted to let you know there's a plan B if something happens Saturday.

Hypothetically, if you get a VT for someone on the Saturday and the day closes before they get to your number, can you use it on the Sunday morning?

no, VT are only valid for one day

*nods*

VT are only valid for the day they are given out.

You can upgrade your Standard Ticket for Sunday by the way. Just join the pay on the day Early Bird line and pay the extra 5 pounds. Just wanted to let you know there's a plan B if something happens Saturday.

But won't that make me dead last in the Shatner line on the early Sunday morning?