Scottish costuming/cosplay group?

I was reading the LFCC cosplay thread and noticed Vicky saying that she can't join a costuming/cosplay group due to where she lives. This got me to thinking about the possibility of a Scottish group. I know of one, based in Edinburgh, but they're a bit rubbish, turning up in costumes bought from Argos and giving us costumers/cosplayers a bad name. We can do **** better than that. Now, off the top of my head I can think of a dozen potential peeps that could make up the core of such a group. Anyone interested in such a thing? Charity events, comic shop events, movie openings, hospital visits, all that good sh!t.

I'd definitely be interested, though must admit to being a complete newbie! I am about to make my first costume (unless you include my Dolly Parton one - but I don't think that counts - though it is fab)! I'm making a Voyager Command outfit.

(PS anyone know where I can buy a dark grey undershirt for it in Glasgow?)

(PS anyone know where I can buy a dark grey undershirt for it in Glasgow?)

I've looked, you're out of luck.

You can easily grab a pattern from a few sites though and put it together. Just use lilac jersey-type fabric and it'll look amazing.

Golfers seem to wear the same style tops as an under shirt but I haven't seen any grey ones yet. Might look in the golf and sports shops in the holidays. Only 1 week and 2 days to go :)

It's worth a look there - it's been hard to get them since they fell out of fashion. I remmeber the mid-nineties, everyone was wearing them!

Try http://www.warp-one.co.uk - they do good stuff.

I'm realy good friends with Steve and Andy from Warp One. (Not trying to feed my own ego here, just saying it how it is)

I've recently been talking to then as I noticed a month back their Website was down. There is good reason but I'm not allowed to say.

I could be up for a Cos Play Group in and around Edinburgh.

I have a Warp-One TNG top, Voyager top, First contact and I'm currently getting a First Contact top tailor made for me.

I also have USCM BDUs from Aliens and a full 1985 British Army Soldier load out

Edited by UKCM

• 4 weeks later...

Lol, there is already a fairly large Scottish cosplay group. We tend to travel between dundee, edinburgh and glasgow. Theres also a good few of us that attend conventions all over the UK, from North of Scotland to South of London.

If u guys are intrested in joining up with us, your more than welcome, i'll be attending on saturday at least. Just look for this guy, my name is Simon:

31243_130969876915713_100000081035056_345079_6860152_n.jpg

Edited by SoullesS

Lol, there is already a fairly large Scottish cosplay group. We tend to travel between dundee, edinburgh and glasgow. Theres also a good few of us that attend conventions all over the UK, from North of Scotland to South of London.

If u guys are intrested in joining up with us, your more than welcome, i'll be attending on saturday at least. Just look for this guy, my name is Simon:

31243_130969876915713_100000081035056_345079_6860152_n.jpg

Hi Looking forwarding to meeting you at the convention and learning more about your group :poki: Great costume love tekken :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

i think that this would be great

in MK we have a group that started up and its now very big with lots of members , so why not go for it .

we would help any Group that starts up , its now down to you :-)

see you there

jason :P

• Like 1