What is allowed at Chevron 7.5?

copespace

I'd read that as webbing vests and holster okay, but any weapon must be peacebonded.

Peacebonded as in attached to holster/sling? Or as in unable to fire - cause it would be as simple as removing the pellets and the firing mechanism... pretty easy if u know what you are doing

Peacebonded as in unable to be drawn. And from the wording I doubt an airsoft weapon will be okay.

Wooden or other solid (LEGAL) replica weapons must be peace-bonded (unable to be drawn).

It may look harmless to us, but all it needs is the wrong hotel employee to misunderstand, get scared and then the police might show up.

We've had other attendees in uniforms coming to Chevron before, but I honestly can't remember anymore how they handled things with their weapons. Maybe someone will see this and can help you better than me. I'll add a note in your topic title.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Am interested to hear the final word on this too.

Most stargate costumes have some element of weaponary.

Alien weapons that do not imitate "real steel" are easy but P90's, MP5's and G36's that to the casual observer appear real can be problematic.

The peacebonding I have seen in many pictures from the states with a nice coloured ribbon secured to the weapons to give a visual reassurance.

When I airsoft in more public places we place warning signs to advise people and reduce anxiety.

They normally take the form of posters/placards stating

"Military simulation beyond this point."

Replica and imitation firearms in use

Authorities Aware.

Plus a couple of lines about pyrotechnics and projectile risks.

As long as the participents dont go out in public ie remain in the building and dont point the replicas at people without permission and dont leave the replicas lying around I dont think there should be a problem but I await guidance before I embark a Goauld slaying arsenal lol.

The rules I've posted applying to events such as LFCC and the Collectormanias, but I don't really know as far as the hotel ones are concerned. Your best bet would be to find out from the organisers, or even contact the hotel itself to see what they'd accept.

Thanks TurkFox.

I always thought the bit about weapons was valid for all shows. :blush:

I can only really speak for the events where Showmasters have control of the whole building (and their own security that they employ). The individual hotels may have their own rules that contradict mine.

I have friends who go fully dressed and as long as you don't go outside the hotel with them on you should be ok...

I walked around Northampton with a friend of mine all fully kitted out and not a sausage...had a Zat gun rather than a 9mm though...

Kriss :)

I had my UNIT gear on, complete with G36 and P226 in leg holster in the Park Inn at Hub 4, and it was no problem at all. The hotel know that they're just replicas, and as long as you don't take them outside they were absolutely fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my UNIT gear on, complete with G36 and P226 in leg holster in the Park Inn at Hub 4, and it was no problem at all. The hotel know that they're just replicas, and as long as you don't take them outside they were absolutely fine.

Oh and considering most replica airsofts have either 1/3 brightly painted or clear bodys, i dont think people are that stupid ^^

Uh, no, mine aren't- I'm a UKARA registered airsoft skirmisher, so mine are all black mate- skirmishers have a defence under the VCRA that allows us to buy and import realistic imitation firearms. :)

So do members of reenctment groups, and film and tv production companies.

As for the two tone (either 50% clear or brightly coloured bodied) weapons that unregistered folks over 18 can buy, you still shouldn't take them outside. I had a conversation with a police firearms officer who told me that regardless what colour it's painted, they'll treat it as real if someone is waving it around in the street until proven otherwise.

Like i said though, the park inn were fine with it :)