Who's staying at the Doubletree in the Stadium?

chris_hod

We didnt stay at the doubletree but we stayed about 3 miles away at the holiday inn near the M1, was rather nice with a harvester on site too. Was only £84 for the four of us B&B for 2 rooms!

Ahh that would be the Fox Milne site yes ? Myself and a couple crew went to the Harvester there on Sunday evening.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didnt stay at the doubletree but we stayed about 3 miles away at the holiday inn near the M1, was rather nice with a harvester on site too. Was only £84 for the four of us B&B for 2 rooms!

Ahh that would be the Fox Milne site yes ? Myself and a couple crew went to the Harvester there on Sunday evening.

Yeah we went saturday evening was rather nice!

The Doubletree was ace!!

Bathroom big enough to have a party in, free toiletries, best shower in the world, a bed with a million pillows, flatscreen TV, fridge (to cool all the beer you buy from Asda next door), Tea & Coffee making facilities *including herbal tea*, hairdryer, plug sockets next to the bed (something always lacking in travelodges), iron, safe, and a free cookie when you check in (although being dairy intolerant & having a tree nut allergy I couldn't eat mine), friendly staff, bar with pretty normal prices (unlike the Hilton Metropole) AND I could walk down one flight of stairs and be right by the dealers' room!!

Would DEFO stay there again :)

How much was it per night?

I booked through hotels.com for 2 nights and the doubletree website for Sunday night - £53 a night on both sites.

That's not bad at all- was breakfast included?

Not that I'll need it as we won't be there any more, but it's always worth noting perhaps if I'm doing anything else there (ie, gigs etc)

I booked through hotels.com for 2 nights and the doubletree website for Sunday night - £53 a night on both sites.

Not that I'll need it as we won't be there any more, but it's always worth noting perhaps if I'm doing anything else there (ie, gigs etc)

Nope, but I have so many allergies/intolerances it's never worth me having breakfast.

Oh, and the rates I paid were advance payment ones.

Nope, but I have so many allergies/intolerances it's never worth me having breakfast.

Oh, and the rates I paid were advance payment ones.

Cool - thanks. Always worth knowing :)

We stayed at the Premier Inn at Furzton Lake and it was lovely for £28 a night I thought it was a bargain

I was surprised by how nice the food was in the pub. The staff were so nice, it actually freaked us out a bit.

Only a few minutes drive away but obviously not as convenient as the Doubletree.

I booked my room in January and paid £39 a night for a room overlooking the pitch. The price included breakfast.

I'll be booking round about the same time next year so if they do an offer like that again I'll let you know.

Edited by dwarfbabe

Once I found the bed under the mountain of pillows on it I found it really comfortable and had a great sleep after a long, tiring bus trip from Edinburgh.

Found this amusing because I thought exactly the same - I don't think they could have fitted any more cushions and pillows on the bed if they tried! It was really comfy for sitting up on but some of them did have to go on the floor when I wanted to go to sleep!

Loved the hotel and will definately book again for next May - the room was just lovely, with a nice big TV, a fridge to put my wine in and a lovely bathroom as well. Plenty of space to spread out. Well worth it - and wasn't too much more than the local Premier Inns and Travelodges at the time of booking.

Once I found the bed under the mountain of pillows on it I found it really comfortable and had a great sleep after a long, tiring bus trip from Edinburgh.

Found this amusing because I thought exactly the same - I don't think they could have fitted any more cushions and pillows on the bed if they tried! It was really comfy for sitting up on but some of them did have to go on the floor when I wanted to go to sleep!

Loved the hotel and will definately book again for next May - the room was just lovely, with a nice big TV, a fridge to put my wine in and a lovely bathroom as well. Plenty of space to spread out. Well worth it - and wasn't too much more than the local Premier Inns and Travelodges at the time of booking.

I managed to sleep with alllll the pillows on the bed. But it was only me in a double bed, so more room :headscratch: