Virtual Queueing

Oasis

Will there be virtual queueing at LFACC?

Also, are you allowed to go and get virtual queueing tickets when you arrive for all the guests you want to see even if they dont have a big enough queue for them at that time? For example, if Adam West only had 10 people in his queue (just hypothetically!!!) and Val Kilmer had more, so started to hand out tickets but Adam hadnt, and for some reason you wanted to go to Val first, could you ask for a virtual queueing ticket for Adam?

• Showmasters Admin

There will be virtual queuing at The London Film and Comic Con.

You can only get a virtual ticket though if there is a line long enough for the virtual tickets to be given out. Basically, if the line is not long enough then there won't be any virtuaql tickets for it, and so it follows that you can't get one!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Mark :lol:

Erm.I dont want to sound silly or stupid BUT Ive never been to Collectormaia or anything I dont understand bout the virtual queueing. I read the FAQ but i dont quite under stand it. Is it you buy a tickety for somebody you want to see and then wait? Where do you get the ticket from?

Charlotte

Erm.I dont want to sound silly or stupid BUT Ive never been to Collectormaia or anything I dont understand bout the virtual queueing. I read the FAQ but i dont quite under stand it. Is it you buy a tickety for somebody you want to see and then wait? Where do you get the ticket from?

Charlotte

At C4 (and other conventions), they handed out tickets first thing in the morning b4 the guests had even arrived at their tables. Stewards stood in front of the section where that guest was standing and handed out raffle tickets for that guest (for example say you were given ticket number 40). They then put up signs an make announcements through the day such as 'Elijah Wood is now signing tickets between 20-40.' Once you hear or see that announcemant you can go and queue in that particular queue and you will require your ticket. It doesnt matter if you dont go straight there, you can queue in that queue as long as they have passed your number.

I assume the system will be similar at LFACC. I hope that helps you.

Love from Jen xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can I ask if it is possiable that raffle tickets are not used as many people have been know to buy a book and just use them to go see the guests.

Can something special be done and make sure the tickets are collected as at least 3 times at C4 mine were not and so I gave them to others who could not get them.

I know this is not right to do but the tickets should have been taken.

• Showmasters Admin
Can I ask if it is possiable that raffle tickets are not used as many people have been know to buy a book and just use them to go see the guests.

Can something special be done and make sure the tickets are collected as at least 3 times at C4 mine were not and so I gave them to others who could not get them.

I know this is not right to do but the tickets should have been taken.

Raffle tickets will not be used, and the tickets will be collected. This will be drummed into the crew!

Mark

Can another person get in on your virtual ticket? I've been to a couple of Collectormania events and it has varied, depending on what mood the steward was in, etc. For example, I have been through with a friend on one ticket, in some instances all they have wanted was a couple of photos as we were queuing, and then took mine with the guest, and on other occasions they have also had an autograph.

However, when I went for my auto from Kristanna Loken the jobsworth steward, who had the remainder of a black eye (wonder who gave him that) wouldn't let my friend in with me, even tho' all she was doing was taking my photo - this meant that I had to pester the steward sat with Kristanna to take a photo as there wasn't actually anyone behind me! Surely, this only delays things?

Again, can whatever system you adopt be made clear to the stewards, who do a terrific job, but I've had a couple of dealings (such as above) where the individual wanted kicking for being so rude. Also at another event I go to, they have an area set aside where attendees can go and ask questions, like an information desk, and the stewards manning this desk have all the up to date info on what is currently happening - is something like this going to be set up?

Thanks for any help.

E :blink::blink:

Ooh, just thought of another question. Will you be limited to the number of items you can have signed by a guest? Again, the reason I ask is that at one event when we queued for a group of guests you were allowed up to six in total, in any combination - ie if you only wanted to get one guest they could sign six autos, etc. This kept the queuing time down, and obviously stops those people such as dealers from spending 10 minutes getting 20 items autographed.

I know that they have every right to do this, but why can't they do this either first thing in the morning before things start, or at the end of the day?

Also, will it be made clear if you can have items personalised (and how many) and if you can have you photo taken with guests? Again, I know this usually depends on the guest and length of queue, but if there was an indication as early as possible made, this might stop some people from being disappointed and complaining!

Ta muchly

E :blink:

I don't know if this helps, but - I've found that even in huuuuuuuuuuge queues, if you ask the person behind you in the queue/your friend with you/someone you only just met :D to take the pic, crouch down on your side of the table whilst the guest is signing, as soon as they've finished, just ask them to look up and smile, if whoever's taking the picture takes it quickly, there will only be a couple of seconds taken up by it. This stops everyone else in the queue from getting mad whilst people go behind the counter and pose for ages. Alternatively, get your camera ready and just take a pic of them signing your item.

I'm with Ptenbob at C4 they were like no personilisation no photo's but to me for £20 i don't want just a scribble so while they said hi i said could you sign this to Sam and then could i have a quick photo my sis and mike (my mate) had their camera's ready and the guests just leaned over the table so we met like half way one click and i was gone only still saw them for like 10 secs but it made it so much worthwhile

I think u should be allowed personlisation and a photo for £20

And this was for the big guests Lij, Dom and Andy and they were all really happy and nice and were like sure you can have a photo.

I'm mean people like Viggo won't sign someone's auto without personlising it (so people can't sell them on ebay) and to me a lil scribble of sam above their name makes it so much more special.

Plus i actually made myself speak that way!! not just stand there like a dork hehe

elainec, this is covered in the VIRTUAL QUEUEING info in the FAC section. You raise 2 topics here. 1) getting tickets 2) speeding up the queues.

on the subject of tickets i'm sorry it was inconsistent but the more popular the show becomes, the stricter ticketing will be. i think it must be frustrating for a person to watch 6 or 7 people go in on one ticket when only one of them queued up (or indeed on individual tickets when only one person has queued for them). it's this type of queue jumping that slows things down for people who were genuinely early in the queue. if you were number 200 in a queue and everyone ahead of you took 5 people in on their ticket it would mean you were actually number 996. you probably wouldn't get to meet the guest. if it were an old fashioned type queue you would still be 200. is this fair? the only way to keep things fair is to issue tickets to people in order and call them in order. everyone is entitled to take a ticket whether they're purchasing autographs or not. all Showmasters ask is that you take your turn.

on the subject of speeding up queues there are always two sides to this. the people in the queue sometimes complain if they're kept waiting... but then complain when they're hurried through. it's a matter of your perspective and where you are in the queue. there has to be a balance. allowing personalisations or photographs might occassionally be stopped for several reasons (including the guests request). please just bare this in mind... there are only a certain number of minutes in the day. the longer you take, the more people will be disappointed. everyone who joins the queue after a certain point risks disappointment so they're relying on the goodwill of the people ahead of them to ensure they meet the guest. that is the only reason why you may be asked to move through quickly.

i hope this answers your question. B)

BB

Edited by billy_bob

Thanks for answering the questions, and obviously the reason I asked them is because I have witnessed some inconsistency at events. Now that I know I'll make sure to tell the people I am going with that if they want photos, but no autographs they still have to take a ticket - sometimes you can get some really nice photos across the other guests signing whilst waiting in the queues!

What about the limit of items signed, ie will there be one imposed? Again, I have experienced delays when people walk through with carrier bags full of things to get signed, and they never get things ready until they walk up to the guest and then it's 'ooh, can you hold on a minute'. I realise that you are reliant on the people in front of you not holding things up, but at the same time wouldn't it be useful for the steward who is controlling queues to at least advise people, could you have you things ready for signing so that we can get through things a little quicker - and this isn't rushing people, because it still allows the opportunity to interact and take/have photos taken?

E

What about the limit of items signed, ie will there be one imposed? Again, I have experienced delays when people walk through with carrier bags full of things to get signed, and they never get things ready until they walk up to the guest and then it's 'ooh, can you hold on a minute'. I realise that you are reliant on the people in front of you not holding things up, but at the same time wouldn't it be useful for the steward who is controlling queues to at least advise people, could you have you things ready for signing so that we can get through things a little quicker - and this isn't rushing people, because it still allows the opportunity to interact and take/have photos taken?

E

it's a point well taken. judgement will be used for each individual guest depending on how popular they are at the time.

I have only ever once been not allowed to have a photo with the guest and that was Anthony Head at C4, dont know why though as there was no one in the queue but me.

Also, as long as I get an autograph and a photo im happy :D

i think it's basically a human right to refuse to have your photo taken. perhaps it was just his choice?

HOUDINIA

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there,

The virtual queue's will work as follows :

1). Every person joining a queue must have a ticket. You cannot take friends in with you unless they obtained a ticket as well. Stewards will be happy to take photos if you are on your own, or if you want a friend to do it that is fine, but you must make sure they have a ticket too.

2). There will be a limit of how many autographs people can get of probably 5 pieces per guest. This limit will only be lifted if it is clear that there are not that many people, if any, actually still in the virtual queue.

3). For those people just wanting an autograph, and not caring about personalisation, or meeting the guests, we will have an area with pre-signed autographs for purchase. These will have been done by the guests in our presence, and will enable people, dealers included, to buy multiples without impacting on the queue's and the number of fans wishing to meet the guests.

4). If you just want a photo with a guest, this will only be allowed if there is no virtual queue. Whilst a virtual queue is in operation, preference will be given to those people wishing to get autographs. If at the end of the day there is no virtual queue, then subject to the guest being happy to do it, we will allow photos without autographs. Also, if there is no queue in place, we are happy for you to go up and chat to the guests without getting an autograph.

If anyone has any other questions do feel free to post them here, and I will answer them for you as best I can.

Mark

What I would like to know is...to even get a chance of being in this virutal queue thing in the 1st place...are we expected to camp out all night like we did at C4?

Is it really worth turning up on the day at a reasonable time...if there's no chance of even getting to see the Guests you want to see? I think that's really unfair for families who can't be expected to camp outside all night with kids!

I think it's better to sell pre-booked tickets! :lol:

• Showmasters Admin
What I would like to know is...to even get a chance of being in this virutal queue thing in the 1st place...are we expected to camp out all night like we did at C4?

Is it really worth turning up on the day at a reasonable time...if there's no chance of even getting to see the Guests you want to see? I think that's really unfair for families who can't be expected to camp outside all night with kids!

I think it's better to sell pre-booked tickets! :lol:

I understand what you say, but by the very nature of the event we do not know how busy it will be until the day, and therefore cannot tell you how long the guests queue's will be.

We do not pre-sell tickets because we are not a convention. We do not have a low capacity of a certain number of tickets for the day for the event, as it is open to all, and so the pre-selling of tickets is a logistical nightmare that does not fit in with the style of the event.

It must also be said, that with the exception of Elijah, Sean and Dom, at C4 you would have been able to get a ticket for any virtual queue so long as you turned up before lunchtime, and on the Monday, even Sean would have been able to sign at the end of the day when his queue ran out.

Collectormania and The London Film and Comic Con are events that are set up to cater for the general public, and enable them to meet their idols in an inexpensive manner. There are no perfect answers to the issues of queueing and meeting the guests, but we choose to do it this way, which we feel works reasonably well, as opposed to the elitist minimum £80 admission charges for various conventions, where even then you are not guaranteed to meet the guests you want. We feel that our system works, and will be improved upon at LFACC, as we have been able to bring you guests that no-one else has.

Mark