Working Hard on New Guests

Massive Events

I wouldn't worry too much. Hallowhedon only had 2 guests with about a month to go last year if I recall correctly. By the time Bitten is here we'll have at least 4 guests I'm sure or it. You'll all probably find at the start of next month (first week or two) we'll suddenly get 2 or 3 guests in a row and then everyone will be saying how great it looks. It always happens this way and no one ever learns to just sit back and let SM/ME t work their magic.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite confident that SM/ME will get us some more great guests.

I remember squealing quite loudly when they announced Burn Gorman for Hub 2 and that was quite late. They don't let us down.

:(

Edited by TheAngelicOne

I don't mean to be rude, but is there a minimum amount of guests in order for it to go forward? Would it still go ahead without anyone else signing up?

Is there any indiciation as to how long before anyone else will be announced?

I'm not being snotty, just asking as I'm not a seasoned con go-er I don't really know how these things work?

• Moderators

I don't mean to be rude, but is there a minimum amount of guests in order for it to go forward? Would it still go ahead without anyone else signing up?

It has differed from one event to the next in the past, so we can't really say.

In the end, it takes as long as it takes. I know that's not a helpful answer, but they're very reliant on other people to get back to them etc. So it's not really something they can say. It's pretty much out of their hands beyond trying to get people to sign up. As soon as possible ..

It has differed from one event to the next in the past, so we can't really say.

In the end, it takes as long as it takes. I know that's not a helpful answer, but they're very reliant on other people to get back to them etc. So it's not really something they can say. It's pretty much out of their hands beyond trying to get people to sign up. As soon as possible ..

Thanks David for getting back to me so quickly.

thats a really good question! would the event still take place if they only had the 2 guests or would it be cancelled I wonder?

I would love to go to this but at the moment I cannot commit to paying £78 (plus hotel costs) for 2 guests. So until I hear further announcements I'll have to hold off. I do hope SM can get some more guests in time :) Good luck!!

I would hope that if there were only 2 guests and they did not cancel the event that they would compensate the attendees by having a free photograph or something to that effect.

I have been doing conventions for over 10 years and I have never been to one that didn't have at least 5 guests, so I have every faith that ME will not let us down.

:D

Ticket sales are going to dictate how many guests such events have.

With american guests you ain't gonna fly em in economy class - unless they agree :) - so 3-4 guests is probably the most likely for an event like this.

I'd still like to go to the event but will wait till last minute before deciding...

I would love to go to this but at the moment I cannot commit to paying £78 (plus hotel costs) for 2 guests. So until I hear further announcements I'll have to hold off. I do hope SM can get some more guests in time :) Good luck!!

I'm in the same boat and I think a lot of others are. I think showmasters/massive events will notice a up take in tickets as soon as they start to accounce other guests.

I'm in the same boat and I think a lot of others are. I think showmasters/massive events will notice a up take in tickets as soon as they start to accounce other guests.

But like Celticrob said, they may not have the ticket sales to get more guests because people are holding off buying to wait to see what other guests there are going to be!

Catch 22????

But like Celticrob said, they may not have the ticket sales to get more guests because people are holding off buying to wait to see what other guests there are going to be!

Catch 22????

I don't see that there's any point in worrying. I thought it was made perfectly clear in the first post that the reason we haven't have more than two yet is because the people they are asking don't know they schedules for those dates as yet. Work comes first for them. It sounds to me like there's interest from a number of guests so as soon as anyone knows they're free we'll get another guest or few.

From previous events I have now learnt to wait to find out about other guests it helps me decide on whether to get silver or standard or to go at all.

Heroes event 1st one went standard 2nd silver (wish I went standard) but bought ticket early 3rd didn't go at all.

Twilight event 1st Silver 2nd standard as wanted to get good number and for tickets not to run out and didn't have money for silver. 3rd Standard 4th Silver 5th looks like I'm going standard not bought yet.

The guests make a huge reason when and and what ticket I buy. I have learnt to wait for a reason or sometimes regrate which ticket I buy.