Your Patrick Stewart 'Experience'

Dent_1

I've seen some posts in the Guest Experiences bit, but it takes some wading through(!) so thought I'd make a thread for Patrick Stewart.

I had attempted to see Patrick at the LFCC back in '07 but after problem after problem with the trains, a two hour journey turned into a 6 hour one, meaning I arrived about half an hour after he had left (he was only doing a couple of hours as I recall). I was gutted to say the least. People had also mentioned that whilst he was a polite, pretty much all he said was 'you're welcome' (after being thanks), so expected a conveyer belt-esque experience this time as well.

Adamant I would not miss him at this show I queued up at about 7:15 on Saturday and got VT no.44 so say him within about 30 mins of him coming down at 10am. Before I had my stuff signed I could hear and see that he was being very pleasant and jovial with everyone, full of beans if you will, so a good start.

I wanted to an 8x10 signed and my First Contact film poster. This is how it went:

Patrick: Hello.

Me: Hello. How are you?

Patrick: I'm fine thankyou.

Me: Thankyou for coming.

Patrick: I'm very glad to be here.

(I unroll poster)

Patrick: Where would you like me to sign?

Patrick: Anywhere you please. Actually... how about under the Enterprise?

(He signs where I ask. He then looks over the other signatures I have so far i.e. Brent Spiner & Marina Sirtis and smiles at them.)

Me: It was a pleasure to meet you.

Patrick: Thankyou.

(Patrick looks at poster again)

Patrick: Good luck!

I was surprised at so much interaction and maybe it helped that I was one of the first in, but for such a big star, with massive queues and who was in a rush, he had no ego on show and really put the effort in with everyone I saw. He was a thoroughly enjoyable guest and well worth travelling to see.

The only minor criticism was my 8x10 reached Patrick Stewart before I did, and as such I had no opportunity request the kind of pen I wanted him to sign in (i.e. silver or gold) and he just signed in the black pen he was already holding before I had chance to say anything. Frankly, on the image the black sig did not look great and I hate black signatures anyway. The thought of paying to have another go didn't seem too appealing so I spoke to a member of the crew and explained what had happend and she offered to swap it over and have him do another. She wisked the fresh photo off and interruped the queue momentarily and whisked it back in under 60 seconds. That's service! If you are reading this, thankyou Simone you helped make the event an event more enjoyable one. ;)

I also had a photo shoot done and whilst he was static (I'm sure to keep things running quickly) he was again polite and greeted everyone. I tried to shake his hand (not knowing this was a faux par) and he was stumbling to say he couldn't in a way that wouldn't offend, before Malcolm interfected and said it was his (Malcolm's) rule. I just said to "ok don't worry about it" to Patrick and he smiled and continued on.

As with the autographs, he but in effort with everyone and looked much more cheery/smiley than in previous photoshoot pictures I have seen.

Big thanks to Showmasters for getting back such a great guest - I've been waiting 3 years and was not dissappointed!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that he was an excellent guest - was very pleasantly surprised by the interation from him and general good feeling. You just never know with the really busy guests how much you will get back, but he was an absolute pleasure to meet.

I took a pencil protrait I have drawn of Picard for him to sign, and he said it was very nice and then asked me if drawing was a job or a hobby. At this point I was kind of flattered that he thought it was good enough to ask that! I think I may have got slightly longer because they were sorting his morning coffee out when I was stood in front of him, which I wasn't really too upset about! He did say 'excuse me' as he sorted it out, but I didn't mind at all. :D

I got there about 7am and got ticket no. 18 so was in the first batch to go through - I am extremely glad I made the effort to go and see him, he really was a great guests. Thanks SM for getting Patrick - and I wouldn't be too upset to meet him again in the future! ;)

"Can you sign this picture from Christmas Carol?"

"Oh yes, where?"

"Anywhere. Beautiful film."

"It is"

"Watch it every Christmas"

"Really? That's wonderful!"

"It's a wonderful film!"

"It was a wonderful experience"

"Thankyou"

Felt down heartened about the whole experience - I said hello and thank you and he didn't look up once, just signed my 2 items and before I had even left the table, was signing for the person behind me. Not impressed.

That's a shame because it seems totally at odds with everyone else's experiences of him. I haven't read many negative comments at all, so it's a shame that you felt that you didn't get the experience you would have liked. When did you see him?

Felt down heartened about the whole experience - I said hello and thank you and he didn't look up once, just signed my 2 items and before I had even left the table, was signing for the person behind me. Not impressed.

That's a shame because it seems totally at odds with everyone else's experiences of him. I haven't read many negative comments at all, so it's a shame that you felt that you didn't get the experience you would have liked. When did you see him?

Met him on Saturday morning.

Met him when my friend went up on Saturday afternoon and he seemed very friendly. Of course he was not chatty (and nobody expects that) but he had a pleasant hello, thank you, a few other things (can't remember what), and a nice goodbye, a smile, and eye contact. Seems a pleasant man.

I saw him at about 11am on Sunday morning when he had an open queue - there was hardly anyone behind me, so I went up and he signed my photo, but was talking to the crew member next to him - so I waited until he'd finished so I could talk to him. I told him I saw him in Hamlet last year, and that I thought he was phenominal. He looked really pleased and asked me what I had thought of the play - I told him I thought it was fantastic, a great production, and Hamlet's my favourite Shakespeare. He looked even more pleased and I picked up my photo to move on, and he thanked me for coming, so I thanked him for coming too.

basically...I love him and the meeting was so much more than I could have hoped for. My mum got a nice chat with him too as they were both in Little Lord Fauntleroy so chatted about being in a film with Alec Guiness.

In the photoshoot he asked me how I was, and I said good thanks, but obviously that's all you have time for haha.

Edited by lizzy88

Met him around 2:30ish saturday knew it would a quick one. But pleased him looked up said hello,signed i said thank you he looked up and said you're welcome and goodbye. Pleased with that under the circumstances of how busy he was.

My experience: I had two items to be signed and knew that the 1st one ( a play he's done in London a few years ago) might make him react. He did seeing the poster and I was hoping to talk to him about it as it was one of the first plays I saw. He ended talking with the crew member attached to him the whole time about his co-star from the play! Very nice conversation but not with me. I felt dispointed as I could have talked to him while he was signing. He did look at me and said hello after signing but was too late to talk.

i meet him on the sat i was there first to meet him at the table i had my little boy in a star trek uniform and as i put him on the table he took him and gave him a cuddle i asked if he would mind if i took a pic he said i could witch was so nice of him the staff at sm didnt seem to like it thow but hay ho what a pic that was the most time i got to talk to him in meeting him twice be4

I took an annual for Mr Stewart to sign,he actually opened the book and had a quick flick through saying 'oh I have not seen this one before'.

He greeted me with a cheery 'Hello,madam'.

Very nice man.

See my two videos on you tube soon,one of him walking past when he first arrived,and one of the actual signing, (although there were signs up saying no videos or posed photos my husband set the camera on record and just left it hanging round his neck,ha,it worked a treat.)

That....

i asked if he would mind if i took a pic he said i could witch was so nice of him the staff at sm didnt seem to like it thow but hay ho what a pic

and that....

See my two videos on you tube soon,one of him walking past when he first arrived,and one of the actual signing, (although there were signs up saying no videos or posed photos my husband set the camera on record and just left it hanging round his neck,ha,it worked a treat.)
is extremely disrespectful to the guest. Not to mention annoying.

Things like no photos/videoing are usually at the guests request. If they are ignored then there is a risk that the guest may not return in the future. I would suggest that the videos are not uploaded to youtube.

Ignoring these requests and then boasting about it is....I have no words :huh:

Edited by 1of2

I got a photo of him in 'Waiting for Godot', a production I saw in Malvern. We quickly exchanged lines from the play.

"Let's go."

"We can't."

"Why not?"

"We're waiting for Godot."

Haha, I remember that, I was standing behind you watching and listening as it happened!

it was pretty much hi how are you (me) fine if a little cold, (patrick) last weekend was so lovely too, so its a shame its miserable (me) yes it is (patrick), sorry (as my mobile went off) that must be at least 20 times someone has text "make it so", he looked at me with a big smile, very orginal he said. i said thanks and bye he said enjoy the rest of the day-so no complaints

That....

i asked if he would mind if i took a pic he said i could witch was so nice of him the staff at sm didnt seem to like it thow but hay ho what a pic

and that....

Things like no photos/videoing are usually at the guests request. If they are ignored then there is a risk that the guest may not return in the future. I would suggest that the videos are not uploaded to youtube.

Look at my face,bovvered? @ what you think.

That....

and that....

Look at my face,bovvered? @ what you think.

The trouble is, it's attitudes like this that put these events at jeapordy for the fans who do abide by the rules. There are any number of reasons why you can't take photos/videos of some guests. Imagine if someone related in some way to Patrick Stewart saw your video online and reported it back to him. If that request was made by him he may well decide not to bother coming again, and he could tell other celebs about it too and that could put them off. Please think of that before posting your video.

I thought Patrick was in very good form! He said quite a bit to me which was lovely.

Me: Hello

PS: Hello there.

Me: I loved you in Cantoville Ghost!

PS: Thank you very much, it was a great movie to shoot.

Me: It's one of my faves.

PS: Did you know that it was actually Neve Campbells first ever movie?

Me: No.

PS: I believe she was only 17 at the time!