Music Guests

mr.fids

• Moderators

There was a Music Mania event, which didn't do very well, so I think music guests have not really been considered since then.

I guess it depends what kind you mean :pyth:

There was a Music Mania event, which didn't do very well, so I think music guests have not really been considered since then.

There was indeed - I crewed it. But I don't think they were the right guests really. That doesn't mean though that there couldn't be a small music section within a larger show - after all SportsMania do it. What sort of guests would get your interest then?

Edited by Banished_From_Rohan

When I'm not at weekend conventions for the programmes I like, I'm always at concerts and gigs so I'd love to see some music guests at events. I often wait outside the arena before and after shows that I go to and also meet some bands and singers when they do radio tours at places like Key 103 etc. Also there's always the CD and book signings that artists sometimes do. I've met JLS, N-Dubz, The Wanted, Gabriella Cilmi, Lloyd Daniels, Jedward and Danyl Johnson recently plus hopefully some more in the next few weeks. I think it'd be best if they brought artists who are popular and current, can you image how many people would attend if say JLS went? it'd be mad haha :wub:

Edited by Doctor Who

I think the music industry is notoriously fickle, someone could win x factor etc and bring out 1 single and never be heard off again! Anyone who is making it is going to be making money by touring and recording etc so doubt you'll get anyone worthwhile only "i'm a celebrities get me out of here rejects" nice idea but would like to see maybe bands playing at effents as something to look at other than the same stalls while waiting for guests to come back or hanging out with friends.

:wub:

Music artists have the same A,B, C list type status that your movie & TV artists have.... I would love to see Madonna, Kylie, Bowie, Jagger, McCartney etc at any event, but it's highly unlikely.... how about some 80's, 90's artists like Tony Hadley, Adam Ant, Suggs, Paul Young, Paul Heaton, Corrs, Stone Roses....

I'd love music guests! But it would be good to have guests that are related to TV or film in my opinion.

For me, I think that Gerard Way (from MCR) would be good at something like LFCC as he has a comic (maybe future film?) and he has previously done signings and SDCC.

Anyway, if you could get him to attend I'd spend my savings on making sure I'm there!! ;)

Musicmania, nearly forgot about that even apart from Blaze Bailey being a complete legend and by far the biggest guest there!

It ranged from Iron Maiden Legend Blaze all the way to S Club 7 member!! Most guests where of the S Club 7 level guest quality!! Explains why there was never a Musicmania 2.

I think it could work through as a zone within Collectormania much as they do now with Sportsmania which also started out as its own event.

celine dion!!!

She was paid $100,000,000 for her stint in vegas so seriously doubt it lol! could you imagine her price for an autograph or photoshoot there's enough conflct with £35 for Shatner £75 for Tyson, I don't think even your credit card could handle it!

:D

I can dream, ppl never believe me but i love celine dion!

100,000,000 was for the entire run no? didnt it last 4 years? wish i could of afforded to go, have similar wishes with the star trek experience that used to be in vegas

celine dion!!!

She was paid $100,000,000 for her stint in vegas so seriously doubt it lol! could you imagine her price for an autograph or photoshoot there's enough conflct with £35 for Shatner £75 for Tyson, I don't think even your credit card could handle it!

:D

I can dream, ppl never believe me but i love celine dion!

100,000,000 was for the entire run no? didnt it last 4 years? wish i could of afforded to go, have similar wishes with the star trek experience that used to be in vegas

By my very rough calculations she'd still be like £140,000 for two days! Wish i could've afforded to go to the star wars celebrations in America!

With regard to music we all have our guilty pleasures, I always loved Gloria Estefan!

:P

• 2 weeks later...

I met Blaze (Bayley) and I most certainly didn't have to pay for his signature. To be honest it would take someone pretty special (AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Metallica etc) to even think about paying for a music signature as just take a look at my signature I do pretty fine waiting before and after gigs.

For me, I think that Gerard Way (from MCR) would be good at something like LFCC as he has a comic (maybe future film?) and he has previously done signings and SDCC.

Anyway, if you could get him to attend I'd spend my savings on making sure I'm there!! :P

THIS. Umbrella Academy is amazing. I've met him loads of times and he's a lovely, charming guy. I'd like them to add Gabriel Ba if they ever got Gerard.