Share Guest Experiences

Dan2593

I only went to see Gozer and on the way to walking to his area my gf spotted that Chaske was there and almost fainted. She was PROPER excited at this point and went to the organizers booth straight away to get autograph vouchers. Was quite funny really. We went around and saw he was back about 12 due to photo shoot so had a quick walk around to see who was where etc and then about 11:45 went back around to wait for him and became 3rd in the queue. I spotted on his desk some white M&M's which excited me more than who this guy was (hate Twilight with a passion!)

I said I have to ask him about them and where they came from (USA I assumed but hey!)

He then came past us all and my gf went into OMG mode. We then came to have autograph and photo etc and my gf said to him "Im more interested in seeing you and he is more interested in your white M&M's" which he turned to me and said "awesome aint they and smiled". Signed her pic and got a photo and she shook his hand and left. Was SO friendly and nice.

Then came to find Gozer and she wasnt there and was in the loo I think.

Went for a walk around the dealers area etc and came back to see her. I was proper star struck as its my FAVOURITE film ever!! SHe looked SO out of it and not with it. SHe took forever signing her pic and my figure, im guessing due to her age but she was SO not with it. No personalisation or nothing.

I then went for another walk around and Bob Wilson and Joe Kinnear were stood having a chat just away from their areas so I walked over and asked for a photo. Bob said "yeah sure jump in the middle" were both extremely friendly and more than happy to meet people etc.

I then decided to go meet Robert Llwelyn as I love scrapheap challenge and RD.

THe couple in front of me wanted a joint dedication and she said her name was "Ali" but some reason Robert just didnt hear what she said and aked her about 4 times what she said and just laughed when he couldnt hear it. They got it signed and walked off

I then came over and just said im very simple my name is Lee and he laughed. Signed it. Shook his hand and walked off

That was mainly it from me as I didnt go to meet many people just mainly Gozer.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Michelle Forbes ( see seperate topic What Would Michelle Do ) and highly recommend the photshoot as she looks great. Robert O'Reilly liked my picture from his NYPD Blue appearance back in the 1990's and told me a quick story about the rehearsal for the scene and was happy to pose for a picture. Jefrey Combs was a nice guy, we talked for a couple of minutes about The 4400, he was happy to pose for a photo but later on was no posed photos so it may be that the camera flashes got to him. Barry Bostwick ( photo no problem ) was great ( why such a cramped desk for him ? he desrves more room ) I had a photo from his Las Vegas appearance and he told me I had to get Robert Duncan MacNeill to sign it as he directed the episode which I did. I collect autographs relating to the sitcom Frasier and Patrick Stewart loved my shot from his appearance, he told me it was the first one he has ever signed so I guess I'm the proud owner of the only one !!!!!!!. Myanna Buring was very sweet, she signed my City Rats DVD cover and posed for a photo, I told her the scene with her in the phone box was in the town in Hertfordshire I live as I recognised the location and she admitted it was a piece of guerilla film making early one day !. Once again many thanks Showmasters for a great event ( special mention to the guy organising entry to photshoot area B he took control and called everyone forward in groups of 10 which stopped any scrimmaging etc and kept things moving in a very well organised timely manner. That might sound easy but think of the times in the past queues have descended into chaos. 10 out of 10 all round.

Me and the boyf travelled from Nottingham using website postcode and found the place fine, arrived at 8:30 and joined the queue for Linda. Got VT tickets for Patrick about ten past and we had numbers 328/329 which meant we had to wait till after his photo shoot/lunch for his auoto.

When we were second in line to get our pic signed he started chatting to Tim about how he was and they started talking about how old they both were. Tim couldn't believe Patrick is nearly 70 and told him to bottle whatever it was and to keep doing whatever it was he does to which Patrick replied 'pretty women'. Though we didn't get an actual long chat with him it was nice to see him interacting with a colleague. I also agree that his queue was managed well.

When we first started walking round Chris Barrie had an open queue but we wanted to spread out the day so went for a wander, by the time we got back the line was huge and VT tickets were in place (this was a very good call from showmasters) When we met him (about an hour later) he was very polite and chatted to us about his time on the Tomb Raider movies, and let us have a pic with him.

Linda Hamilton was lovely, she went to shake my hand (which was FREEZING) when I told her this she took it and warned it up with hers. She asked what we were doing with the day where I told her it was the boyf's birthday, she told him happy birthday and what we were doing later. I told her he wanted to get Patrick wherein she replied that she wanted him too :D :D

We also met Joe who was very polite and friendly and told us our dedication (to Kat and Neil) reminded him of Captain and Tennille, and we then had a chat about cheesy music.

We also saw Michelle who was very chatty, I queried why there were no 24 stills to sign and we chatted about her time on that show.

Back tomorrow for Norman and Linda shoot and after the fun of today can't wait to get back there. Thanks showmasters for a brilliant day (for me) and birthday (for the boyf)

I only went today to see Linda Hamilton. Linda was brilliant!.Very friendly and I had a couple of great chats

with her having gone several times for signed photos and getting my terminator dvd cover signed.

I mentioned to her I couldn't wait to see her film Holy Water to come out. I also said to her I loved Terminator 1. She told me the director had done a runner and she hadn't heard from him since. I was thinking at that point if she was talking about her ex partner James Cameron but didn't want to bring that up.

During the photo op Linda greeted everyone with a kiss/hug. After the shot was taken I think I may have surprised her as I planted a kiss on her. Oh Yes!!! I later went back to get this photo signed.

She liked the photo I had taken with her from the photo op saying that we both looked liked we were going to the prom together as we were both wearing white, I was wearing a blue shirt, but it came out white on the photo ?. TBH it was a nice result!

Thanks Showmaster for making my dream of meeting Linda a reality!.

Edited by BigDave

I met Tommy Knight, Georgia Moffat, Myanna Buring, Linda Hamilton and Pattrick Stewart. All lovely people my fav was Myanna she was such a sweetheart :) will upload pics 2moz! btw did i mention the green girls! LOL such an amzing day

Edited by 11th Doctor

Had an amazing day

First up met Linda Hamilton amazingly friendly and polite. She was very chatty and happy, I would recommend to meet her.

Met a few of the footballers. Also amazingly friendly.

Chris Barrie was running a bit late today and his queue merged in with Danny's!!!!! He took time out to pose and chat and even hinted at 6 new Red Dwarf episodes possibly in 2011.....

Danny was bouncing whist signing

Went to meet Michelle Forbes at 10.45 got told to come back at 12 due to photo shoot and break YIKES !!!!!

Nicki Clyne was really sweet....

Not been to the MK Stadium before took time out to watch the footy which was cool.

Not related to guest but whilst Trading Card viewing the guy in front of us "apparently" took a £200 card. I hope the vendors found it and got it back...

Shame about so many cancellations as I had planned to meet and extra 8 people but I was wondering where would they have put them all !!!!

Great job again SMS...

I met Chris Barrie (he was fab, got photoshoot with him 2moro) :D

Patrick Stewart (was alot more chatty which i was pleasantly suprising to what he was like last time) :D

Richard Dunwoody (Was fab also chatting about past grand national wins and his charity work, absolutley lovely man) :D

Kate Mulgrew (wasn't impressed was more interested in the actor next to her than me, disappointed)

Didn't think it was as busy as normal, but still didn't get my photoshoot photo with patrick back so will collect 2moro.

Overall an enjoyable day today.

Looking forward to meeting norman lovett 2moro.

all the guests i met were great.

michelle was lovely, gorgeous, polite and smily,

but special mention has to go to the dwarf cast for being so friendly and up for a laugh and MYANNA BURING!!!! not only is she so beautiful she is such a nice person, at the phto shoot she spent time welcoming and talking to everyone and saying goodbye to everyone, she seemed genuinely surprised and happy that so many ppl wanted to see her! it was so nice seeing her reactions, when i went up she used the words gorgeous, tall and handsome when saying hello to me, now I know she was saying similar to most but still it made me feel great, such a lovely and beautiful woman!

I went today, never went last year so this year is the first time for me at the MK DONS and what a nightmare, never again. I thought that it was going to be in a big arena type room but it is not, it is on the concourse in a big round circle in the open, freezing cold and horrid.

You cant take photos of any of the A list actors, even from a distance, they've put them in a corridor behind a marquee. £25 for Patrick Stewart and you cant even take a photo while he is signing your picture, ffs. (again they are going for the pack em in and charge em high type scenario), you are just not getting value for money. I thought it was going to be a bit easier to walk around than being at the shopping centre (minus general shoppers) but it wasn't, it was cramped and packed. The lounge area should have been a TARDIS (bigger on the inside) because it was just sooooooo cramped and just a nightmare to walk around.

So all in all, not a very good experience. I dont think I will go to MK DONS again for this event. Its a football stadium, built for football. They might as well put the actors on the pitch in tents. If I was an actor I would not be prepared to sit in the cold for 2/3 days and my fans become unhappy. I just wouldnt do it.

There is making money and there is being greedy

Aw, that's a real shame you had such a bad experience. But you would have known most of these things from reading the FAQ and website.

Still a shame.

Edited by Dan2593

To be fair to patrick Stewart - I felt I got as much time with him as anyone else I met today, so definately got value for money, taking into a count how big a star he is. As for the photo issue, it may not be Showmasters who dictate which actors we can cannot photograph - it may be the actor themselves or their agent. So it's either a case of stick to their terms or don't get them at all - I know which one I'd prefer!

In relation to the location - it's unfortunate that the arena was not ready for this event but hopefully it will be ready next time and the cold temperatures today won't have put too many of the stars off.

As I have met them before I will only say that Patrick Stewart, Joe Flanigan, Georgia Moffett, and Chris Barrie were as great to meet as always.

First time guests for me were Jeffrey Combs, JG Hertzler, Kate Mulgrew, Linda Hamilton, Michelle Forbes, Nicki Clyne, Robert D McNeill, Robert O'Reilly, and Tim Russ. All were chatty (especially Tim Russ) and very friendly. I ended up having some very random/bizzare/funny chats with some of them, cameras (McNeill), Robert Llewyllens carpool (Stewart), DVD screen captures (Russ), grabbing 007's rod and catching a fish 1st time (Hamilton), taps & the rubik's cube (Clyne).

met ray reardon today, seem to be on a mission with snooker players at presant, i met cliff thorburn last month in sheffield and said hello to him today as for the lovely linda hamilton met her at a show last year, she was a doll.

Reading all the comments about patrick, he seems to have got the knack of paying attention to everybody so that you actually feel like you've 'met' him, and not just handed something over to be signed. I completely understand the no personalisations, and at the end of the day, if I had to pick one or the other, I would choose to have a bit of interaction from the guest rather than a personalisation. I thought Patrick did that brilliantly.

Agree as well. Even in the photo shoot he still said hello and thanks. The gentleman in front of me in the shoot had his baby with him and Patrick was great there too, getting the baby to look at the camera.

Sure he has to be quick both in shoots and signings but how else could he meet so many. As you say, at least I feel I've met him this time and he seemed happy to be there. I don't think we could ask for more.

Fingers crossed for Bill being the same in July when just like with Patrick he'll be there for longer than last time - hey, I live in hope :)

Edited by spocks-brain

The guests I met were all great. I met 8 in total (3 in photo shoots, 5 at desks).

1st up was Ray Reardon. I try to meet the sports guests first as they usually seem to be the first to leave later in the day at any events. Ray was brilliant. Totally polite and very pleased to chat. Personalised and did a posed pic. I had such a good time chatting with him that I forgot my autograph lol. Went back a min later and it was still there and Ray laughed. Great legend and I hope to keep seeing such great sports stars at future events. They add a lot to any show for me.

Pat Jennings - great to meet. Really had time for everyone. Very firm handshake as we'd expect lol. Seeing him and Bob Wilson (who was also very popular) was brilliant. I'd love to see them back and add some more goalkeeping legends like Peter Shilton and Alex Stepney.

Then I did my 3 photo shoots which were all in a row - Patrick, Kate and Linda.

Patrick shoot was great as I said above.

1st time I've met Kate and was happy to see she seemed to be having a good time. Someone a few ahead of me had a weapon for her to hold. She said "what would you like me to do with it, oh, shoot it" (towards camera). She gave him a fun look.

Linda was great too. I'd met her last year at a different event, she had been great to meet then but it was no posed pics at the desk and I'd missed the photo shoot. Made up for that with a shoot this time. Really nice just as last year and said "well done" after the pic :)

Then 4 more at the desk meetings.

Slavitza Jovan (Gozer) - out of all the guests I've ever met this was one that I had no idea what to expect. But turned out great. She personalised (her assistant wrote my name for her to spell after I asked). Then I asked her how long her time on GB was. She said about a month which surprised me. Then I asked her about working with Brian De Palma on Body Double. I expected her to say he's quite intense as a director but she said he was great fun and loved making the actors laugh.

I should say that Slavitza is very quietly spoken, so you really have to listen to her responses to any questions. Someone on one of the threads on here said she seemed a bit 'out of it'. Well my experience was that she was great to meet. Yes quietly spoken and maybe a little shy, but very polite and seemed perfectly capable of answering any questions. Not everyone can be Brian Blessed lol. This is her first event here so I'd say give her a chance. She probably won't start a conversation as she's not used to these events, so have a question or two ready and you'll probably get the same polite and good response that I did. Just be a bit patient with her. And if you want your item personalised tell the assistant when you pay and she'll write your name out for Slavitza to copy.

I was a little disappointed that she was 'no posed photos' as there wasn't any Q when I met her and there was no photo shoot for her on Sat. But there was no problem in taking a pic from the side as I met her so I'm happy with that, and as I said the experience of meeting her was a good one which is the most important thing to me anyway.

Barry Bostwick - what a brilliant guest. One of the best ever. Totally friendly. Welcomes you with a smile and genuinely happy to meet people. Chatted about Rocky Horror obviously (he had no idea it would be such a long lasting favourite), about how he was in Grease on stage, and about two of his new films that he's just finished (John Landis produced Some Guy Who Kills People and Miss Nobody). Personalised and posed for pic. Couldn't have been friendlier. He'd be great to have back to do a talk as he's been in so much. In fact - more Rocky Horror guests please!!! Any of the cast would make great future guests and fans could build up a good collection).

Lance LeGault - now this was really special. You know how every now and then theres a guest that is just so memorable to meet. Well Lance is definitely that. Asks your name as soon as you meet. Fantastic to talk to and one of the best guests I've ever met in years of collecting. He simply couldn't have been better. Talked about lots, his home in California, his work on the A-Team, and I especially enjoyed talking to him about Elvis (he worked on lots of Elvis films in the 60s, became friends with him, can be seen playing tambourine on the legendary 68 Comeback Special and did the voice for the audio tours at Graceland!)

Lance went well above what I'd expect of any guest and it felt like meeting an old friend.

Hes 75 now and stayed right to the end. I saw him again just before closing time and he said that when he signs a contract to sign all day then thats what he does. No wonder he's been in so much demand over the years on so many productions with such a professional attitude.

He personalised and posed for pics.

If anyone going Sun or Mon is 50/50 on meeting Lance then I would recommend him 100% - he is definitely one of the best guests you'll ever meet.

Love to see him back and next time with the rest of the A-Team survivors.

Big thanks to Jason and everyone at SM for yet again bringing such a wide variety of great and friendly guests together for us all to meet.

And all the crew were great - the photo shoots in particular were organised extremely well - but everyone was brilliant.

Looking forward to Oct (and before that Earls Court and Autographica of course).

Michelle Forbes, Linda Hamilton & Patrick Stewart were brief but friendly with a few words. RDM was ok too, Tim Russ came to see him mid meeting and after keeping me waiting invited him into our photo. Not a Trek fan really but it was cool. Nicki Clyne was nice and chatted about BSG, Aaron Douglas and how she didn't know the event was being held outside. As posted elsewhere Lance was great, friendly, chatty & funny. Was a nice touch him wearing the Decker cap too. Myanna Buring was also lovely and charming.

The stadium was rubbish, but hopefully the new venue will be complete for the next one. Wet and windy in several areas, it didn't take away from meeting some great people though. Thanks SM.

Linda Hamilton is what I would consider a champions league guest - the kind of guest that makes this whole collectormania lark worth while.

She made an extra effort with each and every fan she met that I saw (including me!) and I heard several people make the same comment yesterday.

She signed my Terminator DVD.

I met the Red Dwarf guys and had the group photo which turned out really well.

To be honest most of the guests were not from my area of interest so didn't meet anyone else but it was worth going to meet the above. Hope everyone else had a blast! ;)

Didn't think much of the venue as it was raining and cold but if it was last weekends weather it would have been great.

A mention for the crew - anytime I had a question they were great so thanks!

Slavitza Jovan (Gozer) - out of all the guests I've ever met this was one that I had no idea what to expect. But turned out great. She personalised (her assistant wrote my name for her to spell after I asked). Then I asked her how long her time on GB was. She said about a month which surprised me. Then I asked her about working with Brian De Palma on Body Double. I expected her to say he's quite intense as a director but she said he was great fun and loved making the actors laugh.

I should say that Slavitza is very quietly spoken, so you really have to listen to her responses to any questions. Someone on one of the threads on here said she seemed a bit 'out of it'. Well my experience was that she was great to meet. Yes quietly spoken and maybe a little shy, but very polite and seemed perfectly capable of answering any questions. Not everyone can be Brian Blessed lol. This is her first event here so I'd say give her a chance. She probably won't start a conversation as she's not used to these events, so have a question or two ready and you'll probably get the same polite and good response that I did. Just be a bit patient with her. And if you want your item personalised tell the assistant when you pay and she'll write your name out for Slavitza to copy.

I was a little disappointed that she was 'no posed photos' as there wasn't any Q when I met her and there was no photo shoot for her on Sat. But there was no problem in taking a pic from the side as I met her so I'm happy with that, and as I said the experience of meeting her was a good one which is the most important thing to me anyway.

That was me that said she appeared out of it. Just may have been as she was new as I saw her VERY early on about 11ish as I think from a conversation with her assistant she was delayed in getting out or something so wasnt sure what to expect or what to make of it all. I asked her to sign to Lee are you a god but she didnt understand this and I just got To Lee from Slavitza J on both my pic (which was quite blurry) and my figure which is now ONE of a kind which is awesome!!, which to be honest was more than enough as the fact I met her was more than enough but like you was GUTTED she was no posed photos as again like you she had an open Q apart from one guy ahead of me so would have loved a photo. Would even have gone behind the desk and knelt down if she didnt want to stand etc which wouldnt have been a problem what so ever as I couldnt make the photoshoot on Sunday as I was at work but happily got some photos of her signing my figure and her signing in general. Im glad you had a better experience than me and it would appear we are the only two to have met her as I havent seen her name anywhere on here as yet.

Would happily love to see her back at some point in the future (even at London and get Ernie as well, that would be awesome in itself!!!) but hey thats two GB people met now and in my opinion one MASSIVE guest in Slavitza, given she was the main baddie in the first one. Now to get Vigo would be AMAZING!!

Today (Sun) here's my expieriance:

First was Linda Hamilton, I had VT 41 so only a short wait of about 30 mins. Linda was the perfect guest, not only does she greet you with a huge smile and a warm hello (how gorgeous is her voice!!? ;) ), but she is polite and keen to interact answering your questions, again as I said, a perfect guest who I will definately see again.

Next Patrick Stewart who actually wasn't on my list, but as I walked past his tent he only had 5 people in there, so I asked the VT guy what number they were up to, it was about 280 (the time was about 11:15)......but the VT guy said just walk in!! So I thought great, can't miss this opportunity.......only down side was the 8x10s which were VERY limited and a bit of a poor show. However Patrick was a polite gentleman and a pleasure to meet.

Last, and I have to say my favourite guest was Slavitza Jovan (Gozer). After I read last night the post about her being "out of it" I was a little concerned, but NO, she was a gorgeous lady who I spent quite awhile talking to. I felt she was a little shy perhaps but I talked and listened to her and she kind of came out of herself...............If you meet her please be patient, engage her in conversation and you will get the best from her. I enjoyed meeting her and thought maybe yesterday she was a bit overwhelmed as it was all new to her, she was certainly very cold today, I held her hand and she was freezing. A lovely lady who I recommend you see as she doesn't sign that often.

Last, and I have to say my favourite guest was Slavitza Jovan (Gozer). After I read last night the post about her being "out of it" I was a little concerned, but NO, she was a gorgeous lady who I spent quite awhile talking to. I felt she was a little shy perhaps but I talked and listened to her and she kind of came out of herself...............If you meet her please be patient, engage her in conversation and you will get the best from her. I enjoyed meeting her and thought maybe yesterday she was a bit overwhelmed as it was all new to her, she was certainly very cold today, I held her hand and she was freezing. A lovely lady who I recommend you see as she doesn't sign that often.

Given the two glowing reports im gonna have to go back tomorrow and meet her again and get another pic signed with a personlisation I think......

Had a great day on Saturday, pleased to see it soooo much busier.

I didn't have to wait long to see RDM and he was lovely and funny and posed for a great photo.

I had the chuck photo signed, apparently SM's had two choices of chuck photo's line up but someone pointed out one wasn't actually him! eek

It was nice to see him joking around with Kate too.

Nicky Clyne was great too, had a chat with her about her website, there's a really cool video on it and I wondered if she'd posted it herself. She didn't have a queue, which I was surprised by, I'm glad she got moved to a "tent" today cos someone else's queue made it almost impossible to get to her at one point.

We were all finished by 2pm (as there were no talks).

Then I just popped in this morning to have my photo taken with the Ashes to ashes car and get Joseph Long's Auto

He was also very friendly, I told him he was a bargain at only £10 pounds and he pointed out he was giving out pink wafers too.

I'd have to say all of my guest experiences were really positive but RDM was my favourite.

So now back home and am jealous of everyone that's going tomorrow

I have to say that I'm lousy at making conversation with guests, so they probably made most of the effort!

Michelle Forbes - gorgeous, very friendly and welcoming in the photo shoot, and still friendly (if frazzled!) when I went to get her autograph (she'd done several hundred by then).

Linda Hamilton - also very friendly and reassuring in the photoshoot (she gave my shoulder an extra squeeze while the photo was being checked) and auto-giving.

Kate Mulgrew - my experience with her was briefer, but she was welcoming, especially in the photo-shoots (I prefer these to the autos these days!).

Barry Bostwick - complimented me on my hair in the photo-shoot, very happy to talk to people at length. I went to see him for Supernatural (he was surprised by how many fans of the show he'd met), although I did chat to him about his work on War And Remembrance too.

Jeffrey Combs - He was kind of adorable, actually. I would love to have talked to him about all his Star Trek roles, but I actually ended up talking about the weather. (D'oh!)

Patrick Stewart - very busy when I met him (although I couldn't believe he was open queue by midday on the Sunday!), but still had time to make eye contact and say, "Hello," in the photoshoot and "Thank you," after signing his autographs. (Actually, when it came to the latter, he didn't just say, "Thank you," he projected it. :rolleyes: I was impressed.

Robert O'Reilly - great fun in Klingon makeup, snarling at all the people waiting for the photoshoots, and polite when I got his auto (sans makeup), although again, I couldn't make any decent conversation, dammit. He and JG Hertzler were having a lot of fun scaring people.

As for JG - he was my favourite (and my favourite Klingon!). He had us all in stitches during his solo photoshoot on Saturday (mainly with the suggestions for what poses he should assume), and was coming out with some ridiculous stuff during the Klingon photoshoot as well (for me he started singing, "In xx years I can make you a Klingon!"). I also had the longest conversation with him when I went for his auto - about Latin, of all things. He was great fun to meet.

So, yes - all very good!

Glad you had a good time with her too. That was very much how my meeting went as well.

I guess sometimes when a guest is doing a show for the first time they can get nervous, just like we do at times when meeting them. It can work both ways I suppose especially if they're not a very demonstrative type of person.

But I'm very glad I took the time to meet her, as like you say she's one of the harder ones to get.