NEW WEB SITE UP AND RUNNING

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

we have a new web site that is up and running today if you want to take a look at it you can at

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/ which is the same address as it has nee for ever :D

lots more info on the front page and also lots more info pages to help you all

if you think that we have missed somethign we would love to here from you and your feed back will be taken on board

we would also like to thank Jill the new member of the team that has made this LFCC site posable, she has done an amazing job on the site and is helping us make the LFCC web site more friendly and make it more informative for you the fans .

we are going to see a lot more of Jill's work in future , SJ will still be the main person running the Massive Events sites as she knows what we need and how we want the con sites to look like , so now we can move forward running events in 2010 knowing we have it covered on the web front by two amazing members of our team , so welcome Jill thank you both so much for making us look so good .

Jason and everyone here :thumbup:

Looks great

just one thing about the guests list, it would be better if they where grouped according to what they are known for like the Star wars guests grouped together and the Star trek ones etc.

Edited by trekkiefan

Looks great

just one thing about the guests list, it would be better if they where grouped according to what they are known for like the Star wars guests grouped together and the Star trek ones etc.

I agreeeeeee

gotta say i also prefer the old design, this looks a bit more proffesional but i dont like how the guests are layed out, im of the camp thinking they should be in croupings ie star trek but also or more important on the biggest star, a dude who had a minor role in star wars should not be above bill shatner or ben browder, the guest link is ok as it althabetical but front page should be the biggest stars on top, front and centre

also i think there should be a link to pages or a page showing the previous events and guests, like massive events have

• Showmasters Admin

well it gets a lot more info out on the front page on whats going on at the event , and its the first version and there is still some tweeking to be done , but its a start and we will get the bugs out of it in the next few weeks and start to add lots more to it , on the hole i think its looking good and now we can add alot more info to the front page m and as we have lots going down in the next few moths for this con we really needed to make the front page work better .

one thing you all seem to have missed if you click on a guest it takes you to a dedcated page for that guest which i think is much better .

see you soon

jason

[quote name='showmasters' date='May 24 2010, 06:49 PM' post='1540730

one thing you all seem to have missed if you click on a guest it takes you to a dedcated page for that guest which i think is much better .

Some of us already used this feature and voted for Star Wars guests! (1st vote!) :D

Just giving it some time to give a considered opinion ;)

I like the new site, SJ has done great work in the past but a fresh perspective can improve on

an already good feature. The TESB reunion with grouped guests is personally a much welcome addition.

It's a work in progress, so more comments as things unfold.

Undecided, but swinging towards like more..

Most of the site does look great and better than before and with more info, but its the front page that im not quite liking.

I think its to do with the positioning of the guests on that page. Be honest, everyone knows stupid people from outside the autograph collecting world who you may mention about the event, who will then go to the homepage, take a quick look, and go again.

Apart from the big-ish photo of Shatner right at the top, id say (IMO) most of the most well known guests to the general public are right at the bottom of the guest list.

So if I was one of these lazy people who took a quick glance and didnt want to scroll down the page, or click the subsections, then to me, it wouldnt like it was an event worth going too.

Of course the problem with changing the layout is that one big guest to one person wont be big to someone else, and vise versa.

As others say, maybe have as many of the better known guests listed first.

If I came to this site as a potential attendee and saw some random star wars monster and a 'friend of a guy who was an extra in empire strikes back' as guests, I'd be hitting the back button.

well it gets a lot more info out on the front page on whats going on at the event , and its the first version and there is still some tweeking to be done , but its a start and we will get the bugs out of it in the next few weeks and start to add lots more to it , on the hole i think its looking good and now we can add alot more info to the front page m and as we have lots going down in the next few moths for this con we really needed to make the front page work better .

see you soon

jason

I spotted that. I really like that feature.

I like the new layout. The 'info front page' is more professional looking. The dedicated page for each individual guest is a good idea especially with their respective pricing, attendance days.

Personally there are only a couple of things I would change. Firstly restore/add a links page for the other events. Secondly I would completely remove the guests from down the right hand side of the front page. It looks cluttered and spoils the balance of the layout. Instead I would supplement the rotating single guests new item with a 'more guests' hyperlink to the full guest list page. The single guest news item would hopefully pique the site visitors interest enough to select the 'more guests' link.

• Showmasters Admin

Why is William Shatner listed as "Bill Shatner?" You're not mates, it looks really unprofessional. That'd be like listing (for example) Leonard Nimoy as "Len Nimoy" or Robert Englund as "Bob Englund."

no when i talk to Bill its Bill i do know him and is is happy to be called Bill so its ether William or Bill , and no we would not call Leonard Len as that is just silly .

jason :WAVE:

Why is William Shatner listed as "Bill Shatner?" You're not mates, it looks really unprofessional. That'd be like listing (for example) Leonard Nimoy as "Len Nimoy" or Robert Englund as "Bob Englund."

no when i talk to Bill its Bill i do know him and is is happy to be called Bill so its ether William or Bill , and no we would not call Leonard Len as that is just silly .

jason :P

You've got mail.