posed photographs

nobbynobby40

Hi all/SM

Is the "no posed photographs" thing something that is imposed by the guest's agents, or by SM?

I realise that there are professional photshoots if you want something decent, but it is really starting to p**s me off that the guests seem to be happy to have a quick shot taken with us, but then suddenly realise that they are 'not supposed to'.

Let's hear a definitive ruling on this, please.

Myself and others are just starting to think that it's a money-making thing tied in to the photo shoots.

This has only started in the last few events. Before photo shoots were a big thing this was never an issue.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, SM

I doubt you will get a definitive reply to this question as there are a whole list of possible reasons why a guest will have no posed photos or even no photos signs, be it agents, photo shoots, headaches, jet lag, number of people with Virtual tickets etc.

However, maybe the question should be, why (and this is purely from my own experience) the number of guests with no posed picture signs seems to have definately increased compared with say 5 years ago, when these were much rarer.

Of course, for conventions as opposed to signing events, the rules are more straightforward, no photos at signing sessions.

So although it can be frustrating seeing those 'no posed' signs, it could be much worse.

Showmasters have confirmed this many many many many many times, in fact they usually confirm it two or three times after each event when this very query comes up.

and which point do they confirm??

However, maybe the question should be, why (and this is purely from my own experience) the number of guests with no posed picture signs seems to have definately increased compared with say 5 years ago, when these were much rarer.

absolutely

Showmasters have confirmed this many many many many many times, in fact they usually confirm it two or three times after each event when this very query comes up.

and which point do they confirm??

That Showmasters have no desire to stop over the table photos. They only impose a photo ban when the guest is busy and it looks like they may not get through everyone. All other photo bans are at the request of the guest and/or agent etc.

Give me an over the table posed photo' comapred to a photo op' ANY day because it is free you don't have to line up seperately the photo' is in your camera immediately you don't have to wait for hours to get it back and when you look at it it looks like the meeting of you and the celebrity was fun rather than you standing/sitting beside the him/her mostly looking serious.

• Showmasters Admin

we do not and never have imposed a no photo rule

if you think its down to us you are just very wrong as we want you the fans to get as much as you can out of your trip to our events , and as the pro photo ops are a very different to an image over the table there is no comptition between them both , soem people just want proof that there auto is real and want an image to show this , which we feel it fine , others want a image showing them really meeting the guest and thats what the pro photo ops dose , so we would perfer to have the guest take part in both , but as we do keep saying we do not have control over this , its down to the guests and agents involved .

so i hope that help you "nobby the collector" and you can see whe are on the fans side on this

jason