Gala Dinner

neilphillips

I would like to say what a fabulous time I had at my first Autographica Gala Dinner last night. The whole event was extremely well organised with entertaining introductions to the celebrities, presentations and speeches between the very enjoyable tasty courses.

I found the videos very moving with appropriate stirring music, especially the one reminding us of Apollo 13's 'successful failure'. I am very pleased that Jason, Paul and Dave reminded us that it was the 65th anniversary of VE Day and everyone in the room was in awe of the World War 2 pilots including the Astronauts. The WW2 pilots deservedly got 2 standing ovations on the night.

All of the celebrities looked great but a special mention for Carole Ashby who was simply stunning in her gorgeous evening dress. I also had the pleasure of saying hello again to another beautiful former Bond girl Anne Lonnberg who I'd spoken to at length at Friday's drinks reception.

A word also for the Hotel staff. The service was excellent and friendly and they went out of their way to help us.

I was lucky enough to be on a great table - with Leslie Nielsen, his lovely wife and two friends. Leslie was great, forever smiling and it was wonderful to see him enjoying the evening. Thanks also to my fellow guests- Ciaran, Dave and Paul who were excellent company. Ciaran gave me his website to look at CiaranBrown.com and for anyone interested in autographs you must take a look to see what a great number of people he has met. I wish him all success in his future acting career.

I shall certainly be back next year. I know that I was lucky enough to win the Autographica competition on Monday and win a VIP pass but I will be very happy to pay next year and have promised my wife that she will also be coming to this 'not to be missed' experience.

I would like to say what a fabulous time I had at my first Autographica Gala Dinner last night. The whole event was extremely well organised with entertaining introductions to the celebrities, presentations and speeches between the very enjoyable tasty courses.

I found the videos very moving with appropriate stirring music, especially the one reminding us of Apollo 13's 'successful failure'. I am very pleased that Jason, Paul and Dave reminded us that it was the 65th anniversary of VE Day and everyone in the room was in awe of the World War 2 pilots including the Astronauts. The WW2 pilots deservedly got 2 standing ovations on the night.

All of the celebrities looked great but a special mention for Carole Ashby who was simply stunning in her gorgeous evening dress. I also had the pleasure of saying hello again to another beautiful former Bond girl Anne Lonnberg who I'd spoken to at length at Friday's drinks reception.

A word also for the Hotel staff. The service was excellent and friendly and they went out of their way to help us.

I was lucky enough to be on a great table - with Leslie Nielsen, his lovely wife and two friends. Leslie was great, forever smiling and it was wonderful to see him enjoying the evening. Thanks also to my fellow guests- Ciaran, Dave and Paul who were excellent company. Ciaran gave me his website to look at CiaranBrown.com and for anyone interested in autographs you must take a look to see what a great number of people he has met. I wish him all success in his future acting career.

I shall certainly be back next year. I know that I was lucky enough to win the Autographica competition on Monday and win a VIP pass but I will be very happy to pay next year and have promised my wife that she will also be coming to this 'not to be missed' experience.

It was lovely to meet you at the gala dinner. I'm SO glad that you had a great time.

Thank you for your kind words and the link to my website, too!