RIP GARY COLEMAN

Kyle Beech

Former Diff'rent Strokes star Gary Coleman has died, aged 42, after suffering a brain haemorrhage.

Mr Coleman was hospitalized on Wednesday following a fall at his home in the US state of Utah.

A Utah Valley Regional Medical Center spokeswoman said Coleman died at 1205MDT (1805 GMT).

Coleman played Arnold Jackson in Diff'rent Strokes from 1978 to 1986, famously coining the catchphrase "What you talking 'bout, Willis?"

The actor had a series of financial and legal problems in recent years.

The hospital said he suffered the haemorrhage at his home in Utah and been brought in "conscious and lucid".

His manager, John Alcantar, said that contrary to some reports he had not undergone any surgery in recent days.

He added: "At times, it may not have been apparent, but he always has had fond memories of being an entertainer and appreciates his fans for all their support over the years."

The former child star suffered kidney disease in early age and has had two failed kidney transplants.

• Showmasters Admin

very sad news indeed

we really wanted to get him to one of our events but sadly he was never well to travel so sadly we never got the chance .

John Alcantar is the Main Man on here as our friend and was a good friend of Gary , so i know he will be very upset about this , our thoughts go out to him to at this time

GARY COLEMAN a little guy but a very big loss hi will be missed

Jason

RIP Gary. Very sad to hear of his passing last week.

Diff'rent Strokes was a fave show of mine, along with Happy Days, as I was growing up in the 70s and 80s. So sad what has happened to D.S. cast members.

I really enjoyed meeting Todd Bridges at MK and I was sad that Gary couldn't come as planned, but understood the reasons why of course.

Would have loved to have met him, and for him to see that he still had lots of UK fans. I think he would have enjoyed the MK show.

Condolences to John Alcantar for this sad loss, and to all those who knew Gary personally.