Event Announcement - 'Old Who Guests' now at Bad Wolf

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

You will be aware that we had intended to run Bad Wolf as a 'New Who Only' event!

Well, after many many requests we have decided to add some 'Old Who' guests to the event also! :YAHOO:

Bad Wolf will therefore have guests from both new and old Dr Who in attendance!

In addition, all the guests announced so far, including the new ones today, will be included in the registration pack and so you will receive their autograph as part of your ticket price! :YAHOO:

Plus we are still working on more guests! :P

Thanks everyone for your comments and support. We look forward to seeing you at Bad Wolf! :YAHOO:

Mark :D

Well, after many many requests we have decided to add some 'Old Who' guests to the event also! :YAHOO:

I never saw that many requests, only for Trevor's reinstatement which had already been announced.

Bad Wolf is going to be a con dedicated to mostly New Who guests and lots of them , there will be at least 10 guests or more at this con and we are working on a lot of first timers and rare guests too .

we also want to try to book some of the main cast members that so far have not attended a con any ware so watch this space as we really want to bring you the big names from New Dr Who

Forgive me for saying it sounds more like either new series only wasn't selling well as you hoped, or those big names are harder than you thought.

Having said that, I do think a Doctor would have made Invasion better. Today's additions are welcome

i thought invasion was awesome without any docs, the amount of classic main companions was great.

plus I went to time quest :-)

id love to come bad wolf but ive got bon jovi on the sunday, and england on the sat with possible work on the sat also. :-(

though the back and forth on bad wolfs intention was confusing. but still looks a good event with or without classic, would love to meet sophia myles

I'm happy with this change, personally I'm more of a new series fan but I love meeting guests from the old series too, especially The Doctor's and their companions. My only worry is that maybe we'll get less photoshoot opportunities with some of the new series guests now, I really badly want photoshoots with; Sophia Myles, Andrew Hayden-Smith and Bruno Langley especially. Pretty please can we still have them? Also, I hope that next year's event will still have a large amount of new series guests like this year or it might put me off. All in all though, I can't wait, I booked my silver ticket ages ago :P

P.S: Wow, you're planning even more guests? That's amazing, there's already 15, haha, love it :(

Edited by Doctor Who

I'm happy with this change, personally I'm more of a new series fan but I love meeting guests from the old series too, especially The Doctor's and their companions. My only worry is that maybe we'll get less photoshoot opportunities with some of the new series guests now, I really badly want photoshoots with; Sophia Myles, Andrew Hayden-Smith and Bruno Langley especially. Pretty please can we still have them? Also, I hope that next year's event will still have a large amount of new series guests like this year or it might put me off. All in all though, I can't wait, I booked my silver ticket ages ago :P

P.S: Wow, you're planning even more guests? That's amazing, there's already 15, haha, love it :(

dont all guests do a shoot? especially for gold and silver on these show specific cons?

dont all guests do a shoot? especially for gold and silver on these show specific cons?
Not sure about Bad Wolf, but I have noticed at various Hubs sometimes a guest may not have a photoshoot. It's usually a one-day guest, at Hub4 for example, http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=58148 , Susan Brown, Ian Gelder, and Ian Hilditch did not have one but Cush Jumbo did. I'm not sure if it's the guests decision (which is fair enough), or just down to available time.

well at least in this time of uncertainty there is a consistent " TerraHawk" being negative :(

you really crack me up mate :P

jason

If you think that's being negative you're reading far to much into it.

Remember (before you deleted it) I said don't ruin it. You've now put it back how it was in the first place. I'm not unhappy here :dance:

Quite honestly SM, this is one of the best decisions you could have made. I was planning to attend because of Trevor and Christopher(and also David Troughton) but the inclusion of Classic series has clinched it for me. AND you have Caroline John, who i last met 8 years ago and have since been desperate to meet! Thank you so much! How about more of the rare companions? Mark Strickson, or Bonnie Langford together with McCoy and Aldred would be fantastic!

I've only been to The Hub 3 and The Hub 4 but at both events, only six or seven actors had a photoshoot and I think that was mainly down to time constraints and scheduling etc. Also, it'll cost more for Massive Events if everyone gets photos with all of the guests and that's why there's the six/seven photoshoots included term when you buy your Silver ticket. Sometimes they might go over and give us more for free like they're kindly doing with the autographs at this event but seven is the most I've seen and that was at The Hub 3. That's why I'm slightly worried about not as many new series guests having photoshoots because so far, the classic series guests announced have large roles so they're therefore likely to have a photoshoot. I'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed, this is my first Bad Wolf so I'll have to see what it's like. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

The ticket-ordering pages on the 10th Planet site say that the silver and gold passes include "one photo shoot with you and each of the guests attending over the weekend". I think that's pretty clear that all guests should be doing shoots. If they don't, well, I'd at least point at the sign and tut.

The ticket-ordering pages on the 10th Planet site say that the silver and gold passes include "one photo shoot with you and each of the guests attending over the weekend". I think that's pretty clear that all guests should be doing shoots. If they don't, well, I'd at least point at the sign and tut.

Ooh, I never even knew that, thanks for letting me know. That's even better then. :D

True. However on the Massive Events website, http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/badwolf/info.php?programmes it states

Silver programmes are limited in numbers. A Silver event programme will include:

- 1 professional photo shoot with each individual guest*

- 1 exclusive convention photo featuring all of the guests attending

Priority seating behind the Gold programme holders for the guest talks

PLUS everything that is included in the standard programme admission. (listed above)

* - that is taking part in an individual photo session

Based on what I have seen at other conventions, like the Hubs, I would tend to go with this version

Edited by 1of2

Ah, well spotted. In that case, I agree - it's not looking too hopeful that there'll be a full set of shoots, especially as the guest list grows. I think it needs some clarification, as when you go to buy tickets from that Massive Events page, it takes you to 10th Planet booking. Click through to the gold or silver passes, and it's claimed that these tickets include "one photo shoot with you and each of the guests attending over the weekend", with no mention of any possible or probable exclusions.

I too would say it needs more clarification. We would ideally need a total guest count, total number of people doing photo shoots, exactly whats included in the passes so no conflicting info from differing websites etc.

We don't know if Trevor and Chris will be doing a joint shoot, or if Sylv and Soph will be doing a joint shoot(both of which I would like), and i'd much rather have a photo shoot with Caroline John than with all of the new series guests

This is more what a Doctor Who convention should be. I know that in addition to myself, I've heard quite a few people who've not been too impressed with the new-series-only line up. Baxter, Benjamin and Troughton were really the only attractions for me, and that was mainly due to their classic series roles.

I've nothing against new series guests, but to me, the difference between new and classic series guests is the fact that most of them only had 1 x 45 mins of WHO exposure compared to the month and a half that people would have watched Jago & Litefoot. No matter how integral and impressive Sophia Myles was, it was less than an hour of viewing on one night, compared to classic series actors who you get to know over a number of weeks.

Well done on getting these new guests - any chance Geoffrey Beevers could be convinced to come along with Caroline? Not the biggest of guests, but it would be a shame to miss the oppurtunity.

(PS. I agree with the Sylv/Sophie joint photo suggestion - it's a natural pairing. I've had individual SM photos with them so wouldn't get new ones at Bad Wolf, but would definitely get a joint photo)

Edited by Zagreus

any chance Geoffrey Beevers could be convinced to come along with Caroline? Not the biggest of guests, but it would be a shame to miss the oppurtunity.

He would indeed be good, but they do surprisingly few events together. Certainly he wasn't at the last two events she did. He's in theatre a lot.

We don't know if Trevor and Chris will be doing a joint shoot, or if Sylv and Soph will be doing a joint shoot(both of which I would like), and i'd much rather have a photo shoot with Caroline John than with all of the new series guests

You see that's the thing, I'd much rather have photoshoots with the new series guests so I really do hope Showmasters and Massive Events can cater for both needs. Like I said before, the four main photshoots that I really want are; Sophia Myles, Andrew Hayden-Smith, Bruno Langley and Sylvester McCoy. If either of them don't do one, I'll be a little disappointed but obviously, I'll respect their decision and still have a great time. This is the only reason why I'm quite worried about the introduction of big classic Who guests, it might mean we get hardly any new series photoshoots. :wub:

Edited by Doctor Who

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

Obviously I have seen that there is some confusion over the photo shoot side of the Silver and Gold tickets for this event. Firstly, please let me apologise for this. The information on the Tenth Planet Events website was incorrect. There is no way that we could even do a photo shoot with every guest attending for numerous reasons including that some guests are not even contracted to do a photo shoot! The description of what was included photo shoot wise on the Massive Events Bad Wolf website is in fact correct.

This being said, anyone who has booked a Gold or Silver ticket up to this date is entitled to a full refund should they want it. This offer will remain in place until 19th May 2010.

The 10th Planet Events website has now been updated to reflect the correct policy on the number of photo shoots included in those tickets.

Now, having said all this, and even though the websites state that up to 6 photo shoots will included with guests doing individual photo shoots, we will not be limiting to only 6 photo shoots at this event. Over the next few days I will post up a list of the photo shoots that we will be doing and which will be included in the Gold and Silver ticket prices. There will be MORE THAN 6 included and I think you will be pleased with what we have planned. :wub:

I hope that this clears the matter up and I am sorry that there was the confusion in the first place.

Thank you for your understanding and I will be back to you on what photo shoots will be happening as soon as I have confirmed a couple of things with the guests.

Take care,

Mark :dance:

Thanks for the update Mark, that's great news to hear that there may be more than six photoshoots plus that we may find out who will be doing photoshoots soon. I know for a fact that I won't be wanting a refund for my ticket, it looks like it's going to be a great event and I can't wait. Haha, I've started to wonder now if the mystery guest will be doing a photoshoot, I guess that will depend on how big their character was in the show, thanks again for the information. :P

Now, having said all this, and even though the websites state that up to 6 photo shoots will included with guests doing individual photo shoots, we will not be limiting to only 6 photo shoots at this event. Over the next few days I will post up a list of the photo shoots that we will be doing and which will be included in the Gold and Silver ticket prices. There will be MORE THAN 6 included and I think you will be pleased with what we have planned. :D

That would be excellent as my friends and I are awaiting this information before deciding whether to attend or not ;)