Travel From London

Kurgen1975

Looks like there are no Trains from Euston to Milton Keynes on the Sunday

Just checked on the trainline, its showing Bus as the only option available

Not sure what to do now, was going to book a photoshoot with Temuerra Morrison, but he is only doing them on the Sunday...

I'm not sure how long the rail replacement bus takes, but this may well be an alternative to you depending on where you live:

www.nationalexpress.com has various coaches running throughout the day that take around 1hr 40mins from milton keynes to london victoria coach station. Some are from £2 to around £10.50.

They have a few stops in london before Victoria Coach Station which may even be better for you / save more time:

COACH TO MILTON KEYNES FROM VICTORIA costing a whole £2!!!

LONDON, Victoria Coach Station Departs: 08:30

Golders Green Station, Stops GD/GE, London Departs: 09:05

MILTON KEYNES, Interim Coachway, Silbury Boulevard, Campbell Park (opp The Cricket Green), Milton Keynes Arrives: 10:05

COACHES MK TO LONDON

This is the itinerary for the 18:00 one (costing £10.50 refundable):

MILTON KEYNES, Interim Coachway, Silbury Boulevard, Campbell Park (opp The Cricket Green), Milton Keynes Departs: 18:00

London, Finchley Road Station, Finchley Road (out of London: Stop CL - into London: Stop CH) Departs: 19:15

London, Marble Arch (HAND LUGGAGE ONLY PLEASE), Park Lane (from London: Stop 14A - to London: Stop S), Gtr London Departs: 19:40

LONDON, Victoria Coach Station Arrives: 19:50

This is the itinerary for the 19:00 one (costing £7 no refund):

MILTON KEYNES, Interim Coachway, Silbury Boulevard, Campbell Park (opp The Cricket Green), Milton Keynes Departs: 19:00

Golders Green Station, Stops GD/GE, London Departs: 20:05

London, Marble Arch (HAND LUGGAGE ONLY PLEASE), Park Lane (from London: Stop 14A - to London: Stop S), Gtr London Departs: 20:35

LONDON, Victoria Coach Station Arrives: 20:45

and last late one This is the itinerary for the 20:40 one (costing £3!!! no refund):

MILTON KEYNES, Interim Coachway, Silbury Boulevard, Campbell Park (opp The Cricket Green), Milton Keynes Departs: 20:40

Golders Green Station, Stops GD/GE, London Departs: 21:40

London, Marble Arch (HAND LUGGAGE ONLY PLEASE), Park Lane (from London: Stop 14A - to London: Stop S), Gtr London Departs: 22:10

LONDON, Victoria Coach Station Arrives: 22:20

Hope this may help someone :huh:

Edited by TheVampireGirl

Those schedules helped me! Thank you very much. Nice to see so many options for the return as well.

I'm looking especially for the fastest way to get there as my EuroStar train from Brussels doesn't arrive in London until around noon that day. It's going to be a bit of a race getting to MK from then on!

Hmmm I'm not sure I understand it right... Are there no trains on this week end?? I already bought my tickets, so not sure what to think about it :s

There will be trains on Saturday; just not as many as usual. On Sunday, there'll be no trains running between London Euston and Milton Keynes Central until 9pm. Instead, people will need to get a rail-replacement bus at least part of the way. Train tickets will be valid on these special buses, but the journey will take longer than it would by rail.

Which train company are you travelling with on that route, Dellefyne - Midland or Virgin?

Ah, cool - at least you shouldn't have any problems arriving. That National Rail page says that Virgin will be running buses all the way to Euston on Sunday. I'm not sure how long they'll take, though, so if you've got other connections to make on your way home, it might be worth checking that you'll be okay.

When I went to Collectormania 3, I had to get a rail-replacement bus from Euston, and it took at least a couple of hours to reach Milton Keynes. If it had gone straight to MK, it would have taken about an hour, but being a rail-replacement service it had to detour and stop at various stations along the way.

Edited by MinkyKnights

I'm not sure how long the rail replacement bus takes, but this may well be an alternative to you depending on where you live:

I just checked, I'm travelling with Virgin. I don't think I'll have problems to get there (Friday morning), but my return train is on Sunday (18.19-18.59). I hope there will be many replacement buses!

I am doing that route on the sunday, and apparently its a bus between watford junction and mk (taking 1hr), but for between euston and watford junction, its apparently the london overground service, taking another 1hr! So the 1hr or less trip is going to double at least.

Hmmm I'm not sure I understand it right... Are there no trains on this week end?? I already bought my tickets, so not sure what to think about it :s

There will be trains on Saturday; just not as many as usual. On Sunday, there'll be no trains running between London Euston and Milton Keynes Central until 9pm. Instead, people will need to get a rail-replacement bus at least part of the way. Train tickets will be valid on these special buses, but the journey will take longer than it would by rail.

I know someone who also booked tickets already and have been told that the tickets will be valid on the replacement buses between Watford junction and mk, and the london overground service between watford j and euston.

As someone else suggested, look at national express if you havnt booked already, as the coaches are 20-30 mins faster (into victoria) than the replacement transport is into euston.

Edited by crippsy_99

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

How do we know the exact times for the replacement buses for Sunday? Is it the same time as the time on the train ticket? Or are the buses at different times?

I tried to find the info on various websites, but I just couldn't find it...

I'm kind of nervous about the whole thing!!

If you use the online journey planner it should tell you what changes you have to make by bus, and the times they will be.

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/s/planjourney/query

It shows there's a bus at 6pm... Does it mean I can get in just with my train ticket, and with nothing else needed??

Thanks a lot!!

Unless have changed from my last replacement bus trip you only need the train ticket, nothing else.

If you use the online journey planner it should tell you what changes you have to make by bus, and the times they will be.

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/s/planjourney/query

It shows there's a bus at 6pm... Does it mean I can get in just with my train ticket, and with nothing else needed??

Thanks a lot!!

Unless have changed from my last replacement bus trip you only need the train ticket, nothing else.

Okay, thanks for the advice.

I just checked my confirmation email, they wrote that I can only use my tickets on Virgin trains services... Any replacement bus works in that matter? Or do I need to check which bus replaces which train before I get in??

I hope everything will work out fine, I hate having to deal with unexpected problems when I travel...

For anyone who is affected by this, and is likely to be having to get a connecting train or flight somewhere, a word of advice.

You want to be back at MK train station at least 30 mins if not more before your time of travel on your train tickets. Cause there WILL be queues for the coaches, and all it'd take for is for you to be told the coaches are full, and you'll have to wait till the next one.

Friends and I were affected by such a thing on a Monday of a previous MK event, and we had to get a coach to Northampton to then connect with a train , which then meant we had to get bumped to later trains home to our respective destinations.

So I'd def suggest you plan to be at the train station for at least 30 mins before your train.

Definetly do NOT plan just to arrive for the time on your ticket , or whatever the website says.

Think of it this way, how many attendees of Collectormania will be travelling home on the sunday evening....

Edited by gebes

For anyone who is affected by this, and is likely to be having to get a connecting train or flight somewhere, a word of advice.

You want to be back at MK train station at least 30 mins if not more before your time of travel on your train tickets. Cause there WILL be queues for the coaches, and all it'd take for is for you to be told the coaches are full, and you'll have to wait till the next one.

Friends and I were affected by such a thing on a Monday of a previous MK event, and we had to get a coach to Northampton to then connect with a train , which then meant we had to get bumped to later trains home to our respective destinations.

So I'd def suggest you plan to be at the train station for at least 30 mins before your train.

Definetly do NOT plan just to arrive for the time on your ticket , or whatever the website says.

Think of it this way, how many attendees of Collectormania will be travelling home on the sunday evening....

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely come earlier to get my bus, even if this means I'll have to miss the end of the event on Sunday afternoon...

See you all this weekend!!

I had no idea the rail disruption was happening :-/

I was hoping to get there on Sunday at about 9am, but I'd need to leave ridiculously early for that for so I guess it'll have to be the coach. It doesn't get me in till 10.05 though, is that likely to be an issue? Only really coming for 3 guests and photo shoots are already booked.

If you're only coming for shoots, and if you checked when they occur in the day, it shouldn't be a problem, really.

I did that for CM:L - got there quite late, but I didn't miss anything, plus I didn't have to wait at all outside, and that's a plus :)

I had no idea the rail disruption was happening :-/

I was hoping to get there on Sunday at about 9am, but I'd need to leave ridiculously early for that for so I guess it'll have to be the coach. It doesn't get me in till 10.05 though, is that likely to be an issue? Only really coming for 3 guests and photo shoots are already booked.

Depends on who the three guests you want to see are - I'm assuming you want autographs of those three besides the photoshoots?

If you don't want an autograph of Patrick and if you can stay for a couple of hours you'll be okay. For Patrick it could be a close call.