Not trying to cause trouble but.....

gemma85

From reading in previous topics it seems to be a touchy subject so I am in no way looking to cause trouble, just still slightly confused about the photoshoot tickets.

I know it was said the numbers on the tickets dont mean anything, but then in another post it was said that it WAS being done by numbers though not in exact ticket number order. I am guessing that what was being said is that tickets will be called up in batches like: Red tix 1-100, blue tix 1-100 etc, etc. So even though numbers play a part, primarliy it will be done based on colour. Is that correct? Also, was just wondering if it will be posted on here in what colour order the tickets will be called up in? I started a post about this general topic months ago, and barr a few other people posting their queries too, it never got answered.

As I say, not looking to make a problem out of this issue so hope it doesnt become one, just curious as if we dont find out until the day itself, could be a bit hectic.

Thanks in advance to SM/ME or the any of the team for any help/clarification that can be given :D

• Moderators

The way I read the most recent info seemed to be saying that the colours this time don't actually mean anything, it will all be done on batches of numbers.

The different colours for the same people could in that case just mean that the colours are pre-printed, and as the tickets for each person aren't all printed in the one batch that some were printed on different coloured stock.

Just my interpretation though. Would be nice if someone who knows for sure could post it in idiot-proof interpretation-free language for us :)

That's the latest info posted from Showmasters. I've highlighted the important parts.

Hi,

this is what is actually happening with the tickets:

Tickets will be called in batches of 100 as normal. At previous shows this was done by colour (there were 100 of each colour) but at this show it will be done by number as this is how our new ticket machine prints them.

This does not mean people will be called up in exact ticket number, just in batches of 100. So it doesn't matter if you have ticket 2 or ticket 92, you will be called up at the same time.

So yes, colours are not important, everything goes by numbers.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

The previous thread on this topic, from Friday, feels like it muddied the water further, as the two posts from Showmasters seemed to contradict each other. (The first was posted by Jason. I think that the second was posted by someone else.)

The first post said: "...we do not take notice of the numbers when they are called into the line for photo ops - we just call the colour. The numbers are just there for us to know how many we have sold and have left."

The second said: "Tickets will be called in batches of 100 as normal. At previous shows this was done by colour (there were 100 of each colour), but at this show it will be done by number as this is how our new ticket machine prints them. This does not mean people will be called up in exact ticket number, just in batches of 100."

The highlighting is mine.

I don't mind how the tickets are working this time - in fact, I'm happy to wait and see how it's done when I get there. But I can see why there might still be confusion over this.

Edited by MinkyKnights

• Moderators

There aren't 100 of each colour if 1or2 has #1 for Frakes at LFCC and is a different colour to me and I have #27.

Which is why I think the colours mean diddly-squat, and are just whatever colour(s) of ticket-stock they happened to have when they printed that batch of tickets.

Exactly, which is why I wanted to know if the numbers were so important. As people proved, there aren't 100 of each colour, and the colour order just seems random so I'm not sure how it'll be implemented by crew and for queuing.

I can unlock the other thread myself as it may be sensible to merge these threads... can't really have a half answer that contradicts SM's previous answer and then expect us to be quiet...

There aren't 100 of each colour if 1or2 has #1 for Frakes at LFCC and is a different colour to me and I have #27.
Yep, I have a green #1 for number one :blink:

Even better - it's roast potato day, with proper sized yorkshire puddings :blink:

My Frakes is yellow. (and that's a sentence I never thought I'd say...)

think that callsfor a visit to the docs lizzy....sounds painfull :(

;) I'll visit the Frakes doctor!! (ooh, yes please...)

The previous thread on this topic, from Friday, feels like it muddied the water further, as the two posts from Showmasters seemed to contradict each other. (The first was posted by Jason. I think that the second was posted by someone else.)

The first post said: "...we do not take notice of the numbers when they are called into the line for photo ops - we just call the colour. The numbers are just there for us to know how many we have sold and have left."

The second said: "Tickets will be called in batches of 100 as normal. At previous shows this was done by colour (there were 100 of each colour), but at this show it will be done by number as this is how our new ticket machine prints them. This does not mean people will be called up in exact ticket number, just in batches of 100."

I don't mind how the tickets are working this time - in fact, I'm happy to wait and see how it's done when I get there. But I can see why there might still be confusion over this.

This was exactly what confused me. I was going to ask but realised the thread was locked!

My Frakes is yellow. (and that's a sentence I never thought I'd say...)
Is that worse than having a yellow Klingon?

This was exactly what confused me. I was going to ask but realised the thread was locked!

I must admit that those two contradictory explanations left me slightly confused as well. I am sure that it will work fine with whatever system will be in place.