Collectormania Copenhagen 2010

We are happy to announce that Collectormania are coming back to Copenhagen this year.

This years show will be hel on 20-21 Nowember in DGI-Byen, aprox 10 meters from Copenhagen centralstation

For more information please see the website www.collectormania.dk

We are looking forward to seeing you

Never been to Denmark, will consider this.

However, would need to know about a few more guests before making a final decision. If the guests are also at Collectormania London a week later, as much as a different venue is appealing, I wouldn't be able to justify it.

Edited by TonytheCylon

• 2 weeks later...

YAY! :P Thought you weren't coming back this year! can't wait - hope very very much that I can get time to go to Copenhagen! Hope you have more people selling stuff this year instead of mostly selling autographs and pictures ( I mean in the stalls not the people who are there to write autographs) :band: Can't wait to see who the guest will be!

Edited by DoctorWhogirl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be there no matter where it is :)

But I have to admit that Nørrebro maybe wasn't the right place for a con. like this.

My fingers are crossed for the upcoming event! :)

And..... "Twi actors" wouldn't be bad!

• 2 weeks later...

First of all: Thank you for a wonderful event last year.

Great to see so many people all dressed up as Indiana Jones, storm troopers, visitors, jedis and all kind of heroes from scifi, horror and fantasy.

And all the different stalls with costumes, models and so on.

The guests you’ve got were phenomenal and so nice and sweet to talk to. Mr. Edmonds were so enthusiastic and kind.

It’s a great idea to celebrate SW5 anniversary! I really look forward to say hi to Mr. Prowse and get an autograph from Mr. Baker. And as a huge ST:DS9 I’m very pleased to see the sympathetic Mr. Shimerman on the guestlist.

I can’t wait for you unveiling the last guests.

The first part of Harry Potter 7 will just have premiere a few days earlier, so maybe you can ride on that wave. Miss Tena was amazing last year. And of course there´s a huge fan-crowd (even if I can’t count me among them) who wants to say hello to a Twilight-Actor. And an actor from LOTR wouldn’t be wrong either. Mr. Davies was a very pleasant guy to meet.

And of course I could go on and on and on: Heroes, B5, BSG, Firefly, Andromeda (Laura Bertram is always a treat), the star trek and gate franchise… maybe I should save this endless list for the “guest-wishlist-threatâ€â€¦ if wishes were horses… hopefully, we can see those guys at following collectormanias here in DK. I have faith that you will arrange an amazing weekend.

I really look forward for this year event. I haven’t been to DGI byen, but it sounds great. I hope you can establish a permanent convention here in Denmark because I just enjoyed it.

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed my visit last year and will definitely be back again this year - hopefully in costume this time! Do I need a permission to cosplay (and if so, whom should I ask?) or can my friends and I just show up in various outfits? We promise to look cool! :(

Also, I wanted to re-post these suggestions on how to improve the convention (I added them to an old thread on the previous convention, but no one replied to the thread subsequently, so I'm just making sure the people in charge see my feedback):

I’m just newly joined, wanting to let the managers of Collectormania Copenhagen know how I experienced the event and my ideas for potential improvements.

I’m thrilled that there is more focus on creating a cohesive (inter)national fandom for sci-fi and fantasy, and a convention is a good way to put a focus on the ‘geekier’ genres. I brought a bunch of friends along to the convention, some geeky, others more mundane (but Twilight fans!), and we all had a good time of it.

The good:

• Getting autographs from the actors.
    Mike Edmonds in particular impressed me with his dedication; always smiling and friendly, he even paused with the autographs to chat with a young boy in a wheelchair and encourage him. What a great guy!
    Jason Momoa was also awesome; I was flustered to suddenly find him next to me, also browsing Star Wars paraphernalia. :lol: It’s cool when the actors are also fans.
    And John Rhys-Davies made the day unforgettable for one of my guests with his charm and good cheer, as did Brorson Pelletier for another. :)
  • The Q/A sessions.
  • The cosplayers!
    I didn’t even know we had any Danish cosplayers. Awesome! Did anyone manage a final count on the number of Indiana Jones’s? I got six by the end. Thumbs up to the Batman villains and Lara Croft too, and a huge thank you to the nice storm troopers who suffered much embarrassment being pursued for a n00b group photograph. ;) You guys were great! I’ll consider appearing in a costume next year myself. :)
  • The canteen ladies.
    When I timidly enquired about the ingredients in a particular sandwich, they volunteered (!) to make me a new sandwich from scratch just the way I wanted it – tuna salad without the salad, no questions asked. :o You couldn’t have found better, more friendly catering to a bunch of picky geeks! ;)

The bad/suggestions for improvement:

• Why were there no Collectormania Copenhagen pins, badges, key-chains, mugs, t-shirts, bags??
    It’s fun to have something to show for your visit, and it’s free publicity; heck, people’ll pay to advertise for the event!
  • Why were none of the local sci-fi/fantasy shops/organisations represented?
    I had expected Fantask and/or Faraos Cigarer to at least have a stand with books and posters and games. When I’ve attended similar conventions elsewhere, such as GothCon (Gothenburg Gaming Convention), the local sci-fi shop had a whole room full of books and sci-fi/fantasy merchandise, and sold very well that weekend. How about Games Workshop? Other bookstores? Some of the many internet-based Danish RPG-shops? There were no books at all! D:
  • How about an ‘artists’ corner’ where local amateur/freetime artists can display their sci-fi/fantasy-related art?
    I know for a fact that there are several hobby artists in the area; would it be possible for them to get a small island of tables, perhaps a table each, and display their prints/posters for a less than humongous fee?
  • How about rewards for the cosplayers, to encourage more cosplaying?
    It’s fun seeing people dressed up, and it lends a nice atmosphere to the convention. Maybe a cosplay contest with prizes for the best dressed?
  • A stand selling movie posters.
    There was only one stand selling small A4 posters, we want big ones!
  • More DVD stands.
  • More tables for eating and relaxing in small groups.
  • More advertisement!!!
    I only found out there was going to be a convention because Biozonen sent me an e-mail about the Twilight premiere that same week and added a note that Brorson Pelletier would be available for autographs at Korsgadehallen; curious, I looked up the address and stumbled across the Collectormania webpage. Why did I not see tons of posters and flyers at Fantask, Faraos Cigarer, Games Workshop, the internet, etc., weeks in advance? Why no posters at the cinemas, Imperial, Palads, etc., when they were willing to advertise online for the event? I almost missed this thing! D:

I hope this event will be held again next year, even bigger and better! I will definitely be back. I hope some of my suggestions might be taken into consideration; does anyone know if I should e-mail particular people to suggest they follow up on some of these things? I really want Collectormania to become a success and a recurring yearly event, because we need sci-fi/fantasy conventions in Denmark!

Thank you for reading. :)

Will there be Collectormania Copenhagen merchandise this year? :) Otherwise, keep up the great work, I'll be seeing you in November!

~Greph.

I enjoyed my visit last year and will definitely be back again this year - hopefully in costume this time! Do I need a permission to cosplay (and if so, whom should I ask?) or can my friends and I just show up in various outfits? We promise to look cool! :(

Also, I wanted to re-post these suggestions on how to improve the convention (I added them to an old thread on the previous convention, but no one replied to the thread subsequently, so I'm just making sure the people in charge see my feedback):

I’m just newly joined, wanting to let the managers of Collectormania Copenhagen know how I experienced the event and my ideas for potential improvements.

I’m thrilled that there is more focus on creating a cohesive (inter)national fandom for sci-fi and fantasy, and a convention is a good way to put a focus on the ‘geekier’ genres. I brought a bunch of friends along to the convention, some geeky, others more mundane (but Twilight fans!), and we all had a good time of it.

The good:

• Getting autographs from the actors.
    Mike Edmonds in particular impressed me with his dedication; always smiling and friendly, he even paused with the autographs to chat with a young boy in a wheelchair and encourage him. What a great guy!
    Jason Momoa was also awesome; I was flustered to suddenly find him next to me, also browsing Star Wars paraphernalia. :lol: It’s cool when the actors are also fans.
    And John Rhys-Davies made the day unforgettable for one of my guests with his charm and good cheer, as did Brorson Pelletier for another. :)
  • The Q/A sessions.
  • The cosplayers!
    I didn’t even know we had any Danish cosplayers. Awesome! Did anyone manage a final count on the number of Indiana Jones’s? I got six by the end. Thumbs up to the Batman villains and Lara Croft too, and a huge thank you to the nice storm troopers who suffered much embarrassment being pursued for a n00b group photograph. ;) You guys were great! I’ll consider appearing in a costume next year myself. :)
  • The canteen ladies.
    When I timidly enquired about the ingredients in a particular sandwich, they volunteered (!) to make me a new sandwich from scratch just the way I wanted it – tuna salad without the salad, no questions asked. :o You couldn’t have found better, more friendly catering to a bunch of picky geeks! ;)

The bad/suggestions for improvement:

• Why were there no Collectormania Copenhagen pins, badges, key-chains, mugs, t-shirts, bags??
    It’s fun to have something to show for your visit, and it’s free publicity; heck, people’ll pay to advertise for the event!
  • Why were none of the local sci-fi/fantasy shops/organisations represented?
    I had expected Fantask and/or Faraos Cigarer to at least have a stand with books and posters and games. When I’ve attended similar conventions elsewhere, such as GothCon (Gothenburg Gaming Convention), the local sci-fi shop had a whole room full of books and sci-fi/fantasy merchandise, and sold very well that weekend. How about Games Workshop? Other bookstores? Some of the many internet-based Danish RPG-shops? There were no books at all! D:
  • How about an ‘artists’ corner’ where local amateur/freetime artists can display their sci-fi/fantasy-related art?
    I know for a fact that there are several hobby artists in the area; would it be possible for them to get a small island of tables, perhaps a table each, and display their prints/posters for a less than humongous fee?
  • How about rewards for the cosplayers, to encourage more cosplaying?
    It’s fun seeing people dressed up, and it lends a nice atmosphere to the convention. Maybe a cosplay contest with prizes for the best dressed?
  • A stand selling movie posters.
    There was only one stand selling small A4 posters, we want big ones!
  • More DVD stands.
  • More tables for eating and relaxing in small groups.
  • More advertisement!!!
    I only found out there was going to be a convention because Biozonen sent me an e-mail about the Twilight premiere that same week and added a note that Brorson Pelletier would be available for autographs at Korsgadehallen; curious, I looked up the address and stumbled across the Collectormania webpage. Why did I not see tons of posters and flyers at Fantask, Faraos Cigarer, Games Workshop, the internet, etc., weeks in advance? Why no posters at the cinemas, Imperial, Palads, etc., when they were willing to advertise online for the event? I almost missed this thing! D:

I hope this event will be held again next year, even bigger and better! I will definitely be back. I hope some of my suggestions might be taken into consideration; does anyone know if I should e-mail particular people to suggest they follow up on some of these things? I really want Collectormania to become a success and a recurring yearly event, because we need sci-fi/fantasy conventions in Denmark!

Thank you for reading. :)

Will there be Collectormania Copenhagen merchandise this year? :) Otherwise, keep up the great work, I'll be seeing you in November!

~Greph.

We have read what you have to say. thank you for your feedback.

only time will tell if there be any Collectormania Copenhagen merchandise

• 1 month later...

Pretty much everything Greph said. Judging from the post (the username is not the one she usually goes by), I know her, and we went together last year.

Anyway, yes, Greph put it better than I could. I second everything in Greph's post.

Also, you didn't really respond to the costume question - do we need a special permission, or do we just show up in costume and all's good? :)

• 2 months later...