Has this happened to anyone else before at a concert

KingRichard76

On Tuesday I went to see Blondie in concert and I was right by the barrier, hence had a really good view (Debbie Harry looks brilliant) anyways just before the encore the band started throwing guitar picks into the audience.

Clem was holding his freshly battered drum sticks and looking around the audience, I shot my hand out to get his attention and he lobbed the drumsticks right at me one of them I threw my arm up to grab them and inadvertently and purely by accident elbowed the person next to me, I apologised and no more was really said.

Was just wondering if any of you have accidentally done this to another audience member?

*N.B. Just glad I didnt do this at an Eminem concert otherwise I'd be typing this from a hospital bed lol.... And I like Eminem*

Nope never had that. you fortunately seem to have been in a good crowd. i went to see Greenday a few weeks ago, got a fantastic spot near the front after 4 hours of standing there, only to be crushed and have to go over the barrier cos i could not breathe.

I suffered concussion at a concert when a girl, in her enthusiam to be seen jumping around like a loony, headbutted me in the temple. I did reciprocate with a pair of DM's to the canvas clad toes though ;) Oh, and a friend got hit in the face by a plastic bottle full of wee at the original Live Aid, but that was just funny ;)

Got booted in the face with a New Rock boot when I went to see Paradise Lost in London.

Funny enough, the same band in Nottingham produced a much more sedate audience.

Thing is, at things like that, these kind of things cannot be avoided.

On Tuesday I went to see Blondie in concert and I was right by the barrier, hence had a really good view (Debbie Harry looks brilliant) anyways just before the encore the band started throwing guitar picks into the audience.

Clem was holding his freshly battered drum sticks and looking around the audience, I shot my hand out to get his attention and he lobbed the drumsticks right at me one of them I threw my arm up to grab them and inadvertently and purely by accident elbowed the person next to me, I apologised and no more was really said.

Was just wondering if any of you have accidentally done this to another audience member?

*N.B. Just glad I didnt do this at an Eminem concert otherwise I'd be typing this from a hospital bed lol.... And I like Eminem*

I saw them Monday and caught 1 too :WINCE:

Well, berlimey! There was me apologising profusely to the lady I was standing next to wondering if we should swap details so I can pay her to have retinal surgery up in Harley Street and something and fearing that my good character would be tarnished forever more by being known as:

"Richard. The one and only guy EVER who has accidentally battered a poor defenceless woman at a concert."

Now, after reading this and listening to those of you who have been hurt, kicked, burnt, maimed etc its like that scene out of Lethal Weapon 3 when Gibson and Russo are comparing injuries.

But seriously. Am sorry that you have experienced this but as some of you have rightly said, this kind of thing is expected at concerts.

*Whispers*

Am surprised I didnt finish the job off and didnt knock the poor lady out when I completely lost it and headbanged to "One Way Or Another"

I saw them Monday and caught 1 too :WINCE:

Oh, thats awesome that is! Between the pair of us we have a pair of Clem Burke's drum sticks. :D

(As an aside what did you think of their support group "Little Fish" Juju was seriously rocking got a few pics of her and met her after the show)

As this is a collectors website etc I did manage to Debbies sig on my album cover :dance:

Edited by KingRichard76

I ones hit a girl on her head with a small metal thing I have in one of my dreadlocks at a Dimmu Borgir concert at the Lowlands festival. I dind't knew untill after the gig when she told me. she wasn't mad so it was not that bad :YAHOO:

worst thing I had my self was the losing of my pair of glasses in a moshpit, cool thing ones everyone stopped and went searching for my glasses. they were found but could use them any more. for me that was worse than the time I brused 2 ribs..

Edited by svenntroll

Me personally, I've never been injured at a gig. (Not even at a SpeedTheory gig, Kyle! xD) However I did witness a slight bitch fight at The Rasmus' last gig in Wolves last April. And someone kept elbowing me even though they didn't mean to. And the Finnish chick that got into said bitch fight, she kept spilling little bits of lager and some landed on me. ¬¬

But then there was that MCR gig in Nov '05 (Again, in Wolverhampton) where I was in the crowd with my then bf and I was getting kinda claustrophobic (like I do cuz I'm a lightweight) and this drunk couple actually made room so I could breathe, and they gave me their glass of water. =3 That was nice.

But no injuries! xD

The worst thing for me was when I had a beer bottle thrown at my head. I don't even know how they got the beer bottle in, cos they don't sell glass bottles at events and they checked bags on the way in. All I know is that it hurt like hell. Plus, there was still beer in it so I was drenched in beer too. And about ten minutes later, the same group of people began jumping up and down, pushing me against a metal barrier so that I could barely breath. Not fun :D

I've had my fair share of crushes perhaps the worst was when I saw Cannibal Corpse in a sold out 300 capacity venue but the discomfort paid off as I got Mazurkiewicz's drumstick not even Manson at Brixton or Dream Theater in Newport was as manic as CC in Portsmouth Wedgerooms.