Share Guest Experiences

Dan2593

Well I don't start my CM adventure until tomorrow but a few of us have already started and met quite a few.

So how has your guest experiences been so far? Had a laugh? Been told a story? Put up with rudeness?

Share them here!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Paul Blake and Peter Mayhew today. My first time meeting Paul and he was very chatty and appreciative of people coming to see him. Met Peter before usually nice but occasionally luke warm, today he was very nice and smiley.

After spending 6 hours and a half in the traffic (A12, A14, M25, M1, A421 all slow due to road works and/or accidents - take care and leave home in advance if you live in East Anglia) we managed to get to MK. Very quiet, as expected. We were interested in Kate Mulgrew, Tim Russ and Jeffrey Coombs. All very nice, although Tim was more interested in playing with his new mobile phone than acknowledging my presence but was ok after all. Kate also allowed pictures at the table wich was nice. Stalls packed with a lot of interesting stuff, as usual - the original first issue of Fantastic Four was calling me like Ulysses' mermaids ("buy meeeee!"), then my wife suggested that I should sell my kidney for more important things... :D

We had a great journey down, no problems except finding the stadium.

We only picked up signs for it after we could actually see it!

Was really surprised how quiet it was but that was good because we didn't have to queue and didn't feel rushed.

We got autos from Tim Russ and Kate. I got too star struck with Kate to even ask for a photo or say anything.

I've heard people say she has a tangible presence, but now I believe them.

But had a quick chat with Tim and got a good photo.

I met Kate mulgrew, Tim Russ, Robert Duncan Mcneill and Patrick Stewart. All were very nice, was a bit too nervous to say much to Kate but got a pic with Robert at the table which I was very pleased with, he was really lovely. Didn't know what to expect from Patrick but he was brilliant. Probably got longer with him because he was sorting his coffee out before signing my pic of him. was very pleased with my experience of meeting him - a very nice man!

Was a bit bizarre to watch voyager in the hotel then walk outside to see rd mcneill stood outside the hotel!

Edited by scoop1107

I met the 3 RD guests there today and was extremely impressed, they were all open queues and incredibly friendly. Danny was very nice and was joking with me, Chris was polite and spent a good 5 minutes chatting and Robert had a very short queue (only 2 or 3!) so was able to spend some time with him, where we had a joke (I wanted to get a pic but my phone was in my pocket, he was saying how wonderful new technology is that they can take pictures in there lol) and was very friendly.

I also liked the venue, was able to walk around and watch whatever match was going on - think it was a triallist game?

So yeah, very impressed. Will 99% be back next year, unless there are no good guests. But this is Showmasters, so there WILL be good guests :(

So I arrived 30 minutes after the event started. Walked around, got my bearings.

First I went to Colin Baker. Georgia, Kate, and Patrick hadn't arrived but Colin had. I was humbled by the man, a real nice bloke. I got him to sign a picture of himself, he called my mum my sister and when my mum failed to get the camera to work properly I said "Pfft, Women", which caused him to laugh. Then the camera clicked. Perfect.

Georgia. Wow. She had a huge line and had to move seats to get to everyone in. She made children laugh and men dribble. While waiting for Georgia, Lance LeGault walked by, he saw her and said "Wow she's pretty. I want her to sign my heart". We all laughed. Before I got to Georgia I wrote down my name on a piece of paper, I planned to give it to her to save her asking my name. I was in awe of her. We spoke for a bit before she said "What's your name?" and I just gave her the paper and told her I wrote it down. Many laughs from all around. We spoke briefly about what she was doing and she looked like she could talk all day but I had to go, so I got a picture with her:

"You're too tall come down here"

"Sorry for being tall :("

"Haha. Don't apologize".

Patrick. Had hardly a wait. I waited five minutes and barley had enough time to get my picture out to sign. I handed him the picture of him as Scrooge and he said

"AH"

"Beautiful film"

"Yes it is"

"I watch it every Christmas"

"Really? That's wonderful! It was a wonderful experience. Thank-you"

Later at the photoshoot he went into 'Patrick Borg mode' He struck a pose and kept it for each photo, only saying "Hello" "Goodbye" as people came in. He asked me how I was which made me feel special. But as I stood up my foot froze. I got cramp. Ended up limping out.

Now I had to backtrack. I had bought a picture of all 11 Doctors and wanted Colin to sign it, it meant buying him again, but he did it. He pointed to Matt Smith and said:

"He's good"

"Yeah. Really good. Surprised me"

"Yes me too"

And he sat their talking to this young child before me. Wow. The man made the kids day. The kid said he came just for Colin and Colin talked with him for ages. He said:

"The new Doctor is good. But them weeping angels. Why didn't he just close one eye and open the other. Each regeneration, he looses a bit of greatness :P"

My mum got Kate, she was excited even though disappointed she couldn't say more. But Kate was lovely, posed pictures and personalisations. She smiled she laughed. Wonderful. Mum was less amused with Joe, who personalised and smiled. But mum was looking away. Still pleased with her lot.

Finally the photo shoot with Georgia. Had to wait two hours. But it was worth it. I heard it was 0 contact but I put my arm around her, hope she didn't mind, I felt uncomfortable myself.

Picking up my pictures on Monday when I get Tom. But thank you to all involved for making one of the best days, if not the best day, of my life. Thanks everyone.

I have met Kate and Patrick before as well as Robbie Mc Neil and Tim Russ

TBH was a little dissapointed in Mr Stewert on

1. Price of the autograph (£25.00) is a lot of money

2. Not personalized!

I rememeber at Cons when Autographs were free (showing my age!)

Got there just after 9:30 and had ticket number 636.

This equated to a wait up to 4PM.

For something not personalized or having a quick snap together seems a bit much.

I was hoping to get at least a personalized pic

Alas no

Ms Forbes was good fun, personalized item but, again no quick snap

I suppose you could always pay extra and have a pic taken at a photo shoot

Edited to remove references to other events - sorry, this isn't allowed per the forum rules.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Just got back from the Saturday show. This time we set the Sat Nav for the Asda store and got there okay, but heard again about people getting lost. Wrong postcode (as last year) on the site.

Great to see crowds of people there. Went first of all to see J.G Hertzler, who was very chatty, and admired my Detroit Tigers T shirt. Robert O'Reilly was so funny too. Great to see the pair of them together. They were both gracious enough to allow my friend to take a photo of them together.

I was eyeing the line for Chaske Spencer as a friend in the States wanted his autograph. It was still pretty long though, so I walked round a bit, and then got in line for Jeffrey Combs (a long time hero of mine). Whilst in line I got talking to Kenny Baker's wife who is so sweet. It was a real pleasure to see her again, and I promised to pop over afterwards to see her and Kenny.

Jeff was very nice. I had the opportunity to speak to him briefly about the new film that he had been making with Billy Boyd (The Witches of Oz). From there I hopped straight across to the line for Chaske Spencer. No line though, everybody had disappeared. Lucky for me!. Wow what a doll he is! Such a sweet young man.

Then to see Kenny and his wife, and obtain an autograph to help a friend out with a charity she is helping run in Germany.

I would have liked to have seen Patrick, but the line was HUGE, and I had friends with me. So another wander round, a look at some of the great stalls, and then away back up the motorway.

Thank you ShowMasters for producing another great event. Sorry again for the quibble with the wrong postcode, but it is quite annoying particulary if you have travelled a good distance.

everyone was fantastic friendly and chatty even patrick stewart with the short amount of time i got

i always get personalized photos and get alittle dissapointed when they cant but i understand perfectly the reasons behind this

just a quick note for sunday people i got to the event for 8am and managed to see patrick stewart by 12:00 by 13:00 i had got linda hamilton ,patrick stewart,nicki clyne,ali lampart,kenny baker ,and chris barrie

Edited by jamie

I would have liked to have seen Patrick, but the line was HUGE, and I had friends with me.

Yeah, the line for Patrick was absolutely huge, so I'm going to try for Sunday. However, I did get to see him close-up as he walked right past me on his way back to his signing area this afternoon - which was a nice surprise! He certainly has a commanding presence about him :(

Just back home myself, what a fantastic day, the best Milton Keynes one of the 3 that i have been to so far

Got to the Stadium on the 8am bus from the Station and went straight for Patrick's queue, got inside, grabbed my VQ ticket, then went off

Met Kate Mulgrew, the 3 Red Dwarf Guests, Patrick Stewart and Gary Kurtz

The Red Dwarf guys were all on top form, laughing and joking, posing for over the table photos

Kate was chatty and posed for a photo, which i didnt expect

Patrick, as expected was very much like a conveyer belt, but he stopped and wanted to read the quote on my t shirt (from Fawlty Towers) before briefly commenting on it

Overall, very good day!

Me and my friend Elise drove up from Southampton this morning and got to the stadium about half eight (no problems with the postcode - took me straight there).

Joined the queue outside gate 3 for Sir Patrick and got tickets in the late 200s - met him just before his photoshoot - lovely man and wasn't expecting personalisations so happy with the experience I had. Said he was warmer then he was when he got up this morning...

Elise met her guests (Kate, Robert and Tim from ST as well as Sir Patrick) and then I met Colin Baker - great guy to meet - spoke about his upcoming audio work - good to see that Dr Who doesn't finish when you're no longer the man on camera.

All in all, good day out (aside from the weather but can't be helped) and roll on LFCC in July. All my pics can be found at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2353...mp;id=698573451

Just got back from the Saturday show. This time we set the Sat Nav for the Asda store and got there okay, but heard again about people getting lost. Wrong postcode (as last year) on the site.

Great to see crowds of people there. Went first of all to see J.G Hertzler, who was very chatty, and admired my Detroit Tigers T shirt. Robert O'Reilly was so funny too. Great to see the pair of them together. They were both gracious enough to allow my friend to take a photo of them together.

I was eyeing the line for Chaske Spencer as a friend in the States wanted his autograph. It was still pretty long though, so I walked round a bit, and then got in line for Jeffrey Combs (a long time hero of mine). Whilst in line I got talking to Kenny Baker's wife who is so sweet. It was a real pleasure to see her again, and I promised to pop over afterwards to see her and Kenny.

Jeff was very nice. I had the opportunity to speak to him briefly about the new film that he had been making with Billy Boyd (The Witches of Oz). From there I hopped straight across to the line for Chaske Spencer. No line though, everybody had disappeared. Lucky for me!. Wow what a doll he is! Such a sweet young man.

Then to see Kenny and his wife, and obtain an autograph to help a friend out with a charity she is helping run in Germany.

I would have liked to have seen Patrick, but the line was HUGE, and I had friends with me. So another wander round, a look at some of the great stalls, and then away back up the motorway.

Thank you ShowMasters for producing another great event. Sorry again for the quibble with the wrong postcode, but it is quite annoying particulary if you have travelled a good distance.

Sounds like you had an ultra fab time :D

I know this is going to sound like a rather mental question but with Kenny did you notice if he had a gold pen for signing or not - just I have Anthony Daniels signature in black on the gold part of my Star Wars boxset and thought it would be cool to get Kenny to sign in gold on the black part.

How was he doing today?

everyone was fantastic friendly and chatty even patrick stewart with the short amount of time i got

i always get personalized photos and get alittle dissapointed when they cant but i understand perfectly the reasons behind this

just a quick note for sunday people i got to the event for 8am and managed to see patrick stewart by 12:00 by 13:00 i had got linda hamilton ,patrick stewart,nicki clyne,ali lampart,kenny baker ,and chris barrie

Thanks for the invaluable tip, we're leaving Southend very early tomorrow and I'll be wanting to get Kenny Baker, Linda Hamilton and Chris Barrie so thanks for the advice :D

Met Tim Tuss yesterday....v nice guy (he was cold yesterday so I dread to think what he thought today!)

Today I got to the stadium just before 8am and got within the first 100 for Patrick Stewart....who was lovely (very busy but lovely) and acknowledged everyone even though he was chocabloc busy. I'm going to collect my photo sessions tomorrow so hope that comes out ok.

Kate Mulgrew was v. nice as well.....quiet in some respects and I went blank and couldn't think of anything to ask her but she was v. smiley

Georgia was terrific! More popular than I think they thought she was going to be as they had to move her table! She was great and friendly outwardly to everyone.

However, my personal fave today (although am ecstatic at having met Patrick now.....a true 'star' big style!) was Robert as he is really chatty (and incredibly good looking!)

All in all a really good day. Must thank Showmasters cos the Patrick Stewart queues were managed brilliantly and everything seemed so smooth on the surface (am sure everyone behind the scenes was working madly to make everything look effortless!) and I also have to say a HUGE personal heartfelt thanks to Wendy on the Organisers Booth for yesterday and today for her help and understanding at my potentially very expensive mistake which I was very upset and mortified about yesterday but she sorted out for me brilliantly today.

Looking forward to picking up my photo sessions tomorrow......everyone going tomorrow will have a fab time seeing Patrick the man has a presence but he is sooo gracious (a littler shorter than I anticipated strangely)

I know this is going to sound like a rather mental question but with Kenny did you notice if he had a gold pen for signing or not - just I have Anthony Daniels signature in black on the gold part of my Star Wars boxset and thought it would be cool to get Kenny to sign in gold on the black part.

I'm not sure if it's still the case at this show, but at past events I crewed there was a shortage of gold pens. Once it was mentioned to me that "they stopped making them." So if you have one better bring it to be on the safe side.

I'm surprised Patrick was so busy. I was in and out like a flash. Same for Kate.

And they MUST bring Georgia back. I forgot to ask her what game she was playing on the commentary for the Doctors Daughter.

Reading all the comments about patrick, he seems to have got the knack of paying attention to everybody so that you actually feel like you've 'met' him, and not just handed something over to be signed. I completely understand the no personalisations, and at the end of the day, if I had to pick one or the other, I would choose to have a bit of interaction from the guest rather than a personalisation. I thought Patrick did that brilliantly.

Reading all the comments about patrick, he seems to have got the knack of paying attention to everybody so that you actually feel like you've 'met' him, and not just handed something over to be signed. I completely understand the no personalisations, and at the end of the day, if I had to pick one or the other, I would choose to have a bit of interaction from the guest rather than a personalisation. I thought Patrick did that brilliantly.

I 100% agree!

This is it.

Had a great day today, we met Peter Kwong, Michelle Forbes and Kate Mulgrew just to name a few.

A strange thing happened with Michelle, i took my two daughters up to meet her accompanied by me (both over the age of 16). She was really fun and chatty but when i told her they loved her in True Blood she laughed and said "Oh no, its too rude for you"and seemed shocked that i let them watch it.

When i told her we had a liberal household, the helper referred to us as "whatever goes and a bit loose!!!".

My daughters thought this was hilarious. I was just puzzled.

Kate Mulgrew was quiet and really lovely to talk to, she happily signed the pic to my mom-in-law and happily posed for a pic.

Peter kwong was also nice, he posed for pics and even came round the table to give my daughter a big squeeze while i took their photo.