New Guest Announcement - Arthur Darvill

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce that Arthur Darvill, who played Rory Williams in the latest series of Dr Who will be joining us for Bad Wolf! :D

This will be Arthur's first appearance at a Dr Who event and we are delighted that he has chosen Bad Wolf! :P

arthur-darvill.jpg

Woooo, awesome news, I can't wait to meet him and I'm really glad he's doing a photoshoot. I'm still hoping he'll come back in the show and I have a feeling he might do, really can't wait to meet him, thanks Showmasters and Massive Events :P

Edited by Doctor Who

• Moderators

Ok, this definitely more than makes up for the cancellations, at least in MY book. I freakin LOVE Rory!

I think Rory is great as well, however, not at the expense of the three guests I was attending for.

I'm disappointed by the cancellations, but none of the three are devastating losses for me, which is probably a factor...

Also, *sigh* I PROMISED myself no extras, but... I may have to buy a photoshoot...

Edited by etmuse

Ok, this definitely more than makes up for the cancellations, at least in MY book. I freakin LOVE Rory!

I think Rory is great as well, however, not at the expense of the three guests I was attending for.

I'm disappointed by the cancellations, but none of the three are devastating losses for me, which is probably a factor...

Unfortunately, they are losses for me especially Sophia Myles. Hopefully. Trevor and Christopher will still be there and of course Arthur.

I'm really disappointed over Sophia but if I think positive, I was going to get a canvas signed for my boss's breast cancer charity so it saves me an extra autograph. And i'm sure that SM will get her for a future event which would be awesome.

And I guess it rules Arthur out as the surprise guest lol.

Took me a while to find these but I love how this sequence develops...because it happens to me so often! :P

The Denial

And while I've worked out that I probably COULD (just) afford to go, I definitely SHOULDN'T (financially speaking).

Argh!

The Reluctant Acceptance

Because I got a bonus at work and was therefore too weak to resist (ie I'm now coming to the event... even though it means a ridiculously early start from home on the Saturday...)

The Promise

Unless the 'mystery' guest is someone I REALLY REALLY need a photo with, I have banned myself from buying any extras. Doing it on minimum budget is the only way I could make the deal with myself to actually go at all...

The Betrayal

Also, *sigh* I PROMISED myself no extras, but... I may have to buy a photoshoot...

Forgot to say - good guest!

Edited by 1of2

It's a bit difficult for some people to see it as good news and making up for the cancellations. I am glad he was announced, and i'll meet him, but it in no way makes up for David Troughton. I've waited to meet him most of my life.

Took me a while to find these but I love how this sequence develops...because it happens to me so often! :P

The Denial

And while I've worked out that I probably COULD (just) afford to go, I definitely SHOULDN'T (financially speaking).

Argh!

The Reluctant Acceptance

Because I got a bonus at work and was therefore too weak to resist (ie I'm now coming to the event... even though it means a ridiculously early start from home on the Saturday...)

The Promise

Unless the 'mystery' guest is someone I REALLY REALLY need a photo with, I have banned myself from buying any extras. Doing it on minimum budget is the only way I could make the deal with myself to actually go at all...

The Betrayal

Forgot to say - good guest!

Lol - love it!!

I can't make this event. I can only go to MK. Please get him their, he's not only my favourite companion, but my second favourite character.

Wait. Arthur was a companion in the CURRENT SERIES and he wasn't worth enough to be a mystery guest? So the mystery guest is BIGGER than a current companion? So that must mean it is either a Doctor or a full time companion.

Edited by Dan2593

• Moderators

Wait. Arthur was a companion in the CURRENT SERIES and he wasn't worth enough to be a mystery guest? So the mystery guest is BIGGER than a current companion? So that must mean it is either a Doctor or a full time companion.

We don't know when they signed him up. It could've been after this 'mystery guest' anyway.