Sacha Baron Cohen

Jayne Wisener

Micheal Gambon

Miranda Richardson

Ian McDiarmid

Alun Armstrong

Edited by MICHEALS KILLER

Why? :whistling:

British actors and actresses are just as likely to cancel as anyone else. Also, just because they're British it doesn't mean they live in this country so could be affected by problems with airlines just like everyone else.

I think there is a cracking line up. Looking forward to it :whistling:

Dont forget the Red Dwarf guests, Patrick Stewart! Linda Hamilton! Dr Who, Big Trouble in Little China (love that film) Being Human, a few Supernatural people, True Blood, Barry Bostwick has so many credits to his name, he will appeal to a lot of people. You could just go on! My hubbie is particularly gutted not to be coming now cos of the liverpool players.

I think, yes, there are a lot of Star Wars guests, but when you have anniversaries of films, that is fantastic for the collectors, but they are in addition to the other guests anyway, I think it is a good varied list of people coming. You cant please everybody with every show, but I think they have had a blooming good try!

Cant wait :WINCE:

Edited by Rhianydd

You really have to see the bigger picture Michaels Killer.

There are currently around 47 guests from Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, Doctor Who, Twilight, Terminator, Ghostbusters, The Young Ones, The A-Team, Red Dwarf, Battlestar Galactica, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Being Human, Ashes to Ashes, Big Trouble in Little China, Rocky Horror Picture Show, along with about 23 Sports guests.

The lineup is far from lacking in variation

Yes then again there is alot of sci-fi guests and thats great but still I wouldnt mind some other guests to match the amount of sci-fi guests.

I wasnet having ago at their line up either as I do think they have some great guests for fans for example twilight fans, doctor who fans, star trek fans, star wars fans and red dwarf fans etc.

It happens that are a lot of Star Trek guests for me to see at this event. At other events, there are a lot less. This happens with other show/film/sport guests. While I am not interested in other shows, I certainly would not begrudge others to meet their own guests.

There has to be a bit of give and take with what can be organised and to be fair Showmasters are doing an excellent job in getting these guests. You could guarantee a guests attendance but that would cost £££££.

I wouldnt want to begrudge others on meeting ther favourite stars of shows I welcome it, this was just an idea for showmasters to consider if there are more cancellations you never know wht may happen, it may get too bad that they may have to cancel the event who knows dont worrie kids they probably wont have to.

• Moderators

Jason has already said things are fine for the guests at the moment, so there's no point in worrying.

You would have to assume they do have a backup plan already though.

Jason has already said things are fine for the guests at the moment, so there's no point in worrying.

You would have to assume they do have a backup plan already though.

lol SM are hardly gonna say "we are in the s**t) but yes im sure most if not all the remaining guests are good to go.

im sure there are back ups, ive always wondered how that works, as a guest do they say "do you mind being a back up?" or are there guests that are usually always free and willing like kenny baker ect that are happy to help out?

to be honest i was certain linda would cancel when she was announced so early, its fantastic that she hasnt, I saw a youtube vid of her at another event and she really seemed to be having a nice time and was very nice with the attendees

my year in cons so far ive been very lucky, no one has canceled that ive been dying to meet, well def no one after ive bought a photoshoot online, touch wood.

• Moderators

Well, as it's a free entry event, they don't really gain a whole lot if loads of people turn up to an event with no guests :P

So it'd be in their best interests to say exactly what's going on IF there were travel issues. However I do fully believe it's all ok at the moment, so we'll see.

Well, as it's a free entry event, they don't really gain a whole lot if loads of people turn up to an event with no guests :WINCE:

So it'd be in their best interests to say exactly what's going on IF there were travel issues. However I do fully believe it's all ok at the moment, so we'll see.

But the dealers there would be non too pleased if lots of guests fail to show up.

As it's a free event there is a risk that people as there are no entry tickets, may decide not to go if there was a mass of cancelations due to travel problems. Also the venue can't be free to hire out.

Whereas if it was LF&CC and loads of guests had to cancel, people already with booked entry tickets may still go rather than waste their money completely.

But all pointless speculation, I for one hope it all works out OK.

Certainly wouldn't say know to meeting most thos guests you've labled there but as mentioned not as thoughs a lack of guests from various films/tv shows. Knock off the star wars n trek guests theres still people am cominmeet- Linda Hamilton, Tom Baker ect ect

There is really just a large line up with star wars guests its great if your a star wars or star trek fan, shame for the other fans who dont like those shows as the guests had to cancel or get rebooked for the LFCC.

:smile: I agree, its ok if your a star wars or star trek fan. But not if you dont like them and was expecting to see the people you want to meet. My family and I were looking forward to meeting a few of the ones that have cancelled, but luckily there is a few more for the family to meet. However its very disappointing for me as my fav has cencelled. I know it cannot be helped with transport, but surely they have had plenty of time to sort it out.

Please can we at least get more people for the ones the have cancelled:

David Duchovny

Gillian Anderson

Some guys from Transformers, more possibly from Twilight: and generally good people, think of the children who look forward to go to these events.

Just a suggestion :help:

Hmmm well I'm not a Star Wars or a Star Trek fan and I've found plenty of folk there that I want to meet, Patrick Stewart I admire from a Shakespeare fans point of view, not to mention there are peeps from Twilight, Rocky Horror & True Blood that I want to meet so I think it's a blooming good line up!!!!!