Latest Guest Announcement: WING COMMANDER ANDY GREEN

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Our next guest is ANDY GREEN.

Andy Green is the current holder of the World Land speed record, and the first person to break the sound barrier on land. On 25 September 1997 in ThrustSSC he beat the previous record in Black Rock Desert, USA, reaching a speed of 714.144 mph (1149.30 km/h). On October 15, 1997, exactly 50 years and 1 day after the sound barrier was broken in aerial flight by Chuck Yeager, Andy Green reached 763.035 mph (1227.99 km/h), the first supersonic record (Mach 1.016). His call sign was "Dead Dog".

Andy is now working with Richard Noble again on their new record attempt to break the 1,000 mph mark with Bloodhound SSC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Green

This is brilliant news. Thanks. Wanted to meet him for awhile now.

I've been to the Coventry Motor Museum a few times where the Thrust car is on display (brilliant place to visit for free and the world land record section is my favourite part). I spoke to one of the staff there and they said Andy and Richard Noble had both visited so I wondered if we'd ever get either of them as guests.

Definitely meeting him and would love to see Richard Noble added too at this show or a future one.

They've got a supporters club for their new venture called the 1K Club.

• 2 weeks later...

Our next guest is ANDY GREEN.

Andy Green is the current holder of the World Land speed record, and the first person to break the sound barrier on land. On 25 September 1997 in ThrustSSC he beat the previous record in Black Rock Desert, USA, reaching a speed of 714.144 mph (1149.30 km/h). On October 15, 1997, exactly 50 years and 1 day after the sound barrier was broken in aerial flight by Chuck Yeager, Andy Green reached 763.035 mph (1227.99 km/h), the first supersonic record (Mach 1.016). His call sign was "Dead Dog".

Andy is now working with Richard Noble again on their new record attempt to break the 1,000 mph mark with Bloodhound SSC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Green