Thank you and more

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

i just wanted to say thank you all for attending the event .

without all you the fans this event would not be posable you made this event happen and on sat there were so many of you :D we have never had so many people at once it was really amazing .

we know the event was a little cold and we thank you all for putting up with that , the next event now will not be till next May and the new hall WILL be open by then and we can all have our fun indoors , so i just wanted to say thank you for hanging in with us to we get the chance to keep running this event , as when we were told to leave the Center MK we really did not have any were to go as the show had grown to such a size it had no home , but the stadium was there but not finished , we ran the last two event with the building not finished and as we had no choice , from now on we will have a great new hall and it will become one of the best venues in the UK for run the biggest fan event in the UK , so thanks for supporting us with the move and keeping the show alive we all thank you so much .

next year we will have more guests a new hall and we will still have free buses and free entry and more dealers and we also plan to have some new activatys and some new things for people to do

so the future is very good for CMMK

once again thank you all so much for being behind us and keeping the event alive it was you all that helped us when we needed it THANK YOU

jason and everyone at Showmasters :wub:

Thank you, your crew and the guests once again for a great show - I must try and say thanks in person sometime jason!

Just want to clarify, Oct is still going to happen as you mentioned May was the next one at MK?

(EDIT: Timelord81r and DavidB - you both beat me to it!)

Edited by keithporter23

I know it says that, but it might mean cm17 is being moved to another venue? might mean like you say its canceled which would be a massive shame.

We'll get an official confirmation if there'll be a fall show at another venue. Until then everything is speculation. :wub:

All we know for sure right now is that there will not be a show in MK in October 2010.

on sat there were so many of you :o we have never had so many people at once it was really amazing.
You only have yourselves to blame - this is what happens when you invite all of these amazing guests :P

Awesome event - thank you! :lol:

No October?

Gosh, CM16 was my first event and one of the best weekends of my life. I was REALLY looking forward to CM17. Now a year?!

:(

Come down to London Film and Comic Con in about 5 - 6 weeks.

Not going to work funds wise.

I guess this lets me build up more money now. More guests.

Personally i'm quite glad there won't be another event until next year when they're sure the new hall will be open. I'd much rather they wait and hold it in a good venue than settle for the likes of the stadium again. And to be honest, with the amount of events, and LFCC and Collectormania London going to be big ones, I could use the money saved from not going to Milton Keynes.

Good move in my opinion

oh thats ashame was really looking forward to this event agian didnt care if it was going to be like c16 I would still go who cares if it was windy and cold god damn babys who think that, it was still a good day out. Does this mean we be getting more eguests at Collectormania London than usual to make up for not having this event.

Thanks again for a brilliant show on Sat Jason. And Sir Patrick went from CM16 to Buckingham Palace to be knighted today. You really do bring us the best and most special guests.

Must admit it's a shame that MK in Oct isn't happening. But I can understand it from SMs point of view, not wanting to be let down again with a delay to the new hall, especially for a show at that time of year. Personally I'd put up with most things to meet such great guests but I can see why the decision has been made.

Just a thought but maybe bringing back CM Midlands would be a way to fill the gap. I think I remember one of the reasons the Ricoh Arena in Coventry was dropped was because of how far it was from the train station, so maybe a different venue could be found. Living in the Midlands I've been to most venues here and the Nottingham Arena would be a good choice. 4 car parks a few mins walk away, train and bus station 10 mins walk, good priced hotels very close, lots of shopping and tourist places for people staying over.

Or theres Coventry Skydome Arena, more in Coventry city centre than the Ricoh, and it has eating places and an Odeon cinema as part of the building.

I'll be going to Earls Court, Autographica and Olympia anyway, but it would be good to have one more non-London signing show in England this year if you choose to do a show in place of MK.

Edited by spocks-brain

• Showmasters Admin

Again, is there any reason my posts seem to keep disappearing?! Especially as my last one even defended an SM decision?!

It could be as simple as "because you were answering an overly negative post" the whole thread of conversation was removed which unfortunatly included your post, because leaving your post left the conversation open. I have no idea if that is the case I'm just giving a reason why your post may have been removed although it was defending SM.

Just thought it seemed a bit strange that my post saying to someone that he shouldn't insult people by calling them 'god damn babies' was removed and the post by the person calling people 'god damn babies' was left as this is far more insulting than anything I had in my post

:D Real shame that C17 in Milton Keynes has been put back until May of next year. Was looking forward to another great show in October.

Once it does come back, it will be in a great new arena, in a great stadium.

Long Live Collectormania Milton Keynes!! :P

It does indeed make things a little cheaper for that part of the year in general. I'm planning on going to Warp 10 and CM London, so at least now I'll have more money for those.

My review of CM 16, humble as it is. Just in case anyone's interested.

Good review.

And can I add my name to the list requesting the October MK Collectormania be replaced with another location, even if its a smaller event???

Any where between MK and Glasgow and I will be there.

It does indeed make things a little cheaper for that part of the year in general. I'm planning on going to Warp 10 and CM London, so at least now I'll have more money for those.

My review of CM 16, humble as it is. Just in case anyone's interested.

Good review.

And can I add my name to the list requesting the October MK Collectormania be replaced with another location, even if its a smaller event???

Any where between MK and Glasgow and I will be there.

add my name to that list also

Edited by timelord81r