Feedback Thread

adriangill

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really amazing weekend guys! Well done ME!

Just want to echo the feelings about the live commentary. Maybe keep the volume lower on the actual episode. It got quite difficult at points to hear what was being said by the guests who were commentating. And also about the DJ as well....some requests didn't actually get played, even though loads of people were asking for the songs. Apparently we're all "trekkies" so we wanna hear songs like I'm Every Woman? :/ Hmm.

Photos and autos ran smoothly as well, and well done for reorganising everything with Colin Teague having to reschedule his appearance. Excellent work!!!

Also, I have to say, the panels were stand-out this year. Could maybe be the lack of a certain guest who always seems to make all the really rubbish questions appear. We got some really interesting and detailed answers this time around - definitely the best panels out of the three Hubs I've attended. Susan Brown and Ian Gelder were massive surprises!

I have to agree with those that loved the weekend. I think it was the best hub after the first one and I had a super time! All the guests were lovely and chatty and the crew were amazing! My favourite is the "squidge squidge squidge" lady whose name I don't know but who gave me directions to Pizza Express when I was really hungry! All the first timers were great fun too. Ian Gelder is my new hero. He was so nice at the signing that my friend and I bid on his encounter as no one else had. I can promise it was no quite as intimate as he suggested :thumbup: Kai was as wonderful as ever, Cush was superb and Susan may have the best set of legs I've ever seen on a woman her age.

My only complaint - and it's the same complaint every time - is that the DJ (lovely as he is) seems so unprepared. He knew it was 80s night for weeks and way before the end he said "I've run out of ideas so it's con dances from here". I know they make people dance but it does get repetitive by night 3 and he has done 4 of hubs so should be better at being able to fill the whole party.

Really, he said 'run out of ideas'?

I really really enjoyed the sunday party and danced a hell of a lot, but did he not see the massive lists loads of us posted? He could of done 2 whole nights of music without any repeats from ours lists!

I didnt mind the con dances at the end as I assumed he was balancing out his massive 80s binge in the middle of the party. But if it was through lack of 80s music ideas, well than thats a different story :thumbup:

I thought our 3-page thread about 80s tracks would garuntee that not happening.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

My favourite is the "squidge squidge squidge" lady
There was a 'squidge squidge squidge' lady as well? I fell victim to the bubbly 'scooch scooch scooch' lady a few times. I never got squidged once though.

If she was short and cheery with curly hair it is the same one. She has variations, all of them wonderful!

And yep - he said ran out of ideas. I do feel bad for moaning as I enjoyed the parties for the most part but when there was such a list of suggestions there is no excuse for not knowing what to play.

My favourite is the "squidge squidge squidge" lady
There was a 'squidge squidge squidge' lady as well? I fell victim to the bubbly 'scooch scooch scooch' lady a few times. I never got squidged once though.

If she was short and cheery with curly hair it is the same one. She has variations, all of them wonderful!

Shortness depends on your point of view B) . I am starting to learn some of the crew names, and I think you mean Mara (who is Stargate lady to me) who is always cheery and helpful. I got scooched by the red haired Kelly (bubbly scooch lady to me)

I am one of the multitudes of people who appear to have had a fabulous weekend. It ran smoother than any event I have ever been to - no last minute scrambles to get everyone through the auto queues, no confusions over Colin's day change and the schedule rewrite, we even got out in time for Doctor Who - seriously, bravo!

The talks were hysterical - I knew Tom/Eve/Kai etcetera were great but I wasn't expecting anything much from the newbie guests and how mistaken I was. Cush was amazing, she was so good with the panels and the crowd, and Susan and Ian were just brilliant. I never anticipated Ian Gelder being the one to redraw the Barrowman line, but it was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time - the whole symphony at the end! :( Also the skit was fantastic - I don't think you could do that at any other con. :P

Crew were all lovely and helpful and eternally patient as usual, so thank you for that! Especially yes, squidge squidge lady and whoever it was with Naoko on the Sunday - she was far cheerier than can be expected since it was early on a Sunday morning after a night of partying. :D

The only downside for me is that it was probably my last Hub. :( Not because of anything wrong with them - but the Twilight events are getting so much more expensive than the others and it's come to decision time - and as the only sci-fi fan in a family of Twi-hards I'm kind of outnumbered. *ducks flying objects* But it's been brilliant, I've loved every minute and met everyone I could dream of meeting - thank you ME for the most amazing friends and most amazing memories, and I hope everyone has a wonderful time at Hub 5. B)

Im sorry if the music wasnt to everyones taste, I actually downloaded the ENTIRE list that appeared on the forum well the 80's stuff, but trying to squeeze that in with people asking for not all 80's and of course the con dances is really not as easy as it looks, otherwise pretty much if it goes on the white board and I have it it gets played, may be not straight away but i do try.

No matter when i play the con dances I get asked again and again to play them people come down late, are outside with guests, etc.

I have a rule i impose on myself ( which I shan't disclose ) which I use to judge the con dances, and it gets hit every time, believe me as much as I love watching you guys do them I hear them alot !

I have to cater to the masses I try to mix it up but when the dance floor is full, i try to keep it that way, if its not then ill change genre.

Guess I cant please all the people all the time

One last thing the whole "im out of ideas thing" is actually my idea of a joke !! clearly my humour is a bit out of kilter ;-)

D

PS Im every woman was a request :-)

Edited by Dee Jay

The last talk was a hoot - I don't think I've ever laughed so much at a con in my life! I enjoyed all the parties as usual but particularly enjoyed hearing so many *good* 80s choons on Sunday! All in all I had a great time and if it wasn't for lack of pennies I probably would have already booked for Hub 5.

I thought the commentary was a great idea but had to give up on it due to not being able to hear the guests at all!

My main downer was the fact that the hotel hearing loop system didn't work and that they didn't have any idea about that until I tested it out! Having said that, TooTall and the other ME people were a great help in enabling me to get a seating position that meant I could actually hear/lip read during the talks. A big Thank You to you all!

My other downer was losing a pendant on Saturday, but luckily for me I was reunited with it on Sunday which made Sunday my favourite day.

Im sorry if the music wasnt to everyones taste, I actually downloaded the ENTIRE list that appeared on the forum well the 80's stuff, but trying to squeeze that in with people asking for not all 80's

At the risk of sounding like a complete pedant (or whatever word fits best), Dudes, it was an 80s Night, that implies 80s and nothing but 80s. The clue is in the name :thumbup:

I wasn't there, but I have spoken to ppl that were, and they've said that the Sunday party was completely excellent!

At the risk (again) of attempting to build a *shock horror* tradition, could the Sunday night always be 80s night? Everyone I've spoken to adored it, and it would definately make me stay for the extra night!

• Moderators

In all fairness, I've never been to a ME con party that had music that stuck to the theme the entire night. I think it'd alienate a lot of people.

I always felt the parties need a good mix between theme-related music and more traditional stuff that you'd expect. After all, some themes lend themselves to some very old music that might kill people off if played all night!

But that's just my personal opinion :thumbup:

Been to all 4 so far and loved every single one of them, but this is definitely at the top as one of the best!

The crew are definitely getting better anbd better each time, and seem as crazy as the rest of us lol!

Had such a laugh every night at the partys too, only one thing that bugged me was when myself and my friends requested Blue Gillespie, which was played but then the DJ spoke over the start of it basically slagging it off saying it 'clears the dance floor'....myself and my friends actually joined the dance floor when it came on, and plenty of others stayed too!

Glad it wasnt all 80s music Sunday too, although I was born in the 80s (87!), I didnt know most the songs that were played! I did hurt my back doing Star Trekkin and Amarillo though, oops lol!

Another one negative...the intimate encounters! At all 3 past events they have announced the 'winners' on stage before the talks, Id bid for Eves on the Sat and was excited about hearing which numbers had won. When I didnt, I was disappointed and assumed I hadnt won. Only for my friend to text me and say 'you should be at Eves encounter'. Thank god for her already being in it, otherwise Id never have known and would of missed it! 2 friends of mine also missed Toms on the Sat due to this!

Im hoping to be at Hub 5, depending on funds, as it is always the best weekend ever!

Been to all 4 so far and loved every single one of them, but this is definitely at the top as one of the best!

The crew are definitely getting better anbd better each time, and seem as crazy as the rest of us lol!

Had such a laugh every night at the partys too, only one thing that bugged me was when myself and my friends requested Blue Gillespie, which was played but then the DJ spoke over the start of it basically slagging it off saying it 'clears the dance floor'....myself and my friends actually joined the dance floor when it came on, and plenty of others stayed too!

Glad it wasnt all 80s music Sunday too, although I was born in the 80s (87!), I didnt know most the songs that were played! I did hurt my back doing Star Trekkin and Amarillo though, oops lol!

Another one negative...the intimate encounters! At all 3 past events they have announced the 'winners' on stage before the talks, Id bid for Eves on the Sat and was excited about hearing which numbers had won. When I didnt, I was disappointed and assumed I hadnt won. Only for my friend to text me and say 'you should be at Eves encounter'. Thank god for her already being in it, otherwise Id never have known and would of missed it! 2 friends of mine also missed Toms on the Sat due to this!

Im hoping to be at Hub 5, depending on funds, as it is always the best weekend ever!

I AGREE WITH THE COMMENTS ABOUT ON STAGE ANNOUNCEMENTS CONCERNING THE ENCOUNTER WINNERS - THIS WAS MY FIRST HUB , AND WAS WAITING FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT , BEFORE LUCKILY DECIDING TO ASK QUESTIONS , AND FOUND OTHERS ALREADY WAITING FOR THEIR GUEST , BUT STILL LOVED THE WHOLE WEEKEND.AMAZING !

Like several others this was my first Hub so didn't quite know what to expect but I had a fantastic time. I had no problems with the autographs and photo shoots (bar me not having a photo voucher in my pack and having to get a replacemant) and of course the talks were brilliant. Didn't buy a ticket for the next one as I'm a bit concerned at the moment that I'll be spending the whole of October on the road (seeing John B on tour and possibly McFly and Jonas Brothers if they're touring then too) but if I can do it then I'll definitely be there.

Finally thanks to all the ME staff for being friendly and making things run as smoothly as possible.

This was my 3rd Hub, and I have to say I really think it was the best I've been to. Everything just seemed really relaxed and fun, and everything ran smoothly despite the last minute day change for Colin Teague.

Every single guest was interesting, fun to talk to and really seemed like they WANTED to interact with all the fans and get into the spirit of things. The first timer guest stars are always an 'unknown' when it comes to cons, but they were all fab - all of the guests seemed like THEY were having a great time, which I feel boosts MY great time a lot!

(I may never be able to watch Ian Gelder in anything again, however, after THAT talk.)

The panel talk combinations worked so well - I'm glad I didn't go for any encounters as I wouldn't have wanted to miss a single one. I don't think I stopped laughing for more than a few minutes across them all. The live 'DVD commentary' was a really nice addition too, would love to see it done again at a future event.

The ONLY remotely 'bad' thing I have to say is that it took the DJ at the parties quite some time to realise what sort of music the majority of people actually wanted playing.

I for one have already booked my Hub 5 ticket (silver #2 for the 2nd Hub in a row!!) and my hotel room :)

Hi Etmuse,

I was the one just in front of you in the queue to register for next time, so HI!

Nice to meet you and your friend - it is Charlotte isn't it? I am rubbish with names,

Maxine

I loved this weekend, I didn't go to hub 1, didn't know it existed |:

But this was my favourite hub yet!

Parties were as usual one of my favourite things and I have to say, I did kinda request not to have all 80s music on the 80s night because I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I have the past 8 Hub parties I have been to!

Thought the talks were hilarious and the best ones yet. And my photos have been awesome!

Thanks to all the guests, the frigging awesome attendees and the crewe, DJ, organisers ect it was amazing!

Nem (every house needs one) xx

Edited by Never

• Moderators

Hi Etmuse,

I was the one just in front of you in the queue to register for next time, so HI!

Nice to meet you and your friend - it is Charlotte isn't it? I am rubbish with names,

Maxine

I'm Erin, she... answers to Sparks.

(I just about remember my own name most days... I think that's all that can be expected of me)

My only ever so slight grumble would be about the wasted time in the talks by a) Paul (think that's his name) having to run around the room to hand people the mic and b ) the downright pointless questions that even some of the guests acknowledged were rubbish. Maybe all questions should be submitted prior to the talks and this would save time on both accounts.

Other than that I had amazing weekend. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. See you all at Hub 5

Edited by Librarian

All the guests were lovely and chatty and the crew were amazing! My favourite is the "squidge squidge squidge" lady whose name I don't know but who gave me directions to Pizza Express when I was really hungry!

*Waves*

All together now! "SCOOCH,SCOOCH,SCOOCH"

ahem - red head (not naturally), bubbly while pretending that she is thoroughly professional??

...Hi and thanks! I remember you - glad you got to Pizza Express! The Squidge lady is Mara (squidge and schooch! haha Fab), yes, how amusing is this, i was with her when you asked about directions, she knows the area so well and rocks i might add!

Pooks/kelly x :)

Edited by Pooks