Unanswered questions in Lost

bunny-summers

• Moderators

For me, I'd like to know about:

1) Locke's healing.

2) What the wheel really did.

3) Jacob/MIB details.

4) Smoke monster explanation.

5) What happened when the bomb went off.

6) The beginning of Dharma & the island.

7) The links between all characters - forced or otherwise?

8) What Eloise and Charles really know/want in the grand scheme of things.

9) Why Walt was special.

10) How Desmond is able to do what he does.

11) An explanation for the duel timelines and a general overlook on whether everything has been manufactured due to being able to see the future etc or not.

Other than that, I can probably live without knowing a lot of the other things, but I'd love to know these ones.

We have slight details on the majority above but I'd like there to be no gaps I guess ..

Edited by DavidB

I really hope i'm wrong but i get the feeling they are never going to explain Walt.

Also i think they will gloss over the healing of Locke (and Rose's cancer) with 'the island has healing properties'.

I just want them to answer the whole Desmond/Eloise/Faraday/Wydmore time epic!

Hope Henry Ian Cusick and Michael Emerson do an event soon!

1) Locke's healing.

3) Jacob/MIB details.

9) Why Walt was special.

11) An explanation for the duel timelines and a general overlook on whether everything has been manufactured due to being able to see the future etc or not.

Add Adam and Eve to it and your list pretty much covers everything I feel NEEDS to be answered, what I've bolded however is what I don't think will be answered (and probably never even mentioned again). Walt, especially, will annoy me, it is/was such a big deal and there's no reason it couldn't have been answered when Malcolm was still young enough to play him. I think anything not answered in Season 5 about Dharma won't be answered.

Edited by Lambourne

1) Locke's healing.

3) Jacob/MIB details.

9) Why Walt was special.

1). Most likely it was the island itself that healed him because he was special (Jacob might have been involved aswell).

4). More or less has kinda been explained that the MIB is the smoke monster, not sure we will get much more explanation than that.

The Adam and Eve thing I have a good feeling that they were Rose & Bernard who lived out the remainder of there days.

The main thing I want answered at the moment is point 11 since I have absolutely have no idea to its relevance at the moment.

Edited by Tanith

• 3 weeks later...

Agree, I think it will be something to do with what Jacob did to Richard (trying to keep spoiler free)

The things I want answered are who built the statue, the ruins, the lighthouse etc and what importance do they still have with our characters, what happened to Dharma and what Hanso/s is doing now and is he/they involved in any of the current stuff happening and if the Island is living and what happens to it at the end, and why the island is underwater

I also have a feeling only one character will be left alive at the end and they will be the 'new Jacob' *sniff*

Edited by beauty&bear

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a feeling only one character will be left alive at the end and they will be the 'new Jacob' *sniff*

I think Jack will be the new Jacob - he seems so set in playing his part on the Island. I think there will be a new Man in Black left alongside him. Either Sawyer, who has always been his biggest rival, or Claire, to keep with the sibling theme of Jacob and his brother.

• Moderators

Really it should be Jack and 'Locke' after everything that has happened in the show. If anyone is destined to stay on that island, it's definitely Locke, and Jack's destiny is unravelling now towards the same thing.

Perhaps once the power shifts from Jacob to Jack then 'Locke' can no longer hurt Jack, and they will be the new two. I can't see anyone more appropriate in the roles.

ok im not reading the above or anything else lol, ive just started watching season 6 and although im enjoying it Im a bit lost myself, i think perhaps its been so long since i watched lost ive forgotten but where they all are after the bomb feels like years ago (series wise)? also have they sorta split into a parallel universe now aswel.

actually dont answer that, im only on ep 3 lol. im enjoying it but i cant remember all of the past 6 years as I watch it with big breaks in between (i dont have sky1, some i saw on e4 then on dvd then on sky plus when i visited my folks and some online ]. i dont remember for example the soldiers being killed in the hole in the wall ect where they go before the temple in ep 2 of season 6, im sure ive seen it but i cant remember. think ive left to long in between series. also I really cant remember what happened to desmond, didnt he escape with his fiancee? (the gorgeous doctor form flashforward, that is the same actor right?)

also didnt claire die then return as some sorta island thing? now shes just turned up and saved jin with a rifle killing 2 guards lol

man i just cant remember so much of whats happened. also the flash back/alternate world kate and claire stuff is so boring.

Edited by timelord81r

• 3 weeks later...