Get Togethers / alternative to party

There have been a few threads asking about parties or get togethers on Fri/Sat/Sunday nights. I thought I'd make a fresh thread to see if anyone had any ideas.

There was talk of a gathering on Friday Night in the bowling place in Xscape (which also has a bar for non-bowlers). I'm afraid I don't know MK enough to suggest anywhere else.

As for the other nights, I haven't really read anything definite.

I'm up for having a get together and i know a few others are as well :D

Going to Xscape sounds like a plan to me (admitidly my bowling form has been poor recently so less said about that the better :smile: )

Be god if we can get lots of us to all meet up :dance:

I'd be up for a meet-up if there was one and I'm sure my gf would be too. Not been to one before. There is Pool at Xscape too for those who aren't good at bowling :YAHOO: Or just a simple trip to cinema!

go into the city limits entrance in the xscape building, you have first base on the left which is a sports bar with pool tables in another room, carry on past first base you will see an arcade area, go through the arcade and you will find the bowling alley, it does get busy at weekends and sometimes you need to book lanes in advance, you also have a bar there.the cinema is upstairs

if you want a cheaper drinking place goto moon under water or lloyds in the theatre district, this is about a 5 min walk from the xscape building,most people in mk when going out meet up around here and go off after to the clubs or bars.

another good place is called groove which is also in the theatre district, it mainly plays old 80's tunes and is open to early hrs of the morning and last time i was in there they had a mini inside you can sit in, but it gets very busy and it ran out of vodka last time lol

Thought people would want to drink in the Bar at the Doubletree after the event for the double pleasure of drinking with friends and possibly spotting some of our favourite stars. Or is it a case of only the people staying at the hotel are allowed in? Are we allowed to brink in a guest of two.....as I'd be happy to invite some of you guys in.

I'm new to this so ignore me if I'm totally wrong about this. lol

I really like the idea of bowling but if its anything like the ones near me on a bank holiday friday its going to be heaving, and would imagine the lanes will all be booked up.

How big is the bar? can it take a large number of people?

Bar in the Double tree may be a less exciting but easier option, though I doubt any of the guest will be staying there.

Would imagine they will be staying in London.

Sorry just read that back and it I sound so miserable, I'm sure wherever you guy go you will have a good time.

We're staying at Fuzton Lake so may be tempted to just stay there tonight.

Well we're planning a quiet night in at the hotel tonight with room service and Voyager on Virgin1 LOL! Totally up for a meet-up on Sat/Sun though :) somewhere easy to get to from the stadium as we're staying at the DoubleTree and don't know the area that well!