The Football Chat

Daniel

oh I remember, cos I said half of me hopes they go bust cos I dont like them much but half of me doesnt cos It would be a shame for such an historic club to go and bad for the league.

blinkered, lol my liverpool friends will spout about everything for ages against other teams yet if it occurs to them its all quickly forgotten or brushed off and the champs league is brought up that you won lol.

also rarely will liverpool fans (that i know) admit any liverpool player is ever at fault lol even if its blatant like carragher the serial hacker in the box a few seasons ago lol where he somehow escaped penalties and cards for blatant fouls in the liverpool box lol.

jsut having a little fun, which elsewhere on this forum is getting harder and harder to do without being attacked lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good to have fun, and I personally never attack people. I just ignore them. I am just finding it fun to wind up a Spurs fan as it is usually a United or Chelsea fan.

Carragher was lucky not to have a penalty given against him on Sunday.

Gerrard has started to forearm opposition too many times as of late.

The list is endless to mistakes made.

But I see it as the fact that they happen. We cannot do anything about them. And I move on.

Simple as.

Liverpool have indeed won a mighty 5 European Cups/Champions Leagues. They are also one of 3 teams who can win a little blue badge on their kit when playing in the European Champions League as they have won it 5 times.

They are also the joint top winners of most top division titles with United who recently tied up the number of titles.

Afre the last two paragraphs the ones that keep getting brought up? If so, the reason most Scousers bring the up is because it gets a reaction from non Scouse Reds!

super gerrard the saviour tonight again it seems, 1 nil down gerrard comes on next time i look its 3-1 lol

how was the game? was the win deserved? not been watching it.

nice to see city loose, see money doesnt buy everything and instant success, you need to build not just splash money at everything

And I reckon you have a secret crush on a certain Frenchman DJ!!! :(

haha - I'm far too old for him, his packet of sweets and beaming smile do nothing for me!

However Harry's daughter in law............ :(

Ahhh, Louise Redknapp sounds so much better than Louise Nurding. Always fancied her since her music days.

super gerrard the saviour tonight again it seems, 1 nil down gerrard comes on next time i look its 3-1 lol

how was the game? was the win deserved? not been watching it.

nice to see city loose, see money doesn't buy everything and instant success, you need to build not just splash money at everything

Gerrard played a blinder. He gave the whole team a great lift coming on at half time. The first goal was sublime as the Napoli defender did a pass back with at least three Liverpool player sin the box. The GK went for it with his feet as Stevie came in and Stevie won!! The GK then got booked for faking an injury (usual dramatics) and complaining.

The second goal was a penalty after a blatant body check on Glen Johnson. Very well taken penalty.

Goal number three was some great link up play with Lucas feeding Stevie G who dinked the ball over the GK.

John W Henry was in attendance, as was his rather fit Wife.

The first half was a tad flat with the goal for Napoli being down to a mistake by Liverpool.

They fought as a team in the second half. Chasing down every ball. They really looked good and deserved the win. They never stopped running and were rewarded with 3 late goals.

I did laugh when Man City lost and the commentator pointed out that Mancini had lost 3 on the bounce, and letting in 8 goals!!!

And in stark contrast Liverpool have won their last three, and scored 6.

Win number 4!!!

An absolutely brilliant performance and result. They weathered the onslaught comeback from Chelsea and stayed strong. Ninth place and moving in the right direction. Now this is Liverpool FC.

And Newcastle silencing Arsenal.

Carlos Tevez shows that he is that damn good for Man City and their talisman!!

So gutted, but so proud.

For about 45 minutes, Liverpool were in 5th place. All the results were going great. But one goal meant that Liverpool remained in 9th at the end of the game.

A great run of 4 wins and 1 draw over the last 5 games, and Wigan threw everything at Liverpool. A great goal levelled it up for Wigan, and Reina earned his wages tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Whether they were going to the bar early, or actually going home, 5 minutes from half time saw a portion of the travelling West Ham fans depart the Anfield stands.

3-0 at half time, and it could have been more. Now, can the Reds of Liverpool make it 6-0 and a jump up the table to the lofty heights of 7th?

Whether they were going to the bar early, or actually going home, 5 minutes from half time saw a portion of the travelling West Ham fans depart the Anfield stands.

Insert joke here about going to check the wheels hadn't been stolen from their cars...

Insert joke here about going to check the wheels hadn't been stolen from their cars...

Although the remaining Hammers fans were singing Sign On...well, they didn't have anything to cheer for in the match!

A good result for Spurs, but the game should have been beyond them by the end of the first hour. Two wasted chances for Liverpool, and anyone saying that Dirk Kuyt should not have had a penalty are deluded. Anyway, Spurs get the results, so it is now on to the Europa League game against Steaua Bucharest on Sunday.

FA Cup Draw - Manchester United vs Liverpool ....WOW!

anyone saying that Dirk Kuyt should not have had a penalty are deluded.

Didn't see it on MOTD2, and Hodgson didn't mention it after the game. And no mention back in the studio, and considering Lawro was on the couch, and presenter Colin Murray is also an LFC fan, I can't imagine they'd have let it slide if there was a contentious decision.

Anyway, Spurs couldn't have been that lucky - they missed a penalty after all, and there was nothing contentious about that decision...

Liverpool had their chances but never took them and payed for it.

Spurs are definitely up there with the best on current form, they just need to stop conceding so many goals but at least Dawson is back in training. A couple more league wins on the bounce will put us right back in the mix. Birmingham and Chelsea next and right now I fancy our chances against anyone. :lol:

anyone saying that Dirk Kuyt should not have had a penalty are deluded.

Didn't see it on MOTD2, and Hodgson didn't mention it after the game. And no mention back in the studio, and considering Lawro was on the couch, and presenter Colin Murray is also an LFC fan, I can't imagine they'd have let it slide if there was a contentious decision.

Anyway, Spurs couldn't have been that lucky - they missed a penalty after all, and there was nothing contentious about that decision...

Didn't watch MOTD2. And when Roy was interviewed on Sky Sports he said that he couldn't clearly see from where he was.

As regards no mention in the Studio, I cannot say why they never mentioned it. It does surprise me as I have seen replays of it from several angles and I cannot understand why neither the Referee or Assistant Referee didn't flag for it. But hey, these things happen every week. I had just seen many posts on footballing forums and found some Spurs fans rather deluded.

Fully aware of Colin Murray's supporting of Liverpool FC, but have always found him to be rather objective and not let his personal choices cloud his commentary.

As regards Mark Lawrenson, in recent years I have found both he and Alan Hansen somewhat distance themselves from being vocal about Liverpool. I am not sure whether it is by choice, or they have been directed to be more impartial by Producers.

And Spurs were lucky. Forget the penalty that they had and missed as that was a stone wall penalty. Ngog was a prat. Spurs were lucky that Liverpool missed several gilt edge chances that could have seen them in the lead 3-0 after an hour.

As regards Spurs being up there with the top dogs on recent form, this is something that is open to debate. They have been erratic in their performances, but have dug deep and had the rub of the green with some results. The end of the season will determine as to whether they have become more consistant.

SHocker of a result during the El Clasico with Barcalona destroying Real Madrid 5-0!!

• 2 weeks later...

ive skim read some of the recent, im lazy lol

regard spurs liverpool, it could of gone either way, saying suprs were lucky is a joke considering it almost ended 3-1 to spurs (and thats without the missed pen)

yes our defence isnt great at the moment, we are shipping to many goals, how we topped out champs group with a goal difference of plus 7 i have no idea lol, we ship to many, luckly we are scoring a fair few also. though the less said about the bolton game the better for me lol. with dawson coming back and dafoe back that is like 2 new sigings as they have been out for so long. if spurs get a proper keeper and left back in jan we really could push

regard the panorama, i didnt see it but its all F******d up anyway, fifa said it wouldnt have any baring now they say of course we couldnt vote for england agter that program, that alone proves they are corrupt, the program also did so I hear. should they of broadcast it? YES, did it cost us the bid? who knows, PERHAPS, Though PERHAPS NOT, putin didnt even bother going, think that says alot, they knew it was already theres. should they of waited a week before broadcasting the program? Bloody hell YES!

shocking what happened to chris houghton wtf was that about?

regard spurs liverpool, it could of gone either way, saying suprs were lucky is a joke considering it almost ended 3-1 to spurs (and thats without the missed pen)

Well, if you had bothered to read the comments in full, you would have seen that I said that Spurs were lucky because Liverpool missed several gilt edged chances that could have sewn up the game well before Spurs scored. It was after that first hour that Spurs took advantage of this and won the match. So, before commenting it would be ideal to read the comments rather than scan them. Mistakes can happen.

Panorama should never had made it public about the programme before it aired. This allowed FIFA to have a reason not to give it to us. Look at Russia and Qatar..both oil rich. It will be interesting to see what contracts get handed around.

I find it laughable that Sepp Blatter and his cronies have said that England are sore losers, yet refuse to expand on those statements. The newspaper reports ans Panorama highlighted how corrupt FIFA is, but it is nothing new with big business.

This decision is a straight indication that English football is disliked worldwide by those who do not have their thumbs in the pie so to speak.

I do hope the World Cup succeeds for the sake of football, but the 2018 event I feel will bomb in a big way.

Newcastle were looking for the right time to sack Houghton. The Sunderland result just delayed it.

• 2 weeks later...

6 months have passed and Rafa Benitez has "mutually" parted waves with Inter Milan!

mutually lol

I dont like rafa so this news mad me smile lol, saying that he wasnt exactly given much time was he

Inter have always been like that. Instant results. They struggled in the Champions League group stage. They scraped by in the World Club Tourney. They are 7th and 13 points behind AC Milan.

Biggest mistake was calling the clubs bluff. He lost!