Share Guest Experiences

Dan2593

Given the two glowing reports im gonna have to go back tomorrow and meet her again and get another pic signed with a personlisation I think......

Sorry for not name checking you lingham when I mentioned your first post about Slavitza Jovan. It was late and I didn't get a chance to find which thread you'd mentioned her in. Glad that at least your figure is one of a kind now, very cool. And I totally agree about getting Ernie back for a future show. I met him at the Midlands CM in Coventry a couple of years ago, one of the nicest guests ever. If we could get Ernie and Slavitza together at a show and have a rare group photo shoot with the two of them (like the Red Dwarf one this weekend) that would be brilliant.

I should have said, after I met her a mini Q had started just behind me so I guess a few more were meeting her too. Not everyone comes on here to comment afterwards though unfortunately. It was funny actually, I stood for a few mins before meeting her, no one going up, so I thought I'd go for it. Then suddenly after me she was getting busy. I guess more of a steady number through the day rather than a continuous line. Maybe my talking to her acted as an advert for others to get her lol.

If you get to go again tomorrow then I hope it goes better for you. I'm sure it will.

By the way, in case you hadn't noticed a photo shoot has been added recently for Slavitza on Monday -

Slavitza Jovan 1.35 pm NEW FOR SALE ON DAY ONLY

price £15, tickets from organisers booth inside entrance gate 4.

Like you I couldn't go today Sun so couldn't do todays shoot. I'd hoped to go again Mon and do the shoot and meet the great Sylvia Anderson again but can't now.

I'd have liked to have done that shoot but still glad at least got the side shot as I met her.

Hope you have a good day if you go again.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there yesterday and spent much more money than I was planning to. MUCH more.

First up was Nicki Clyne.

I originally hesitated about meeting her because the queue for another guest was so long that it was actually blocking access to Nicki Clyne's table. But I'd been looking forward to meeting her for ages and after I explained that I was trying to push *through* and not *in*, the queue happily parted for me and I got to say hello to her. I asked her which of the photos on the table was her favourite (her in front of one of the Vipers from BSG, if you want to know *g*) and got her to sign that. Lovely woman, nice and friendly, which I could have justified buiying a second photo from her.

Next was my other big target for the day, Myanna Buring.

Was a little nervous about meeting her but she was wonderful. Very chatty, we again discussed the photos in front of her and when it transpired that only one of them was from The Descent (and none from Doomsday) - which I was after - that's the one I got signed. Great lady, again I wished I could have gotten another photo from her. If she ever comes back, I hope there will be more variety of photo sources - I definitely want to meet her again!

Next came The Boys From The Dwarf. :-)

Robert was great, really friendly and entertaining. Chris was slightly calmer but a perfect gent all the same. Danny was charming and cool.

Odd how you can see parts of their characters so clearly in each of them. :-)

Next up I went to meet Kate Mulgrew.

I handed her a bit of paper with the name "Sara" on it and she looked up and saw me - a 6'3" man with a beard. I explained it was for a friend and not my weekend name.

I think this wasn't a joke that went down well but she was still polite and signed the pic anyway.

Then Peter Mayhew.

By this time it was getting quite late in the day and I think Mr Mayhew was beginning to flag a bit. But he happily signed and shook my hand, just not the most talkative of guests.

Finally, for yesterday, Kenny Baker.

Was anyone else slightly concerned by how he looked and seemed? I have to admit I thought he was struggling. I hope he's not ill.

Then this morning I went back briefly and first met Eleanor Tomlinson. Loverly woman, nice and friendly, very happy I got her autograph.

Then finally, Norman Lovett.

Again, nice chap, chatty, no worries. :-)

Two final points ...

Firstly, my bank manager is going to KILL me ...

Secondly ... The Hat.

I like to ask people to pose for photos wearing my hat. I have a large collection. :-)

Yesterday and today, I asked people in costume and various guests. Everyone said yes except Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker (I didn't ask Kate Mulgrew). Which I thought was odd but I obviously wasn't going to push it. Even if I did feel like saying "Why not? Dave Prowse and Billy Dee Williams both did!" :-)

But hey, they are now The Two Who Got Away as they're the first celebrities who have turned down my request. :-)

Finally, for yesterday, Kenny Baker.

Was anyone else slightly concerned by how he looked and seemed? I have to admit I thought he was struggling. I hope he's not ill.

I have to say Kenny in my opinion was looking well considering how i've seen him at other events, i've met him 3 times before and today he was the chattiest i've seen him

Once again many thanks Showmasters for a great event ( special mention to the guy organising entry to photshoot area B he took control and called everyone forward in groups of 10 which stopped any scrimmaging etc and kept things moving in a very well organised timely manner. That might sound easy but think of the times in the past queues have descended into chaos. 10 out of 10 all round.

Twas me - thanks for the compliment and apologies in retrospect to anyone I may have deafened!!

Glad you had a good time. For my own part I was sat with Barry Bostwick today and he really is a gem. Chatty, interested in everyone and tried to think of individual quotes for a large number of the attendees. Oh, and yes we did find out the character name - eventually!

I only went today to see Linda Hamilton. Linda was brilliant!.Very friendly and I had a couple of great chats

with her having gone several times for signed photos and getting my terminator dvd cover signed.

I mentioned to her I couldn't wait to see her film Holy Water to come out. I also said to her I loved Terminator 1. She told me the director had done a runner and she hadn't heard from him since. I was thinking at that point if she was talking about her ex partner James Cameron but didn't want to bring that up.

During the photo op Linda greeted everyone with a kiss/hug. After the shot was taken I think I may have surprised her as I planted a kiss on her. Oh Yes!!! I later went back to get this photo signed.

She liked the photo I had taken with her from the photo op saying that we both looked liked we were going to the prom together as we were both wearing white, I was wearing a blue shirt, but it came out white on the photo ?. TBH it was a nice result!

Thanks Showmaster for making my dream of meeting Linda a reality!.

Gotta ask, how long did you have to wait to get to see Linda 7 times ?....

Not that I blame you. She is a real adorable woman and would love to meet her again.

You also got to plant one on her ?...

Edited by MemorabiliaFanatic1

We did the rounds yesterday, epically long day!! We arrived at half 9 - got number 511 for Sir Patrick and 300 for Linda H and you know what, I was so impressed at how quickly they got through to me.

We went to CM:London and arrived around ten - got a number for John Barrowman (600ish maybe) and come 16:45 - 15 minutes before the event closed we just managed to get in as they'd abandoned the numbers by then. So getting such a late number for Patrick and getting to see him by half 3 - well impressed!! I didn't expect to get such a high number that early on but was super impressed how quickly he got to us. Same for Linda, considering she was personalising and was happy to have a little natter I think she got through really well, and she was so happy to see everyone! Joint best with Barry Bostwick for me, omg who was AMAZING! He was happy to have a little chat and pose for photos and he was so lovely, got uber girly afterwards hehe.

We also met Jeffrey Combs, who isn't scary at all in real life, good sense of humour too :) annnnnd Chris Barrie, who had a massive queue allllll day, think we prob waited the longest for him than any other! Oh and Joe Flanigan, he was lovely, love my photoshoot too!! :(

Not even been home 24 hours and we're already planning LFCC :clap:

:D

Took the family along today and had the most amazing time!!!! We met 6 guests and didn't have to queue for ANY of them (a big bonus with a 6 month old baby who gets bored easily!!!).

Walked through the door at about 12 and went straight in to meet Danny John Jules. He was lovely as always. My Little girl has recently become a big fan of Red Dwarf and had been practicing the theme tune all week to sing to him. She was so star struck that she couldn't say a word so Danny sung it to her instead :0) Also met Chris Barrie & Norman Lovett, both friendly and happy to chat :0) Then we met Chaske Spencer & Kate Mulgrew who both seemed really warm and friendly. Last of all we met Tim Russ who was fab! He was really chatty and as the kids are big 'icarly' fans he gave them both a free signed icarly print!! How nice is that :0) All in all a great day had by all!

Thank you Showmasters xxx

Edited by troi127

Reading all the comments about patrick, he seems to have got the knack of paying attention to everybody so that you actually feel like you've 'met' him, and not just handed something over to be signed. I completely understand the no personalisations, and at the end of the day, if I had to pick one or the other, I would choose to have a bit of interaction from the guest rather than a personalisation. I thought Patrick did that brilliantly.

This.

I'll be honest, to begin with, I was expecting him to be a bit 'superstar' How wrong was I? He is a true professional at the top of his game. The general concensus seems to be that most people feel that they had more time with him than most other people did. Totally impossible of course, it's just an indication of how well he does this sort of thing.

On reflection, we had no more time than anybody else, but it seemed like it because he made contact with us - welcoming our 12 year old son, chatting to my wife about him only being there because his team (Huddersfield) lost and asking whom she supports. On hearing that she supports Birmingham City, he told her he thought that "...they are a good team, doing very well..."

When I told him that it was himself and Jonathan Frakes that carried Next Gen, he smiled graciously and thanked me.

It's the little things that made all the difference.

Kate Mulgrew was polite but by the time we got to her she was probably quite tired and though she smiled and thanked us and personalised our picture...I felt it was a bit...automatic pilot. Not rude, no not at all. Just, I don't know, trying to get through it all I think.

Jeff Combs was fanatstic. He Hi-5'ed Luke as we approached and chatted with us very (re)animatedly - see what I did there? Hardy Har - about THE 4400 and I told him that I enjoyed his BABYLON 5 episode. He smiled and said that it was at around that time that he also did his first TREK (DS9) episode and stuck with them because they paid alot more! He signed the ReAnimator photo we'd selected and let us take a picture. He was great. He also has one of the best ever speaking voices, very refined and distinctive.

Colin Baker was another great guest. Interacting with everyone, spending time with each person, posing for pix, personalising and just treating everyone as a friend. He was lovely. Though he was primarily a guest that our son wanted to meet, I cannot recommend him enough to any hesitant WHO fan.

Michelle Forbes. Well what can I say. Very friendly, very chatty, she shook my hand in both of hers and I suddenly felt vey warm!! :P Damned sexy woman.

Tim Russ was also a good guy. I told him that I'd just found the video outtake of him (Tuvok) being shot and his really elaborate death throes, that bring a lot of laughs from the on set crew. He told us that that was right at the end of the day's filming and that everyone was really tired, so he decided to try and lift the spirits and energy with a goofy death.

Linda Hamilton. Though she clearly had a sign up say no photos or video, when we got to her we heard her saying as clearly as a bell "Oh if anyones want to take a photo, they can take as many as they want...just don't show me any of them!" When it came to my turn I told her that I could not agree with her previous statement because she was a very attractive woman. She smiled and thanked me. As she was signing our life-sized TERMINATOR SKULL my wife took a picture and she stopped writing, looked up, smiled and had it taken, then carried on signing. She was lovely. I had no problem telling her so either!

Wonderful guests this time around.

Once again many thanks Showmasters for a great event ( special mention to the guy organising entry to photshoot area B he took control and called everyone forward in groups of 10 which stopped any scrimmaging etc and kept things moving in a very well organised timely manner. That might sound easy but think of the times in the past queues have descended into chaos. 10 out of 10 all round.

Twas me - thanks for the compliment and apologies in retrospect to anyone I may have deafened!!

Glad you had a good time. For my own part I was sat with Barry Bostwick today and he really is a gem. Chatty, interested in everyone and tried to think of individual quotes for a large number of the attendees. Oh, and yes we did find out the character name - eventually!

Have to agree with how well you and all the crew in the photo areas did on Sat when I was there. I was doing all 3 of Patrick in A, Kate in B, and Linda in A. Obviously all very popular and all within an hour or so. Potential for lots of difficulties but it ran brilliantly.

I was concerned about the Kate and Linda ones as both Qs were going in at the same time, so I spoke to you and did the Kate one first and all went well. Hope you got your own Linda shoot done.

And what a great guest for you to be with today. Barry was one of my favourites yesterday on a great day when all 8 that I met were brilliant.

Barry was one of the friendliest guests ever and genuinely interested in everyone who met him.

Good job done on Saturday, my man!! Could easily have descended into chaos - but you did well. Next time though, see if you can do something 'bout that bloody rain! :wub:

Edited by keithporter23

Reading all the comments about patrick, he seems to have got the knack of paying attention to everybody so that you actually feel like you've 'met' him, and not just handed something over to be signed. I completely understand the no personalisations, and at the end of the day, if I had to pick one or the other, I would choose to have a bit of interaction from the guest rather than a personalisation. I thought Patrick did that brilliantly.

This.

I'll be honest, to begin with, I was expecting him to be a bit 'superstar' How wrong was I? He is a true professional at the top of his game. The general concensus seems to be that most people feel that they had more time with him than most other people did. Totally impossible of course, it's just an indication of how well he does this sort of thing.

On reflection, we had no more time than anybody else, but it seemed like it because he made contact with us - welcoming our 12 year old son, chatting to my wife about him only being there because his team (Huddersfield) lost and asking whom she supports. On hearing that she supports Birmingham City, he told her he thought that "...they are a good team, doing very well..."

When I told him that it was himself and Jonathan Frakes that carried Next Gen, he smiled graciously and thanked me.

It's the little things that made all the difference.

Also this.

Saturday. I was second in line to get Patricks autograph when he explained that he had to take a break for 5 minutes to go and get warmed up. Completely understandable. A persons health is of paramount importance. However when returning he immedately apologised to the queue in general, then the person who was first in line for his autograph. Then it was my turn to receive an apology , and as I was leaving the next person was getting one. Who knows how many more. I half expected him to still be apologising today!

The apologies were totally unnecessary. A very polite, friendly, considerate person.

It is the little things...

A wonderful day, never met as many as 7 at one event, 4 is the most I've met before, but all went pretty smoothly and was organised okay. Big signs would have been benefitial, i.e. the photo collection table, writing on a big board above - "Back so far - Tim and Michelle" would have made the crowd less fierce but I get claustophobic so that's what I think anyway! Hate crowds, but no biggie, future suggestion. :wub:

Moving on, don't mean to complain as it was incredible!

Michelle really made my day, being so genuinely interested and friendly. Definately the best, loved her in Star Trek and 24 now an even bigger fan.

Overjoyed to have a photo shoot with Patrick and it being brief didn't bother me. Wasn't especially interested in a non-personalised autograph, and don't have much money so didn't do that, although you can speak a little more there it seems.

Kate Mulgrew was cheerful at the photo shoot, calling me a gentleman and all. But as someone else said she seemed tired when I got an autograph later on, but certainly not rude.

Robert Duncan McNeill stood out when I met him at an event in 2001 as being very friendly and didn't disappoint here either, very fond of him.

Linda Hamilton said "good job" when my photo shoot was ok'ed in one and hit me on the back quite hard actually, haha!

Don't have much to say about Tim Russ and Joe Flanigan when I went to their photo shoots, but perfectly nice guys.

Still getting over what an incredible day I had, Collectormania October 2005 was my last one, and used to go to events every year, definately getting back into it now!

All the guests that i met today and yesterday were really brilliant and nice.

Robert duncan McNeill was quite nice to talk to. And even in the photoshoot he was nice and freindly. At one point asking me what I was thinking about because I started laughing a little.

Highlight would have to be getting my board signed. Robert liked the picture on the board that he wrote on the outside frame instead just in case his signiture got lost in the picture. and he even posed with it. Same with Danny and chris. Norman was brilliant and lovely to talk to :wub:.

Linda Hamilton said "good job" when my photo shoot was ok'ed in one and hit me on the back quite hard actually, haha!

That happened to me too :wub: . Well she said "well done" and then the back slap. Something different from a guest lol. Really friendly person. 2nd time I've met her and she's been brilliant both times.

I met Joe Flanigan on Saturday and he was lovely; chatting about whether or not the new Atlantis film would be made (he thinks not) and about how much he enjoyed shooting the Vegas episode. He was also very cuddly in the photoshoot! He made my day.

The Red Dwarf guys were also great.

Thanks to the SM crew who were all very friendly, and particularly the guy who was so helpful when we were filling out the forms to claim our photos by post.

Linda was amazing, shes the nicest guest i have ever met at a collectormania..we chatted about the Terminator 3D show at universal studios florida for a good few minutes, then when we said bye to her she held my hand for a few seconds which was lovely! Shes so genuine and it was a pleasure to meet her. How about getting her back for another event and have a little terminator reunion?? ;) When i was in the line for chris barrie patrick stewart was just sitting there with no people going to him which was a big shocker!

I only really went to meet Barry Bostwick and I have to say I was not disappointed at all, he was such an awesome guy, very friendly chatty and sooo lovely when posing for a pic especially given the nightmare that is my mother with my iPhone (cannot believe I forgot my camera!)

However I then decided to meet Michelle Forbes for the True Blood fan in me, she was lovely and really very talkative, bless her she was concerned about ME being freezing cold whilst we were in her photoshoot!!

As for Patrick Stewart I only did his photoshoot so can't really comment, I got a ''hello'' and a ''you're welcome'' so at least he was polite, I just got the feeling he'd rather have been somewhere else, but only my opinion!!!!

And then today Dean Andrews, well I don't know what I can say I think I am in love, he was sooo nice and very very attractive (gorgeous blue eyes!!!) talking about the finale and how he thought he got the best death!!!

I do have to say a very big thank you to the lady (Katherine?) and her mum behind me, who on learning we were having technical difficulties with the phone camera not working properly stepped in to take the picture for me and send it on, not sure if she's on here but THANK YOU!!!!!! ;)

All in all a great weekend so thanks Showmasters, looking forward to the next one!

all the guests i encountered this weekend were great. special mentions go to linda hamilton (lovely lady warmed my hands up) patrick stewart (even though he had a lot of people to get though was very pleasant) norman lovett (very funny) barry bostwick (great guy) jennie linden (lovely lady who wanted to know all about me) & tommy knight (great lad)