Photo question

Friendlyskies

Hi

Just a quick question please.

If a guest only has a photoshoot listed for Saturday and they do not have any other photoshoots listed for other days but I am only able to attend on the Monday then I understand I would not be able to get a photo using the photo shoot method. But if a guest is not doing a photoshoot on any given day then are photos at the signing table allowed? I only ask as I only ever get signatures on photos that I have had taken with the person signing it. So if I can't get a photo taken then there wouldn't be much point in it for me.

Would appreciate any help on answering this thanks.

Cheers

Darren

Edited by Friendlyskies

Showmasters literally wont know untill the day.

Its usually the guest themselves or their agent that imposes rules such as no photos.

Its rare that it happens though, so you should at least be able to take a picture of them signing, if not a photo with them :D

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

There's no way of knowing until the day whether guests will allow photos at the signing desk.

Just out of interest, is there a particular guest you are thinking of or is it just a general question?

There's no way of knowing until the day whether guests will allow photos at the signing desk.

Just out of interest, is there a particular guest you are thinking of or is it just a general question?

Hi

There are two guests actually. Nicki Clyne and Michelle Forbes. One has a photoshoot on the Saturday and the other has one on the Sunday. I can't really attend either of those days though. Can only make it on the Monday.

I understand that normally if there is a photoshoot planned then photos with the guests are not generally allowed. But since I can't make it on either of those days I was just wondering if there was a "show" rule about no photos even if a photoshoot is not being done on the day I attend.

I understand that the guest or agent themselves may not allow it and there's no accounting for that but was more curious about wether the organisers were ok with it.

I normally attend these events in costume and would wear my Battlestar Galactica Viper Pilot suit for a photo with them which I would then get them to sign. I normally do this either by waiting for the photo from the photoshoot or by printing the one that I take on my own camera.

Cheers

Darren

I understand that normally if there is a photoshoot planned then photos with the guests are not generally allowed. But since I can't make it on either of those days I was just wondering if there was a "show" rule about no photos even if a photoshoot is not being done on the day I attend.

Thats not the usual practice, just at CM London most of the people who had shoots also asked to have no photos at the desk. This was misinterpreted by people as the organisers rules, but it was the guests/agents not SM.

So unless there is a sign up saying no photos, you can just ask the guest when you meet them and they should be fine with it :D

BeatrixKiddo and dwarfbabe have already covered the important points, everything posted before is correct.

There's really no general "no photos" or "no photos at the table" rule for the whole show, but there is no way to tell anything definite until the day.

Sometimes it may even happen that the decision "no photos" is made throughout the day.

I was assisting a guest who was allowing photos of him signing once. After a couple of hours I got such a bad migraine from the flashes, and the cameras were not even aiming at me. If a guest gets in a similar situation (for example) they may ask to stop photography.