The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner (Contains SPOILERS)

InYourHonour

How awesome was this book? I felt sorry for Riley in Eclipse, but after this, I really don't. The new characters introduced were great, and it left an open space with one particularly awesome character surviving! What did you all think? Personally, I think it was brilliant, and I can't wait for The Twilight Guide (or whatever it's called these days), which'll be out around christmas (again, that's the current plan I believe).

Ok errrm don't kill me!

I didn't like it. The ideas there were good ideads i.e. the way they didn't know things like the sparkling. But what could of been an amazing book full of angst and action scenes felt dull. I went in expecting to read about blood thirsty scarey new born vampires... not idiots pretending to be spiderman.

The vampire battle had the potential to be epic... so what does Smeyer do? She leaves Bree in the woods while it all takes place (i want an eye roll smiley here) It's almost as big a cop out as breaking dawn in that sense.

Also with Fred... why was he never mentioned before... yeah i know its because he didnt exist before.. but with that being the case then why did Stephenie decide to make Bree think about him before she died almost telling Edward to find him. Edward would of mentioned it and Carlisle would of brought him in and done exactly what he would of done with Bree. Smeyer chosing to add this simply created an inconsistancy. The only reason i can see for him is for her to write a whole new story as far away from the Cullens as she can which actually annoys me, I know i probably sound spoilt and mean when i say this... but if a Fred book comes out before Midnight Sun then im not going to read it. It annoys me because i actually defended the idea of the Bree book before i read it because most people were annoyed about how small a character she is... The ideaa of a book fromma new born's point of veiw had the potential to be amazing and she had so much freedom to make stuff but she just didn't deliver in my opinion.

I also agree with what some news paper said in a review... that Bree is basically Bella all over again. Her personality is the same, they enjoy the same things... she is simply a 15 year old version of Bella... and considering Bella is basically Smeyer... it's just like shes gone and done it allll over again *sigh*

Again please don't kill me! lol It's just that I was honestly really disapointed =/ I know hundred of fanfic authors that could of written the book better to be honest. I wouldn't be suprised if someone has already started work on one lol... seeing as so many people did better versions of breaking dawn aswell lol

Overall I really enjoyed the Bree book, I liked hearing the story from a newborn's prespective but think Steph could of included delete of the battle itself aside from limbs over the place and Bree describing the Cullen's.

i thought it was okay 'ish' i know it was a short story but i felt it was a little rushed and i really wanted more from bree and diegos relationship, felt this was ended before it even began!!

all in all, i paid £5 for it so it didnt break the bank and it was an okay read

i am now hoping that there will be a book about alice and jaspers story when they left the cullens in BD and of course for midnight sun to be completed (if this EVER happens)

I really enjoyed it! I thought it was amazing and I enjoyed getting the newborns perspective. I felt really sorry for Bree, Diego and Fred by the end and I agreed with Stephenie that she wished she'd ended Eclipse slightly differently. I've also re-read the whole saga since reading Bree Tanner and it was good to read Eclipse with the knowledge from the novella. I reallyreallyreally hope she will finish Midnight Sun!

• 3 weeks later...