SURPRISE GUEST to be Announced at the Show

Massive Events

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to guess (hope/wish/pray) that it's David Tennant. I don't think it will be but i can dream can't I :P

if its tennant ill be p****D, I cant make this con, im going to a bon jovi concert on the sunday and its also world cup time. but if tennant shows and does autos and photos ill be mad I can tell ya, and thats a massive marketing opportunity missed also if it was.

Just because....

Alex Kingston

i would also be mad if its her, I love her!

Well Tennant doesn't seem to have much work going on.

But the reason they wouldn't announce him is because you would get a flood of fangirls taking up all the tickets and true collectors miss out.

I would go to this event if I knew who this guest was.

Yeah I'm expecting them to come on-stage/be announced on the screens during the opening ceremony, not a moment sooner.

But yes, I am taking pretty much everything I need signed by certain people just incase lol I recommend you all do too to avoid dissapointment.

Finally did my 'in case of emergencies' list for whoever it might be lol

RT poster is a big high-quality poster the radio times did recently. Tennant one side, Tennant, Piper, Tate and Ageyman the other side.

Tennant x4: Almanac, RT poster, Planet of the Dead 8x10, Specials box set

Simm x4: Almanac, Specials box set, Master 8x10, Series 3 box set

Ageyman x4: Almanac, RT poster, Martha 8x10, Series 3 box set

Tate x3: Almanac, RT poster, Donna 8x10

Ryan x2: Planet of the Dead 8x10, Specials box set

Cribbins x2: Wilfred 8x10, Specials box set

Kingston x2: Almanac, River 8x10

Minogue x2: Almanac, Astrid 8x10

Piper x3: Almanac, RT poster, Rose 8x10

Barrowman x2: Almanac, COE DVD cover.

Eccelstone x3: Almanac, Series 1 box set, Doctor 8x10

RTD x3: Almanac, Specials box set, RT poster.

Moffat x3: Almanac, Series 3 box set, Matt/Amy/Tardis RT cover.

No one else I can think of that I'd have to plan for really. Everyone I'd need personal stuff for covered I think. Gotta pack it all now lol

But the reason they wouldn't announce him is because you would get a flood of fangirls taking up all the tickets and true collectors miss out.

It's a nice idea, but think it would be unwise for an organiser to risk it. The event isn't a charity - you'd probably need the extra ticket sales to afford him. I don't think ticket sales have been exactly spectacular. Any advantage you have you have to take. The only exception to that might be if it weren't a firm commitment, and he didn't want his name being used to sell tickets to an event he might not be able to do. But as his ex-girlfriend is there, would they want to do the same event anyway?

Nowt wrong with fangirls. Bring em on. Liven up the weekend :D

Still, not knowing doesn't help me plan for spending, assuming said person is even signing. Even a monster could have at least 5 things I'd want signed, £40 I could spend. But I probably won't have those bits on me.

So some true collectors without their collections would still miss out!

Well Tennant doesn't seem to have much work going on.

I would go to this event if I knew who this guest was.

Not quite sure what you mean by "true collector" is there some test we'll need to take on the door to ensure we're suitably approved before we can enter or get photos/autos :lol:

Squealies are just as legitimate con attendees as fans who've been attending events since before the show went OFF the air back in 1987.

As I said when I first saw this post I think its the worst idea I've seen SM/10th P do. As I'll be commuting to the event I'm just hoping whoever it is they're going to be there and signing on the Sun and the name is announced on the Sat. That way I can ensure I have everything I need.

I'm not even going to attempt to bring photos and books for everyone who's been in new Who. So if the person is Sat only then whoever it is I'll either not care as I didn't need anything signed or will be really annoyed as I did. From my perspective this has zero upside for the event it can only cause me grief.

• Moderators

I reckon it is EITHER

a smallish guest (one SM/10thp don't envisage bringing in a huge number of attendees on their own) and the 'surprise/guessing game' element is just to add a bit of extra fun and intrigue to the proceedings

OR

a rather bigger guest who requested it in their contract and SM/10thp had the option of either not getting the guest at all, or keeping them a secret.

We won't know until next weekend!