Location within Hilton?

Zagreus

Just wondering if we could be told where within the Hilton building Bad Wolf will be taking place? At the past two Autographica shows, I walked from the NEC and entered what seems to be the back door of the hotel. Will this be the best way to enter this weekend, with registration and rooms clearly sign-posted? Just thought I'd ask as it really is a big hotel with lots of ways to go, and it would be good to know in advance where to go.

If you walk from the NEC I personally don't know any other way than through that back door you mentioned, but maybe someone was more adventerous than me there. :D

The exact name of the rooms should be posted when the schedule goes up, so hopefully soon.

There's this huge screen with all events and where they take place near the hotel's reception desk if everything else fails.

If you walk from the NEC I personally don't know any other way than through that back door you mentioned, but maybe someone was more adventerous than me there.:D

The exact name of the rooms should be posted when the schedule goes up, so hopefully soon.

There's this huge screen with all events and where they take place near the hotel's reception desk if everything else fails.

Oh there is going to be a schedule posted up?

Its alright my potential lift is asking me times lol.

Thanks =)

I have a general idea of what time to get there in the mornings, though last time I asked someone for a lift they managed to get lost! So for my own peace of mind, i'll probs go out a slighty bit earlier. That's if my house guest for the weekend doesn't mind lol.

Thanks =)

I have a general idea of what time to get there in the mornings, though last time I asked someone for a lift they managed to get lost! So for my own peace of mind, i'll probs go out a slighty bit earlier. That's if my house guest for the weekend doesn't mind lol.

Of course I don't - although don't forget Saturday I'll be there waiting for you, with a very large bucket of coffee in my hands lol!!

Hi

The best way to enter for this event is through the main doors of the hotel

See you there

Zoe

Any description how to get there from the NEC when you walk by chance, Zoe? When we followed the signs for Chevron they led us straight to the back door that is being mentioned.

The distance was so short, it just seemed like a waste of time to wait for the shuttle.

I'm quite bad at reading maps, so I may be wrong there.... But I'm pretty sure that the map is showing the way to the back doors.

I'll be honest, I can't really tell what that map is showing either haha, I just read the title of the thread 'Map to Hilton Hotel from NEC' and thought it might help. I've only ever been to the NEC once before and that was at The Hub 3 but my dad drove me there and then dropped me and my mum off. This time I'm taking the train so I'm not really sure how I'm going to find the registration desks at the hotel etc but I'm just going to have to hope that I don't get lost, fingers crossed. :YAHOO:

Edited by Doctor Who

If you take the shuttle from the train station it will drop you off at the main entrance anyway, so no worries there.

If you end up walking to those special back doors :YAHOO: the way to reception is clearly signposted.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

It is free, I think there's a courtesy phone somewhere at the station where you can ask for pick up.

That's about all I remember, sorry. We kept walking because the weather was so nice.

Let me check the ET forums... the info was posted there somewhere.

EDIT: I knew it was hiding in the ET section. :YAHOO:

take the rail from airport to birmingham international (just 2 minutes) and it is free

at the station next to the subway is a yellow telephone where you can call the hilton shuttle. If you haven't so much lagguage you can walk to the hilton

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Moderators

You have to go down to the bus station to get it - it's not that well signposted once you get to the bus stops where to wait, though.

The walk is really not long though - we walked back with our suitcases even on the Monday at Hub 3. And we went over at least once a day to Subway at the station cos it was the only open non-Hilton food place.

The walk is really not long though - we walked back with our suitcases even on the Monday at Hub 3. And we went over at least once a day to Subway at the station cos it was the only open non-Hilton food place.

If you go the otherside of the station, you can get the short hop free monorail out to the airport, theres a few more places such as a Burger King there. The NEC is pretty dead in the summer, its more lively come November when most of the halls are full.

• Moderators

If you go the otherside of the station, you can get the short hop free monorail out to the airport, theres a few more places such as a Burger King there. The NEC is pretty dead in the summer, its more lively come November when most of the halls are full.

Adding on the monorail hop 2 ways, the journey would have eaten up too much of the lunch break for us to get back with the food for those of our group who couldn't walk over with us daily...

(I'm taking my own food this weekend, and for Roadhouse in September)

Well, I'm bound to get lost knowing my luck! Still, I have a phone, I have several peoples phone numbers (Including AngelicOne) and as long as I find my way to the cofee I'll be just fine.

Failing that - I'll meet everyone by those blasted mirrors, just remind me to be careful where my eyes go lol

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there,

Registration for Bad Wolf will be taking place in the main reception area of the hotel.

We will be mainly using The Palace Suite, which is next to reception, for the main event activities so all should be fairly close together and easy for everyone to find. :D

If you are unsure of anything at the event then please do just grab me, Jason, Derek or any crew member and we will be happy to help!

Mark :D