Guests and tickets.

My mum is planing on comming.

She would like to see William Shatner, not for a pic or autograph, though.

She want's to ask him something. Would she still need to get a ticket, wich would be basicaly waisted. Or could she just go up to him and talk for a moment?

I know that you DO allow this if the guest is not that busy. But it is likely that he will be busy most of the day. So how would she go about getting a quick word?

My mum is planing on comming.

She would like to see William Shatner, not for a pic or autograph, though.

She want's to ask him something. Would she still need to get a ticket, wich would be basicaly waisted. Or could she just go up to him and talk for a moment?

I know that you DO allow this if the guest is not that busy. But it is likely that he will be busy most of the day. So how would she go about getting a quick word?

Because William is a high profile guest and will be very busy for most of the time I reckon it would be unlikely, BUT fingers crossed he will have a couple of spare minutes.

He's likely to have a queue for most, if not all day, both days that he's there so the chances of your mum being able to just go up and have a quick word are pretty much zero.

Best bet would be to wait until later in the afternoon when the queues may have quietened down and then see if there's any chance.

I'd tell your mum not to get her hopes up though because there are absolutely no guarantees.

• Moderators

The best bet for a guest like William Shatner is for her to go up with someone that IS getting something.

I would be very surprised if she was able to just go and talk to him without getting anything, as he is going to be extremely busy.

The best bet for a guest like William Shatner is for her to go up with someone that IS getting something.

It's one ticket per person who wants to join the queue so, if she does decide to go up with someone else, she will still need a ticket.

I would have thought that even that approach might not work if he is in machine signing mode.

If he is as busy as I would think he will be, I would think that getting a hello might be a bit of a challenge, let alone asking a question and getting a response.

Other alternative might be going to the talk on Sunday, if there is a QA session there then that might be the way to do it.

Plunder, you're not going to like this, and I don't mean it in a nasty way, but in my view your mum will have to buy a ticket like everyone else, auto or no auto. The 2 minutes Shatner spends chatting to your mum is 2 minutes when he's not seeing paying guests, and I'm sorry but that's neither fair nor acceptable.

If you want to take offence at this, fine - that's not the intention. But people are paying money, and it would be grossly unfair on them if some others managed to bypass the system and meet a very busy, popular, guest for free.

I think he is asking about the VQ tickets, so no additional buying there.

But like David has said, William Shatner will be very busy and it is very unlikely that anyone will be allowed to just go up to him without buying an autograph. Joining someone who gets one like it's been suggested is probably the best plan of action.