Latest Event Announcement - LAUREN KATE

showmasters

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

You know if you wanna go to this, where do you get the book/ticket from?

She'll be signing at the show just like any other guest, yo uwill not need a ticket, but people will be called in group order. There will be the books for sale in the dealers room I believe.

Too Tall I have a question reguarding the authors signings. Will they be signing in the same room as the other guests? Just I found this to be a bit of a downer at ET3 as I was hoping to get a picture with Richelle Mead or atleast one of her signing my book but obviously being in the signing room your not meant to take pictures.

• Showmasters Admin

Too Tall I have a question reguarding the authors signings. Will they be signing in the same room as the other guests? Just I found this to be a bit of a downer at ET3 as I was hoping to get a picture with Richelle Mead or atleast one of her signing my book but obviously being in the signing room your not meant to take pictures.

I don't know for sure about the room, but to be honest for the number of people we're likely to need to get through we're likely to have to stop photos during the authors signings. At ET3 we had to double the authors signing time because well over 70% of the attendees got her autograph. And with it being sign as many books as you want it takes a lot of time.

It doesn't matter how people do it, taking photos will always take more time (and will 90% of the time lead to someone asking for a posed photo which really caused us time issues). We just can't allow them when there's a chance it means someone else doesn't get to met the guest at all.

I'll have a word with the office to see what we can do. It might be that if they are in a different room we can look at allowing photos once it goes open queue (i.e. everyone has been called). This will be for authors only though.

You know if you wanna go to this, where do you get the book/ticket from?

She'll be signing at the show just like any other guest, yo uwill not need a ticket, but people will be called in group order. There will be the books for sale in the dealers room I believe.

I don't know for sure about the room, but to be honest for the number of people we're likely to need to get through we're likely to have to stop photos during the authors signings. At ET3 we had to double the authors signing time because well over 70% of the attendees got her autograph. And with it being sign as many books as you want it takes a lot of time.

It doesn't matter how people do it, taking photos will always take more time (and will 90% of the time lead to someone asking for a posed photo which really caused us time issues). We just can't allow them when there's a chance it means someone else doesn't get to met the guest at all.

I'll have a word with the office to see what we can do. It might be that if they are in a different room we can look at allowing photos once it goes open queue (i.e. everyone has been called). This will be for authors only though.

That would be awesome thanks Stuart. I wouldn't even mind say getting a pic of the author whilst I'm still a couple of people back in the queue if you get what I mean. But worried that if I even attempted to get my camera out I'd be asked to put it away by crew.

• 4 weeks later...