EVENT DATE CHANGE

showmasters

Not happy as I prob def wont be able to make it now :whistling:

All my holiday time is booked for the original dates, which I had to book last year the moment dates were announced (and only got them then after haggling) so will be no chance of getting them changed to the weekend before unless I take unpaid time off. Ive already had to book off NEXT years aug bank hol in anticipation of the next one being that weekend too, thats how strict my work are with hols!

Not to mention I turned down work on bank holiday monday as I wasnt expecting to be home so now will have lost money on that front too :dance:

i think this is me out too. i traded the to may bank holidays for the august one so i think that makes this my weeknd in charge of the nut house... :WINCE: that's me down to two geekweekenders this year then...

VERY VERY ANGRY Exhibitor !!!!!

We take a few few tables at collectormania every year .

We booked a room as you will see i posted in the forum.

This cost us £58 and is non refundable or changeable. I have a booking reference to prove this.

You now change the Date , We have a room that has cost us £58 that is NO use whatsoever. !!!!!!!

They wont cancel change or refund my money, Because this was a promotional offer !!!!

VERY VERY ANGRY Exhibitor !!!!!

I really hope you guys are still coming I get film cells evry year :) Was hoping for Iron Man this year.

Sucks about date being changed if it means certain stalls and people who have to travel can't make it now.

It's never happened to me yet (keeps finger crossed)

:dance:

Oh Dear!

Im in Edinburgh that week-end on a 'refresher training course'.

Looks like I may not have the opportunity to attend.

hmmm.....*gets thinking cap on*................

Ann

X

Kinda glad of the change, as it means no clash with S8 this time...

But I feel bad for others who have made plans.

Surely Braehead would have known before now about the clash?!

Also, can someone from Showmasters please get in touch re: my ideas for the party?!

I've now sent two emails and posted in the forums, and had zero reply!

I need to start making arrangements to ensure that this party happens - And bearing in mind that if it goes well, the kudos will reflect on Collectormania itself, I'd be very grateful for some feedback on what's been suggested and arranged so far, please!

Cheers,

S.

From a dealer point of view,and i speak from experience,these dates can be a bit tricky given that pretty much none of the salary guys will have been paid.

I'm not saying it's the end of the world but it's always better to get people with cash in their pockets.

From a dealer point of view,and i speak from experience,these dates can be a bit tricky given that pretty much none of the salary guys will have been paid.

I'm not saying it's the end of the world but it's always better to get people with cash in their pockets.

forgot about that point , your 100% right on that . mmm not good.

The only saving grace is that a large number of regular attenders will save for the event but given that there are usually a large number of mall shoppers that come in for a look the dates could be problematic.

I'll still be taking my usual two tables because i still feel that there will be enough pent up demand to tide the event over financially.

HMMMMMMM....*Still thinking.....*

This is rather annoying and Im still smarting that Ive still not found a solution. That and the fact that my Husband and Son will be attending and are already gloating to the fact they can attend but not me.

Hmmmm........* Senses in the Force that a convenient inability to motivate ones-self on that particular week end will result in the Doctor recommending time off*

LOL!

Erm no thats lame..... better reason needed LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

And a solution has been found!

My attendance is guaranteed now! :angry:

I wasn't worried......*cough*

:WAVE::WAVE::P

Awesome news, I can actually come now I was a bit gutted with the initial dates as I'd have been in Vancouver during this con and felt a bit bad not to be supporting the Glasgow con when I live just outside the city!

So... any chance of some guest announcements then? ::cheeky::