Alan Rickman <3

Sarah_Cullen

Think he'd be better suited for LFCC - he's been a wide range of stuff besides HP such as Die Hard.

I heard Die Hard was a little ground-breaking film that made a career for Alan and Bruce Willis back in 1988. I even heard it was the action movie that all others are all measured by.

And Alan was also in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Love Actually, Galaxy Quest etc.

Yeaps I agree he would be better off on a con like that seeing he starred in LOADS of films, but please not this LFCC as I can't go LOL next one? :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who think I've written this anecdote to get a cheap but evocative laugh....

Ironically seeing as you mentioned this, I always got the impression that Alan Rickman's character in Galaxy Quest was a nod to Alec Guiness's dislike for Star Wars. Rickman in that film says something like, "How did this happen to me? I played Richard III dammit! I won't say that stupid line again!!"

I think it's terrible Rickman wont sign potter stuff

Why? If he's not particularly proud of it and sees it more as a bread and butter job, it's totally understandable that he wouldn't want to sign it. He's got a massive body of work, a lot of it at a far higher level than Potter so I can see he be a bit narked if people think that Snape is the only thing he's ever done.

Ultimately, I think it's moot as I really couldn't imagine him doing either a con or a signing event. I would love to be proved wrong though!

not that im an expert, but isnt the rickman thing with potter cos he feels they will end up all over the net for sale at craxy prices,. like how patrick stewert is with trek stuff if its not at a convention.

gillian anderson i think its cos she is stuck up a bit to be honest, i have no odea why she would refuse to sign xfiles stuff , sprcificaly at a convention

how was alecs opinion to star wars towards the end of his life? yer i think that was a bit wrong to say to a child like he suspects it is, if id met one of the doctors from doctor who when I was a kid and they told me doctor who is rubbish and you shouldnt watch it, they hate anything to do with who that would of scarred me for some time I rekon

Edited by timelord81r

not that im an expert, but isnt the rickman thing with potter cos he feels they will end up all over the net for sale at craxy prices,. like how patrick stewert is with trek stuff if its not at a convention.

gillian anderson i think its cos she is stuck up a bit to be honest, i have no odea why she would refuse to sign xfiles stuff , sprcificaly at a convention

how was alecs opinion to star wars towards the end of his life? yer i think that was a bit wrong to say to a child like he suspects it is, if id met one of the doctors from doctor who when I was a kid and they told me doctor who is rubbish and you shouldnt watch it, they hate anything to do with who that would of scared me for some time I rekon

Oh right if it's that reason - Little sad though for the actual HP fans like me lol :P

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I think he should sign everything with himself on it no matter what movie it is from. After all he stayed Snape through all the movies and wanted the money for it as well. I will never understand this attitude of some actors to not sign stuff from certain films or series they did. Nothing we can do so just throwin in my personal 2 cents LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

*Stands up and clears throat*

I would like to make an announcment in this thread if thats possible?

Theres been a lot of things said in this thread concerning Alan Rickman and people wanting him to sign.

Last night I was given some extremely reliable information from someone who had asked Alan, his response was short and straight to the point, and I quote:

"I don't sign Potter!"

This information is correct at time of going to press 13:33pm Friday 9th July 2010.

There's videos of him at the HBP premiere signing Potter stuff..

wouldn't that be because it's a potter premier though?

he's not really gunna have die hard fans wanting die hard things signed at a harry potter premier.

unless they're into both..

There's videos of him at the HBP premiere signing Potter stuff..

wouldn't that be because it's a potter premier though?

he's not really gunna have die hard fans wanting die hard things signed at a harry potter premier.

unless they're into both..

Still, it's Harry Potter stuff.

I think you're setting yourselves up for a disappointment, as everyone in the know knows that Alan Rickman wont sign anything Potter (apart from Harry Potter premieres as has already been discussed).

But it must be nice to live in Hope.

Personally I think with that attitude he should hand back all the millions he made from Potter films and franchise too. He's an actor, he chose the role so he should sign things for the ones that make him rich and keep him in business. Saying that I think that should go for all of them out there.

My band would never be allowed to get that attitude, I'd put them in their place LOL

I don't undersand his attitude. It's not like it was only one role and that's it. He played the characther for 7 movies so it's choice. He's famous as Snape and earned a lot of mony thanks to the movies so he could sign Harry Potter stuff.

Like other certain actors that i cannot name for legal reasons it still baffles the s*** out of me when they say that they will not sign this or sign that.<_< What difference does it make to them? If these actors are concerned about being typecast then why take the bloody job in the first place? If i was an actor and i was offered the part of say a certain Time Lord (for example) i would be more than happy to A take the job and B be very PR about it and when the time came for me to leave (even though i wouldnt want to go) i would get on and add another role to my CV ,i mean for example look at how diverse Johnny Depps CV is he has no danger of being typecast each and every role he has done is totally different. I have a set of 10x8 of each of the Bond actors but the chances of Mr Connery signing it are very slim still nil desperandum :P I can see it now when and if i meet Mr Rickman he will tell me"No potter no hard no thieves no quest" so it would just be a plain background publicty shot of him as himself then, well better than nothing i suppose :WINCE:

Like other certain actors that i cannot name for legal reasons it still baffles the s*** out of me when they say that they will not sign this or sign that.:headscratch: What difference does it make to them? If these actors are concerned about being typecast then why take the bloody job in the first place? If i was an actor and i was offered the part of say a certain Time Lord (for example) i would be more than happy to A take the job and B be very PR about it and when the time came for me to leave (even though i wouldnt want to go) i would get on and add another role to my CV ,i mean for example look at how diverse Johnny Depps CV is he has no danger of being typecast each and every role he has done is totally different. I have a set of 10x8 of each of the Bond actors but the chances of Mr Connery signing it are very slim still nil desperandum <_< I can see it now when and if i meet Mr Rickman he will tell me"No potter no hard no thieves no quest" so it would just be a plain background publicty shot of him as himself then, well better than nothing i suppose :P

It really annoys me to read what you are saying - regardless of how annoyed we are by the fact an actor wont sign a certain picture, these actors are people too, and if they decide not to sign things thats their perogative. Actors are not at the beck and call of peolpe who thing that just because they pay to see them, they are entitled to have signed what they want. I admire Alan for standing by his decision not to sign.

I think you're setting yourselves up for a disappointment, as everyone in the know knows that Alan Rickman wont sign anything Potter (apart from Harry Potter premieres as has already been discussed).

But it must be nice to live in Hope.

I'm not actually, since I know he'd never come to something like this anyway, and the only place I'll probably see him is the premiere.

I must admit that if they managed to get him for something like Collectormania, LFCC or even Autographica, (which could possibly be most likely) I wouldnt care what picture they provided to be signed, to get to meet him would be awesome! :poki::uhoh:

There are plenty of other cool Potter actors/actresses to get, look how much fun the twins were last year :D

I must admit that if they managed to get him for something like Collectormania, LFCC or even Autographica, (which could possibly be most likely) I wouldnt care what picture they provided to be signed, to get to meet him would be awesome! :WINCE::P

There are plenty of other cool Potter actors/actresses to get, look how much fun the twins were last year :wub:

SSOOOO AGREEEE I would just feel privileged to have met the man. Wish I could afford more cons where loads of nice people are but they are always so far away from the Manchester area it's too expensive traveling all the time, here is hope we get Collectormania in Manc back LOL...