Share Guest Experiences

Dan2593

All the Liverpool guests were great today, especially Ian Callaghan. He always comes over very well on television but it was nice to see that he is just the same in real life as well. Ron Yeats was great entertainment value as well. He had rather a good foul mouthed story to tell about receiving the FA Cup from the Queen in 1965!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Joe Flanigan on Saturday and he was lovely; chatting about whether or not the new Atlantis film would be made (he thinks not) and about how much he enjoyed shooting the Vegas episode.

Met him today, and the person in front was asking the same question. Pity if it doesn't happen though I suppose they did wrap most things up well enough.

He was nice and chatty but was so laid back I thought he'd been at the bottle of whisky which someone had given him :D

I met Joe Flanigan on Saturday and he was lovely; chatting about whether or not the new Atlantis film would be made (he thinks not) and about how much he enjoyed shooting the Vegas episode.

Met him today, and the person in front was asking the same question. Pity if it doesn't happen though I suppose they did wrap most things up well enough.

He was nice and chatty but was so laid back I thought he'd been at the bottle of whisky which someone had given him :D

Oh I agree! I met him on Saturday he was such a pleasure to talk to because of this :D

The person in-front of me asked about the whisky, may have been you.

He was great, he is doubtful of the SGA movies, made himself laugh by saying "Unless they're not using me" before finally saying he doubts SGU will cross with SGA. But lovely guy. Really nice.

2 experiences stood out for me...

Joe Flanigan was on absolute top form - loved him! Chatty and friendly whenever I saw him - a real fav! Thanks SM!

Chris Barrie on the other hand was the complete opposite for me...found him really standoffish...really disappointed.

All the Liverpool guests were great today, especially Ian Callaghan. He always comes over very well on television but it was nice to see that he is just the same in real life as well. Ron Yeats was great entertainment value as well. He had rather a good foul mouthed story to tell about receiving the FA Cup from the Queen in 1965!

Somehow I've never met those 2, keep missing them at events when I'm there on different days. Would like to see them back or maybe at Autographica. The sports guests on Sat were great too and all seemed to enjoy it. A good variety of sports legends at this event and good pricing too.

He was nice and chatty but was so laid back I thought he'd been at the bottle of whisky which someone had given him :P

The person in-front of me asked about the whisky, may have been you.

I think it might have been someone just in front of me.

He was great, he is doubtful of the SGA movies, made himself laugh by saying "Unless they're not using me" before finally saying he doubts SGU will cross with SGA. But lovely guy. Really nice.

I heard that comment and the SGU/SGA crossover, so you must have been just in front of me. I think it was that conversation, then someone from the organisers got in to get some scripts signed and then it was me.

I was going to ask the same thing about SGU/SGA so had to quickly think of something else. So thanks for that :D

Have to say all the SG people I've met have been great. Must be something about working on that show.

That was my mate who gave him the whiskey, she has done it about 3 times now. She only goes to con's where he is as he's the only guest she want's to meet! :D

Trying to get him drunk so she can drag him away?? It's certainly different and he seemed to appreciate it.

Could have used a drop myself to take a bit of the chill off :P

Edited by sugar_mouse

I saw Joe Flanigan and he was amazing as ever. I was lucky enough to spent a while (almost 20mins!) chatting with him. What a great guy! Charismatic and charming and so much fun :D

That was my mate who gave him the whiskey, she has done it about 3 times now. She only goes to con's where he is as he's the only guest she want's to meet! :D

I noticed the whiskey box when I saw Joe today. He said its the best kind of present to get! although the box seemed to be empty. Wonder if he'd started on the whiskey already! :D

I met Linda Hamilton, Nicky Clyne, Georgia Moffett, Myanna Buring and Kate Mulgrew (was more I wanted to meet but I missed them so will hopefully meet the others at a future event!) anyhow heres my experiences of meeting who I met...

Linda Hamilton was a great guest to meet, very polite and interested in what questions you had for her she also said to me that she really enjoys meeting her fans at events like collectormania :) great at the photoshoot too

Nicky Clyne was also very nice guest to meet, she didnt say that much when I met her but still it was nice to meet her

next person I met was Georgia Moffett, great guest she seems very genuine and happy to listen to what her fans think of her work and I had a nice talk with her about her time on dr who and whether she thought her character would reappear on dr who or not and about spooks code 9. Georgia actually made my day by being happy when I told her I ran a Georgia fansite and a fanlisting for her and then she took the url of the fansite and promising that she would visit the fansite before she signed a few pictures for me only thing I would say about the pics Georgia had avaliable for signing - she only had 3 different pics and I would have liked more choice! like linda she was great at the photoshoot :)

next person on my list was Myanna Buring, a really nice guest, one of the best I have met, who also seemed very genuine and very happy to be at Collectormania and to be meeting her fans. had a nice chat to Myanna about her time on DR Who and the descent and she hapilly allowed a photo too after she had signed an auto for me, too bad I missed her photo shoot this time - get her back soon please Showmasters! same comment about the pics avaliable for Myanna she only had 4 pictures avaliable and not from all of her projects so again would have liked more choice (was gonna take my descent dvd to be signed alongside a pic but I forgot it so just got a pic signed) (not a critism showmasters just an observation! and a suggestion to have more pictures avaliable if thats possible)

Kate Mulgrew - my experience with her was brief as it was about 4pm when i met her and she was leaving at 4.30 and she was polite and interested though she looked tired but she did allow a photo which I really wasant expecting! so yeah a good experience meeting Kate :)

Edited by -Craig-

I met 3 guests on Friday, Kate Mulgrew, Tim Russ, and Jeffrey Combs. I was rather disappointed with Kate though, she wasn't very talkative and didn't seem that interested, and I expected the opposite (she did seem better on the Saturday then, when I saw her whilst waiting for Robert Duncan McNeill).

Saturday was a lot better. Firstly I met JG Hertzler and Robert O'Reilly at the same time, and they were great. I later ran into JG after the event and he remembered me from earlier on. Secondly I met Robert Duncan McNeill after waiting for ages while he was on one of his breaks. He was worth the wait though, certainly the friendliest and most talkative out of the Voyager guests. Sir Patrick Stewart was next, I had a brief but pleasant experience meeting him. Finally I met Chris Barrie who was nice, welcoming and talkative, something I've found all Red Dwarf guests to be.

Sunday at CM was brief for me, I only went to meet Norman Lovett, also a pleasure to meet. When I pointed out that my Red Dwarf picture didn't have his face on it (it has all other main cast), he drew an unhappy face and signed below that :P

Had such a good time maybe the best one yet.

Met Colin Baker who asked me what i was doing at uni, told him script writing and film studies. He said good on you and that his daughter is doing the same at warwick.

Georgia Moffett was really friendly i was in awe of her beauty. Had a photo shoot with her and she didn't mind me putting my arm round her.

Patrick Stewart asked me how i was, he said he was good. Had a photo shoot with him.

MyAnna Buring was really chatty, i loved her so much. She wrote big hugs in my book.

Tommy Knight was telling me he's had a little bit of time off from sarah jane adventuers to do exams. He said he's met Matt Smith but hasn't worked with him yet.

Met Robert Llwellyn for the 2nd time spoke to him about carpool got him to sign a red dwarf group pic ready for the others to sign.

Chris Barrie i spoke to about Tomb Raider he said it was a good experience being on a big hollywood film.

Danny John Jules i spoke a bit about twitter he said he'd been posting alot that morning as he hardly slept. He was at the excel on sat night and got in at like 7.

Joseph Long asked me if i wanted a Pink Wafter.

Linda Hamilton was really friendly and in the photo shoot gave me a hug and pulled me in to kiss her.

Joe Flanigan had an ipad with him and asked me if i liked the music he was playing which was Rage against the machines he was going to see them at there free concert. Said his friend is the bass player.

Peter Mayhew seemed happy enough although didn't say much.

Elaenor Tomlinson i spoke to about Tim Burton she said he's amazing.

Then finally today met Tom Baker who i saw talking to my Grandma and Grandad whilset i gone to get his VT he was wondering where he had to go. When i got his auto he was asking who the others were that had signed my book. Said he wouldn't know them.

Dean Andrews was the last guest to meet he was really happy to be there said people have come along way. So was happy to chat. Asked me what i thought of the final episode.

Also this morning saw a couple of the guests at the same hotel i stayed at.

Edited by chrisrus

I met Linda Hamilton, Nicky Clyne, Georgia Moffett, Myanna Buring and Kate Mulgrew (was more I wanted to meet but I missed them so will hopefully meet the others at a future event!) anyhow heres my experiences of meeting who I met...

Linda Hamilton was a great guest to meet, very polite and interested in what questions you had for her she also said to me that she really enjoys meeting her fans at events like collectormania :) great at the photoshoot too

Nicky Clyne was also very nice guest to meet, she didnt say that much when I met her but still it was nice to meet her

next person I met was Georgia Moffett, great guest she seems very genuine and happy to listen to what her fans think of her work and I had a nice talk with her about her time on dr who and whether she thought her character would reappear on dr who or not, Georgia actually made my day by being happy when I told her I ran a Georgia fansite and a fanlisting for her and then she took the url of the fansite and promising that she would visit the fansite before she signed a few pictures for me only thing I would say about the pics Georgia had avaliable for signing - she only had 3 different pics and I would have liked more choice! like linda she was great at the photoshoot :)

next person on my list was Myanna Buring, a really nice guest, one of the best I have met, who also seemed very genuine and very happy to be at Collectormania and to be meeting her fans. had a nice chat to Myanna about her time on DR Who and the descent and she hapilly allowed a photo too after she had signed an auto for me, too bad I missed her photo shoot this time - get her back soon please Showmasters! same comment about the pics avaliable for Myanna she only had 4 pictures avaliable and not from all of her projects so again would have liked more choice (was gonna take my descent dvd to be signed alongside a pic but I forgot it so just got a pic signed) (not a critism showmasters just an observation! and a suggestion to have more pictures avaliable if thats possible)

Kate Mulgrew - my experience with her was brief as it was about 4pm when i met her and she was leaving at 4.30 and she was polite and interested though she looked tired but she did allow a photo which I really wasant expecting! so yeah a good experience meeting Kate :)

I think Georgia started off with 5 doctor who and 1 merlin and I saw 1 who one I wanted and when I went to met her later it had run out. So I don't think they expected her to be as busy and didn't do many copies.

I have to say Tommy Knight is awesome was not going to met him as did not really have the money but I saw how nice and happy and chatty he was with others so I just had to met him.

I met Lance LeGault on Saturday and he was the nicest guy. Happy to chat and to do photos, he seemed to be having a really good time. :)

He was brilliant. And totally agree - he genuinely enjoyed meeting people. One of the best ever guests.

:D Thought I would give all the Sports guests a mention as they seem to have been forgotten. Everone of them, Spurs, Everton & Liverpool ex players, over the 3 days they were there, all had time for a chat and loved to talk about there time in the game.

Great to have seen them and hope they are all back again in October.....! :P

i had a briiliant time went to all four days as arrived on friday but hardly anyone there!! met tim russ first he was nice enough allowed a photo but didnt really talk. then saw kate mulgrew again nice enough allowed a photo but not much conversation. next day and next on the list was the red dwarf cast for my friend, the all seemed really friendly and happy to pose for photo's, had a breif chat with danny john jusles, asked him what he'd been in other than red dwarf as recognised him but i dont watch red dwarf (my best friend was with me and wanted to meet him), turns out he was in mI HI and story makers both of which my little brother has watched. next on the menue was tommy knight, he was very nice only met him as i promised my brother his auto but he was a lovely guy. saved the best till last as next we headed for joe flannigan got his autograph he was nice, i mentioned to him how nervous my friend was about meeting him, he replied "why i don't bite" then jumped at her, made both her and the crew girl next to him jump lol!! next on the list was my personal fav and the actor i have wanted to meet since i was like 4, robert duncan mcneil, what a brilliant guy!! wondered round looked at the deallers stalls then met patrick stweret was number 700 and something in the VC. left at closing time. went back again on sunday as my friend wanted to meet norman lovett and i had a photo shoot with robert duncan mcneil, wasnt planning on spending the whole day but after we met norman lovett, who was very chatty and friendly, and i'd had my photo shoot with robert duncan mcneil (i was physically shaking i was so nervous!!) we bumped into a freind and ended up going round seeing if we could get any photos of the guests at the signing tables, got loads, robert duncan mcneil let us take loads of him, we were standing outside his tent for ages trying to get a decent photo then he spotted us and started blowing kisses at us which made us giggle so much we couldn't hold the camera still so he waved us in and let us take loads of photos (think i'm in love!! :D ) met jeffery combs he was nice wrote a great personalisation on my freinds autograph. wen back on monday to meet tom baker ended up seeing robert duncan mcneil again, more hugs and conversation!! (really in love :dance: !! although he probably thinks we're stalkers now as have seen him like nine times in four days.) over all brilliant guests billiant event hope to go back next year!!!

Big highlight of my visit on Monday, for me was Nicki Clyne, I brought along part of her screen used Battlestar Galactica costume from the Kobol story arc episodes which I've had framed, Nicky was more than happy to pose for a couple of photos with the framed costume and after quickly nipping over to Asda, she signed a 7x5 photo of her holding the frame (which is now part of the framed display) and also a different 10x8 shot of her with the frame, which she personalised and added a personal message. Such a cool guest.

Another highlight was a lengthy chat with Michelle Forbes as there was no one stood behind me in the queue when I met her, she ended up giving me a hug and it was only 30 or so minutes until I got a second one at her photoshoot! :YAHOO:

All the guests I met were great. :D

Edited by TonytheCylon

This page gives me the impression Joe was really good. Please get him back in CM17!

I agree, please please please get Joe back for another event....mostly as I was so starstruck and nervous when I met him, I didn't manage to get anything sensible out of my mouth whatsoever!! :D