Working Hard on New Guests

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that we are working hard on some new guests for you! :D

It has proved fairly tricky getting guests to commit on this event but I think we are starting to get some movement now as the event is approaching and they are starting to get an idea of their work schedules.

Without wishing to put a jinx on it, I hope that we will have some guest news for you very soon! :D

Thanks for being so patient. We have an amazing weekend planned and can't wait for the event to come around!

Take care,

Mark :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still tempted for this, but my purse strings are giving me all kinds of grief!

I hear you on that Angie. I'm hoping I have enough by the end of the month or about mid July to definately be able to get tickets. If I do this will be the latest I've had to wait to get tickets for an event. Hope you can come too sweetie.

Thanks so much!

I've spent loads this month (new laptop, vet bills, music festival ...aaargh), and now I need to panic about getting this ticket!

Damn you Massive Events!!! :YAHOO:

This is great news! I can't wait for this con :D

THIS IS NOT A MOAN OR CRITISISM but...

Mixed reaction over this update. I completely understand that the announcing of guests or lack of, isn't SM/ME fault, they can only announce if a contract is signed but with all due respect, as nice as this update is, it doesnt really mean anything. Its just SM/ME telling us what we already knew and (DO appreciate), that they are working on getting guests. It doesnt mean we ARE getting new guests. Maybe that's just me being negative but just not getting my hopes in case it doesnt pan out.

Good luck SM/ME, thankyou for your hard work...really hope that we get some new guests, super excited about Sam & Kristin so i'm sure it will be a great weekend regardless.

• Moderators

Gemma - it was pretty inevitable that someone was going to write what you did.

Sadly, we always get people disappointed that there are no updates, and then people who are still disappointed when we DO get updates. Massive Events are often in a no-win situation.

But I would recommend trying not to be too negative over it. It doesn't really help anything B)

Gemma - it was pretty inevitable that someone was going to write what you did.

Sadly, we always get people disappointed that there are no updates, and then people who are still disappointed when we DO get updates. Massive Events are often in a no-win situation.

But I would recommend trying not to be too negative over it. It doesn't really help anything B)

Get where your coming from I do, and I appreciate your comments. Not being negative as such. As I stated, excited about the current guests and look forward to the weekend as a whole, so not so much negativity on my part as supposed to just like with all cons, not getting my hopes up either. That way i'm either not disappointed or pleasantly surprised. ^_^

Just I dont think SM/ME do themselves any favours when they build something up, like the Bitten event posters at CM:MK. I feel that when, like how you said, they are often in a no way situation, that it's best not to say or do things to raise people's expectations as that will just add to people's frustrations, thats all. :rolleyes:

I hear you on that Angie. I'm hoping I have enough by the end of the month or about mid July to definately be able to get tickets. If I do this will be the latest I've had to wait to get tickets for an event. Hope you can come too sweetie.

I'm getting really tempted too.... I decided that if i can get someone to share a room with then i'll go if not then i really can't afford it :unsure:

I'm getting really tempted too.... I decided that if i can get someone to share a room with then i'll go if not then i really can't afford it :D

I have a room booked but waiting for guest accouncements before I buy a ticket. So I will need a roomie.

Im with Gemma on the mixed feelings. Ive been doing cons for years and its totally disappointing that we are 7 weeks away from the event with still only 2 guests (albeit excellent ones) and the amount its costing us all I supose we expect something a little more positive than they are having problems getting guests to commit. That doesnt bode well. I raved about how amazing SM were last year and Im having trouble keeping that up!

I'm getting really tempted too.... I decided that if i can get someone to share a room with then i'll go if not then i really can't afford it :D

I have a room booked but waiting for guest accouncements before I buy a ticket. So I will need a roomie.

well i am definitely interested :)

I agree with Blackviolet, we do have two amazing guests and they are great but with such a short time to go I don’t think it’s unreasonable in the slightest to start to question what’s going on regarding who else is coming. We have spent a lot of money on this and intend to spend more on photos etc at the event so I think it’s completely acceptable to start asking questions.

• Moderators

People have asked questions, and ME have given this update.

Sadly, there's not a lot more they can give in terms of negotiation details etc, so we don't have much choice but to wait.

I know it can be frustrating but all the questions in the world won't make things move any quicker. It's just as bad for them :D