9"x6" photo frames

Janeway72

9X6 is a stupid size the standard sizes are 4x6 7x5 8x10 so I got a scalpel and a ruler and now my photo' with Sir Patrick Stewart is a sensible 7x5 problem solved!

Why can't we have them done as 8x10? As all other signing events and con's I've been to do that, lot easier and cheaper to frame! :D

9X6 is a stupid size the standard sizes are 4x6 7x5 8x10 so I got a scalpel and a ruler and now my photo' with Sir Patrick Stewart is a sensible 7x5 problem solved!

Why can't we have them done as 8x10? As all other signing events and con's I've been to do that, lot easier and cheaper to frame! :YAHOO:

Hear, hear!

Most other events I know that do 8x10s do print them on site. That's usually doable because they have less photos to deal with. One event that prints on site now did 9x6 pictures too before they switched to printing on site by the way. :lol:

SM/ME get the photos developed off site.

That needs to be done in rush service to ensure at least most prints get back on time. Developing 8x10s takes longer and is also going to be significantly more expensive if the UK pricing is anything like the pricing here.

The discussion about printing on site or getting the pictures developed does come up quite often, and no one ever found a real solution to it. It's all down to personal taste in the end. I don't really like the print outs because of possible quality issues and am quite happy with a smaller photo which doesn't come from a color printer.

• Showmasters Admin

Most other events I know that do 8x10s do print them on site. That's usually doable because they have less photos to deal with. One event that prints on site now did 9x6 pictures too before they switched to printing on site by the way. :P

That needs to be done in rush service to ensure at least most prints get back on time. Developing 8x10s takes longer and is also going to be significantly more expensive if the UK pricing is anything like the pricing here.

The discussion about printing on site or getting the pictures developed does come up quite often, and no one ever found a real solution to it. It's all down to personal taste in the end. I don't really like the print outs because of possible quality issues and am quite happy with a smaller photo which doesn't come from a color printer.

i could not have said this better my self thanks Queeny , one last thing printing on site is more like printing of a printer you have in your home and over the year we worry that they may just fade away only time will tell on this but i do worry about this alot , so we feel sticking to proper photagrafic prosses is the best way to go on

jason

Most other events I know that do 8x10s do print them on site. That's usually doable because they have less photos to deal with. One event that prints on site now did 9x6 pictures too before they switched to printing on site by the way. :P

i could not have said this better my self thanks Queeny , one last thing printing on site is more like printing of a printer you have in your home and over the year we worry that they may just fade away only time will tell on this but i do worry about this alot , so we feel sticking to proper photagrafic prosses is the best way to go on

jason

They do fade!

I have two photos side by side on a window ledge at home, one was from another event and was printed while I waited and one was at a SM event printed at a photo lab. Both were taken around about the same time and both have been out on display about the same amount of time. The SM one still looks as good as the day I got it but the other one has faded very noticeably.