Apollo 13 Guests

Hannerzzz09

I think I speak on behalf of all space fans when I say that if you guys could get Gene Kranz & Jim Lovell to attend on top of the already-announced Glynn Lunney,then that will keep us more than satisfied.

Those two would be IDEAL guests for September's show in my opinion,& I for one would be honoured to meet them both.

(And I'm sure film buffs would love to meet the actual guys that Ed Harris & Tom Hanks played in the Apollo 13 movie..)

:D

I agree.

Please,don`t forget EECOM Sy Liebergot,it would be great to meet him.And crew member Ken Mattingly and backup crew member Charlie Duke (became ill with German measles and Ken Mattingly was cancelled for the flight because he had not the immunity to this disease),would be great to meet as well.

Best

Helmut

I agree Jim would be great, but I recall I thought personally his fee was a bit steep last time....was it £75 or might even have been £90?

I've never met Jim myself,but I do know his fee was £95 last time.

Assuming that stays as it is,I'd probably get a couple of autographs from him.

When you consider Dave Scott charged the same last September,& Jim is probably more well-known,I am quite willing to pay for his signature.. :wub:

When you consider Dave Scott charged the same last September,& Jim is probably more well-known,I am quite willing to pay for his signature.. :thumbup:

Hmmmm.... I've met Capt Lovell four times and Col Scott three times: Lovell is a really nice guy, but, to be honest, he hasn't actually walked on the Moon, has he?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to point up my suggestion to invite flight controller Sy Liebergot.It would be great,to have him as a guest at Autographica.And with Sy,I suggest to invite astronaut Jack Lousma as well.Jack was CapCom at Apollo 13 and both were on duty,as Jim Lovell signaled:"Houston,we have a problem".Sy and Jack are surely guarantors for a interesting lecture about this dramatic moment of Apollo 13.

Best

Helmut

• 2 weeks later...

I think I speak on behalf of all space fans when I say that if you guys could get Gene Kranz & Jim Lovell to attend on top of the already-announced Glynn Lunney,then that will keep us more than satisfied.

Those two would be IDEAL guests for September's show in my opinion,& I for one would be honoured to meet them both.

(And I'm sure film buffs would love to meet the actual guys that Ed Harris & Tom Hanks played in the Apollo 13 movie..)

:D

*edited*

Sorry but it is against forum rules to sell anything on here.

Edited by DavidB

• 4 weeks later...

Why "hmm", dufresne?

David has replied to you in the other topic with the only info he had, I can't tell more either. Okay, I can tell you I did not delete anything in there either. But that's pretty much it I'm afraid.

If we delete or edit we leave notes, just for that reason to avoid people wondering where posts went.

Unfortunately we don't have access to a log of all user actions, if there should be one for this forum software.

So the mods can't tell who deleted whatever went.

But as there was no note it was very likely Showmasters who deleted it. Have you tried asking them?

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Moderators

Just cleaned this topic up a little bit, in case anyone wonders where some posts went :angel:

Hmmmmmmm:YAHOO:

I assume you're saying "well, you said you don't delete things here .." ?

If so - something of yours was deleted with no statement anywhere of why.

In this topic, a sales post was made and people quoted it, so I removed the quoting posts and left a note regarding the original one. Those who posted replies to it would know why it was removed.

So if you believe it's the same situation, it's not :drunk:

And as QS said, we still don't know what was said nor why what you said was removed.