New series of Torchwood?

etmuse

• Showmasters Admin

I have to say that we were all incredibly excited by the news too! :D

We had feared that Torchwood would be no more and it really came as a surprise, (A very good surprise), that the contrary was announced yesterday!

Now we have another series of Torchwood to look forward to we can plan with confidence that The Hub will survive well beyond it's 5th incarnation! :YAHOO:

We look forward to many more fantastic weekends with you all!

Mark :D

Ooh this makes the news even better then, thanks for the update Massive Events, I'll be attending your Hub events as long as you run them. My first was The Hub 3, then I went to The Hub 4 and I'm all booked up for The Hub 5 already. I can't wait for the new series of Torchwood and these Hub events are always fantastic weekends, here's hoping that a 6th Hub event will be announced too then. Obviously though, there's The Hub 5 to look forward to first, bring it on! :YAHOO:

Edited by Doctor Who

I just whooped when I clicked the link, even though I saw it at work earlier. Luckily no one else is home so I don't feel like a nerd. =D

There's no need for anyone to feel like a nerd, even the one who "whooped in the library" :D

And, as no one else seems to have said it yet.... if they are filming in the US, it will make it a hell of a lot easier to get James Marsters back, won't it?

Cheers, and see y'all in October!

I just whooped when I clicked the link, even though I saw it at work earlier. Luckily no one else is home so I don't feel like a nerd. =D

There's no need for anyone to feel like a nerd, even the one who "whooped in the library" :D

And, as no one else seems to have said it yet.... if they are filming in the US, it will make it a hell of a lot easier to get James Marsters back, won't it?

Luckily it's a university library, so it was pretty empty! lol

There's no need for anyone to feel like a nerd, even the one who "whooped in the library" :lol:

Hee hee!

Which one? I work at Salford University library.

First: SQQQQQQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:WINCE::lol::lol::lol::D:band::unsure:

Second: Not to rain on anyones parade, but weren't Starz the ones that tanked Earth: Final Conflict?

I cautiosly optimistic here.

There's no need for anyone to feel like a nerd, even the one who "whooped in the library" :P

Hee hee!

Which one? I work at Salford University library.

Northumbria Uni!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well if you can bare to read RTDs interview on AfterElton, it appears that they got it pretty spot on. They mention a Rex Matheson and someone called Esther so who know what else digitalspy got right?

JMHO

IDIC

Okay have no idea if I'm doing this right, but anyway. I've just read in the Torchwood Magazine that they'e just put a casting call out for 4 new characters. Rex Matheson, Esther ..., Dr Vera ... and another guy. Rex is late 20's CIA agent. Esther is early 20's CIA analyst.

Can't really give you much more than this, as didn't buy the magazine, just browsed it in WHSmith's. Hope this is ok.

According to the mag the characters are

Rex Matheson - late 20s, a CIA agent and high-flyer who knows how to enjoy himself but is ruthless when the occasion demands. For Rex the rules are off - like him or loathe him, you can't miss him and that's hoe Rex wants it to be.

Esther Katusi - early 20s, she's an optimist, her faith in mankind is sustained by her own Christianity and she's hopelessly in love with Rex, though she won't tell him. She learns how to survive on the run with the best of them without ever losing her essential good-hearted nature (remind you of someone?)

Oswald Jones - late 40s, a convicted murderer and paedophile Oswald is dangerously clever and escapes his sentence on a technicality. He appears to be genuinely repentant but underneath he's still boiling with lust and rage.

Dr Vera Juarez - nothing is said about her besides the fact that she is 'rather marvellous'

I read the main 3 casting calls and just went *yawn* I don't find any of them interesting in the slightest.

Edited by Darth Ally

• 2 weeks later...

My second thought was based on this quote

While previous series were based on location in Cardiff, Wales, this new instalment will see storylines widen to include locations in the U.S. and around the world. John Barrowman and Eve Myles will return in their roles as Captain Jack and Gwen respectively, along with new faces

I wonder if this means that some episodes will be purely US based with cameos from John/Eve/etc, or hopefully it will be full appearances with the location being in the US.

Just been looking at the Torchwood mag (I also browsed it in Smiths!) and it has quotes from Eve and John saying they'll be staying out in the US for 7 months and they're sorting out where they're living and stuff, and how excited they are, which sounds to me like they'll still be the main characters :D

If only Ianto was there too :'(