New Guest

libra

I was under the impression that tickets were going well. It seems to me that maybe it was the wrong time of year as filming is presently taking place. I really wish that I had bought a standard ticket for this one.

Lets hope all the guests are good at the weekend.

I think ticket sales did start off very well. Based on the ticket numbers posted in the separate thread, more Golds have been sold for this than for Bitten, for example, which corresponds to the initial rush of squeeing fans posting about signing up practically the moment the con was announced (myself included :P). Unfortunately the Silvers and and especially the Standards haven't done so well, and if you do some adding up based on ticket prices and known numbers issued, the final amount falls a fair bit short of Bitten.

On the positive side, Bitten got a warning a fair while before the con and the ticket-selling recovered sufficiently in the last couple of weeks to make a follow-up con viable. I know more tickets have gone out since the last entry in the ticket number thread, and those numbers have not been posted on the forum, so I'm hoping they are enough to make Roadhouse equally viable. It's unfortunate if the con has clashed with other events across the pond which has made it harder to get main cast actors, but if we can just make this one work and ME can keep closer tabs on potential clashing events in the offing, we can get more guests in future.

I understand your regret about buying the Gold. I don't regret buying mine as I'm looking forward to seeing the guests we have, and I also think of it as an investment to get some more at a future event, but I can appreciate that not everyone feels the same way. I'm sure ME will do what they can to make this con rock, however, and hope our faith is rewarded with an even better one next time.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All 4 guests from Roadhouse have appeared at uk shows before, well maybe Mark hasn't done one for a while here so is kinda new :no:

I guess potential attendees have been spoiled for guests elsewhere with large lineups, the majority of which were 'fresh' to the UK convention scene.

Trying to break into an already established 'market' is a tough thing to do, but trying to do it with repeat guests?

Its no problem as long as it is the pass that suits you best :wub:

Ordinarily gold suited me with other cons I've done. But it feels like you're not getting your moneys worth when there aren't many guests. I love having photos taken, but I could have bought a standard, and the pics seperately and it would have been cheaper than buying a silver. As for sitting closer - nice idea, but it seems that there's not that many tickets sold (most of which are gold and silver anyway), so it's not like anyone is going to be miles from the stage. It would have been a bargain if there had been 6 guests, but with 4, it feels like I chose the wrong ticket.

The other thing that's a bit annoying (although totally unfair to compare I know) is knowing that Bitten got a free group shot. I know it was an incentive, but still feels like we've been given less for our money.

I don't know. I suppose I'm just thinking out loud, and a little disheartened as this is my first Massive Event. I was really looking forward to it, and just hope my own negative opinions don't stop me from enjoying myself. I'm not doing it for the social aspect of meeting other fans (cos really I'm shy and don't like people :P), I'm doing it cos I'm a massive fan of SN and want to meet the guests. I am excited about meeting 2 people I've never met, and 2 that I have already, but I just wish there was a little more.

Ignore me, I'm just a bit negative :jason:

Edited by bezzie

I'm sorry to hear that :P I think that the Bitten photoshoot was offered as an incentive due to low hotel bookings for the con and more people did book at the Park inn as a result. I dont know if that applies for the Hilton though.

You never know what is planned for an ME con, they always have fun things going on and I see no reason why this one wont be the same.

I hope you do have a fab time.

I spoke to lots of attendees at Bitten that hadnt been to an ME con before, and that had four guests, and people I spoke to said they wished they had bought gold and would next time.

They said the con was really friendly and loads of fun and were definitely booking for another.

Was really great to hear :wub:

I havent been to cons with any other company, and to be honest, would find it difficult now cos I find SM/ME cons really friendly, plus I like the way they are run so they suit me well.

The guests arent repeat for me, as I havent met any before, so I am really looking forward to it.

You never know, even if you are the sort of person who keeps to themselves, you might still have loads of fun :wub: ME attendees are some of the nicest people :P

I think I spoilt myself as I went from never having done a convention in my life, to doing 6 in a couple of years, and have met nearly 30 of the people from SN. Maybe if I hadn't already met so many, I would be a bit more excited, I'm ver excited that I'm finally going to meet Sam - only a couple of years late! I do think that because I've never done a con with less than 7 guests before, it might be a bit slow, but hey, I'm going with my friend so I'm sure we'll have fun :wub:.

Ignore me, I'm just a bit negative :jason:

I know exactly what you mean and I think most people are probably thinking it too but I'm sure we'll all have a great time anyway. I bought Silver as well but now like you, feel I would have probably been better booking Standard as it'd have been cheaper. I've also got to agree with you about the group photo thing at Bitten or free guest encounters at Chevron, they're nice extras that people got due to there not being many guests so yeah, it'd be great if we got one of them even though I know the Bitten thing was to do with the hotel not being completely sold out.

Oh and I am sorry, because I do feel as if I'm moaning a lot in this section but I'm not really like this and you never see me moaning in the Hub or Bad Wolf sections. I'm just trying to get my points across to let you know how I'm feeling because I know a lot of people feel the same way too and it might affect the amount of people booking in advance. Anyway putting all that aside, I am really looking forward to the event and can't wait for the weekend, these events are always good fun :wub:

Edited by Doctor Who

Everybody is entitled to their opinions. No problem with that at all.

Just dont think we can compare a con where guests have to be flown over form the US to a con where actors are from the UK, vast difference in price between Hub and Dr Who cons to Bitten, Roadhouse, ET etc

Fingers crossed it will be successful enough for a Roadhouse 2 as hopefully it will grow then :wub: ET2, 3 and presumably 4 were bigger than ET1, so who knows? Might get more guests next time :D

The thing with these events, and any event really is that you take a gamble when you buy a gold ticket. To get the best seats you have to chance the actor/actress you desperately want to meet not being there

I have ticket G1 which I think shows you how keen I was when this was announced :wub: I had no idea what guests we were going to get in the long run but I was confident it would be a good event regardless and I wanted the best experience with whoever was going to be there

Sometimes it works in your favour and sometimes it doesn't but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Yes, I'm disappointed at the number of guests, but they're all people I have never met at a con before so I'm going to enjoy that and I'm sure the actors will make the convention a fun one

I'll be getting gold for Roadhouse 2 (if it happens) as well.

Thats an awesome ticket number! :wub:

I remember being similarly pleased when our house had ST 1, 2,3,4 for another ME con :D

Hehe! Yeah, I was rather pleased when I got my confirmation. It's a nice keepsake if nothing else *g*

The thing with these events, and any event really is that you take a gamble when you buy a gold ticket. To get the best seats you have to chance the actor/actress you desperately want to meet not being there

I have ticket G1 which I think shows you how keen I was when this was announced :wub: I had no idea what guests we were going to get in the long run but I was confident it would be a good event regardless and I wanted the best experience with whoever was going to be there

Sometimes it works in your favour and sometimes it doesn't but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Yes, I'm disappointed at the number of guests, but they're all people I have never met at a con before so I'm going to enjoy that and I'm sure the actors will make the convention a fun one

I'll be getting gold for Roadhouse 2 (if it happens) as well.

Totally agree. I bought my Gold as soon as I saw the thread (I think I'm G5 but will have to check the ticket thread to be sure!), and I'll buy a Gold for Roadhouse 2 too if it goes ahead.