Entry queues on Sunday

Avengers7

Can I just say that we queued for an hour outside the MK stadium this morning like many others and as soon as the doors opened, a crowd of people who had been walking up from the bus stop walked straight in before us!!!

We were not amused.

Event was great though.

If something like that happens, please get hold of a crew member and let them know. They will deal with the queue jumpers. It seemed to work okay on Saturday, someone posted on here even Jason was around and sent someone to the back of the line.

Unfortunately Sundays opening/queing was terrible. I queued for 45 mins in the Linda Hamilton line and at 10:00 the doors opened on number 3 gate and people walking past just jumped in, it was a free for all kind of situation,.......unreal!

Then to add insult to injury I get to the Linda tent only to find number 4 gate was opened the same time as number 3 and loads more people had jumped in front because 4 gate was closer????? The walk from gate 3 to the VT new que by Linda's tent was a joke with no one staying in line and others just barging in.........this was NOT a good idea SM for those of us who had got there early and respectfully queued.

When I went to collect a VT the crew member said that the 4 gate wasn't supposed to open at the same time.........it was a complete shambles and a waste of time queing up. Surely a better idea would have been to hand out the VT for Linda to people as they passed through the 3 gate, therefore ensuring you didn't have to que twice (which I and others did, and lost our spaces to que jumpers)?

Unfortunately Sundays opening/queing was terrible. I queued for 45 mins in the Linda Hamilton line and at 10:00 the doors opened on number 3 gate and people walking past just jumped in, it was a free for all kind of situation,.......unreal!

Then to add insult to injury I get to the Linda tent only to find number 4 gate was opened the same time as number 3 and loads more people had jumped in front because 4 gate was closer????? The walk from gate 3 to the VT new que by Linda's tent was a joke with no one staying in line and others just barging in.........this was NOT a good idea SM for those of us who had got there early and respectfully queued.

When I went to collect a VT the crew member said that the 4 gate wasn't supposed to open at the same time.........it was a complete shambles and a waste of time queing up. Surely a better idea would have been to hand out the VT for Linda to people as they passed through the 3 gate, therefore ensuring you didn't have to que twice (which I and others did, and lost our spaces to que jumpers)?

Totally agree with you as I stated when I started this thread. Several people had just got off the bus and walked straight past the queues into the stadium.

This could have been avoided by having people queue at both sides of the entrances(which would have made the queue go in 2 times faster than it did. Probably the reason people just walked in from the bus was because everyone queueing was going in 1 or 2 of the 5 doors and the other doors were free for anyone to walk through as no one was checking!

I'll also agree the queueing was a bit of a shambles. The Linda Hamilton queue that I was in on the Saturday went in before the main queue(which I didn't mind of course, but it wouldn't be fair on people in the main queue) and people tended to just go in the Linda Hamilton entrance because it was going in first. Once I went in I went to the left to look for Linda Hamilton, didn't see where she was, went right round and eventually found her(with her sign on visible from the opposite side of where the queue went in, I think someone else mentioned this elsewhere) By this point had quite a high ticket number

Edited by JacknDaniel

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks to everyone that has brought this up. I'll be the first to put my hands up and say it didn't work. It should have worked on Sunday as we DID let the regular gate in AFTER gate 3. But it still seems some people got in and pushed in.

I agree the giving out of VT at the gate seems like a good option and I will discuss this with the office.

MK is the only event where this is an issue because at the London events everyone it just in one queue (based on ticket type).

But I do agree it does need sorting. I will look into it, you are being heard.

If something like that happens, please get hold of a crew member and let them know. They will deal with the queue jumpers. It seemed to work okay on Saturday, someone posted on here even Jason was around and sent someone to the back of the line.

Actually I was told, by several people, it was complete chaos on Saturday with the Linda/Patrick queues merging and people from the back of the shorter Linda queue getting Patrick tickets before people near the front of Patrick's queue.

Didn't complain though because I wans't actually there in the morning :)

Edited by Psychosis

Actually I was told, by several people, it was complete chaos on Saturday with the Linda/Patrick queues merging and people from the back of the shorter Linda queue getting Patrick tickets before people near the front of Patrick's queue.

Didn't complain though because I wans't actually there in the morning :)

That's the first thing I hear. Everyone on here said that Saturday worked a lot better than Sunday.

I am really not sure what the problem is.

Did I or anybody else say it worked perfectly?

I said it worked "okay". Okay in this definition means "I did not see any complaints about queue jumpers like this one here for Saturday."

Phrased better now? :D

There's always room for improvement. Especially when queue jumpers are involved, some people will always deliberately ignore the concept of queueing.

But like TooTall said, this will be discussed, so fingers crossed this issue won't be returning for C17 anyway.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

For an event that is well planned and organised, it does seem odd that a simple thing like handing out VTs at the specific assigned guest gate i.e. 3 is not been done. People wanting to see that guest have been queing up outside the gate, (as you would if you were inside, if you know what i mean) only to be let in with everyone else and then have to quick walk to the signing area to queue again for the VTs, where people form the other gates could join. Next time give out VTs at the gate, for the main queue and then move back to the desk, it makes more sense.

I am really not sure what the problem is.

Did I or anybody else say it worked perfectly?

LOL! Until you posted that, I didn't think there was a problem. I thought it was just a friendly chat on a message board.

To me it seemed we were having a problem because you seemed to completely misunderstand my post for some reason I quite couldn't grasp - this is why I asked.

I'm glad we have none and it is just my allergy medication playing tricks on me. :D

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I understood that you were saying Saturday was better than Sunday and agreed, but made the point that Saturday was still messy (from what I've been told).

Hope you feel better - Hayfever was KILLING me when I was in MK!

I've got an idea about these kinds of single guest Q's.

Why not hand out the virtual tickets at the door\gate, last week would have taken two people.

Once the Q has gone, they could then have moved to the guest areas and continued from there.

This would also mean that there would be two people watching out for Q jumpers.

I understood that you were saying Saturday was better than Sunday and agreed, but made the point that Saturday was still messy (from what I've been told).

Hope you feel better - Hayfever was KILLING me when I was in MK!

My brain stopped working when you mentioned something perfect... Maybe I finally successfully have sneezed it out. :(

It will be a while before I feel better, I'm suffering through the whole season. Usually I get a little relief when I am in the UK, but if you're off that bad too looks like that's not going to happen this time. ;)

I've got an idea about these kinds of single guest Q's.

Why not hand out the virtual tickets at the door\gate, last week would have taken two people.

That's what will be discussed with the office according to TooTall's post on the first page.

That's what will be discussed with the office according to TooTall's post on the first page.

It might be worth considering having a crew member walk down the queue outside handing out tickets - ie, the queue itself remains static. This way, any attempts to cheat the system will be very obvious, as no one except for the crew member should be moving. Queue-jumpers wouldn't be able to use the excuse of claiming that they'd just arrived and didn't know what was meant to be happening, etc. And no one would be able to overtake anyone else.