New series of Torchwood?

etmuse

• Moderators

It's probably sad that one of my immediate thoughts on reading this news was 'Oh, this will be good for the likelihood of keeping the Hubs going!'

It's probably sad that one of my immediate thoughts on reading this news was 'Oh, this will be good for the likelihood of keeping the Hubs going!'

Don't worry I thought the same

I really didn't expect to be this happy after COE but this is FANTASTIC!

My third thought. First was, :P

My second thought was based on this quote

While previous series were based on location in Cardiff, Wales, this new instalment will see storylines widen to include locations in the U.S. and around the world. John Barrowman and Eve Myles will return in their roles as Captain Jack and Gwen respectively, along with new faces

I wonder if this means that some episodes will be purely US based with cameos from John/Eve/etc, or hopefully it will be full appearances with the location being in the US.

My third thought. First was, :P

My second thought was based on this quote

While previous series were based on location in Cardiff, Wales, this new instalment will see storylines widen to include locations in the U.S. and around the world. John Barrowman and Eve Myles will return in their roles as Captain Jack and Gwen respectively, along with new faces

I wonder if this means that some episodes will be purely US based with cameos from John/Eve/etc, or hopefully it will be full appearances with the location being in the US.

The US is just one of the locations in the series.

brilliant news but how will this international production work? will it be filmed in the uk? will it be TW or a spin off tw with jack and gwen dropping in?

only 10 eps? strange number

i wonder if we will ever see the distraught jack roaming the universe sad before we see new TW, an appearance in new who with matt next year would be amazing and he can help fix, would hate it if new tx came back and jack just appears all happy again

brilliant news but how will this international production work? will it be filmed in the uk? will it be TW or a spin off tw with jack and gwen dropping in?

only 10 eps? strange number

i wonder if we will ever see the distraught jack roaming the universe sad before we see new TW, an appearance in new who with matt next year would be amazing and he can help fix, would hate it if new tx came back and jack just appears all happy again

It's true... The BBC have today announced the exciting news that a brand new series of Torchwood has been commissioned. :D

The long-awaited fourth series, developed in a three-way co-production partnership made up of BBC Cymru Wales, BBC Worldwide and US network, Starz Entertainment, will include 10 episodes, with its original creator Russell T Davies leading the writing team. John Barrowman and Eve Myles will be back as Jack and Gwen, with the promise of â€new faces†joining the ensemble. :YAHOO:

according to Interview with starz chief & RTD a lot of the story is based in the US.

THR: What changes are in store for fans?

Albrecht: Well at the end of "Children of Earth," Torchwood was destroyed, so when we pick up in our world the need for Torchwood arises again. A lot of this story takes place in the U.S. as well with several characters that are in the U.S. intelligence forces and end up teaming up with Gwen and Captain Jack to deal with the situation at hand.

See more at

http://tinyurl.com/29gyhcb

I had a similar thought! I like meeting up with you lot in person :)