Feedback Thread

adriangill

My only ever so slight grumble would be about the wasted time in the talks by a) Paul (think that's his name) having to run around the room to hand people the mic and b ) the downright pointless questions that even some of the guests acknowledged were rubbish. Maybe all questions should be submitted prior to the talks and this would save time on both accounts.

Other than that I had amazing weekend. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. See you all at Hub 5

Yeah, the best talks I have seen at various cons over the years have been where the guest just talks for half an hour without prompting or looking for questions. With some guests, particularly newcomers I guess that could be daunting, but I for one would love to see some of Tom Price's stand-up for half an hour!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the guests were lovely and chatty and the crew were amazing! My favourite is the "squidge squidge squidge" lady whose name I don't know but who gave me directions to Pizza Express when I was really hungry!

*Waves*

All together now! "SCOOCH,SCOOCH,SCOOCH"

ahem - red head (not naturally), bubbly while pretending that she is thoroughly professional??

...Hi and thanks! I remember you - glad you got to Pizza Express! The Squidge lady is Mara (squidge and schooch! haha Fab), yes, how amusing is this, i was with her when you asked about directions, she knows the area so well and rocks i might add!

Pooks/kelly x :)

Hurrah for the crew! Squooch!

All the guests were lovely and chatty and the crew were amazing! My favourite is the "squidge squidge squidge" lady whose name I don't know but who gave me directions to Pizza Express when I was really hungry!

*Waves*

ahem - red head (not naturally), bubbly while pretending that she is thoroughly professional??

...Hi and thanks! I remember you - glad you got to Pizza Express! The Squidge lady is Mara (squidge and schooch! haha Fab), yes, how amusing is this, i was with her when you asked about directions, she knows the area so well and rocks i might add!

Blimey I was right...a male getting a name right....whatever next. Squidge/Stargate lady is Mara!

Pretending? Unlikely. If I recall there was a thread after Collectormania London that turned into a shrine worshipping you

Squidge & Scooch....sounds like a 80's tv cop series :smile:

Loved the event, as did most people but I'd like to post a couple of con-crits which could help with future events:

1: with the screening I was sat on the end of the front row and think it could have worked better if there was a screen put on the stage to watch it there as I ended up sat sideway. - Yes, I understand this may not be possible but thought I should suggest it for the people at the front.

2: the group photo of the guests - I was disappointed not to get one of the Sunday guests. Guessing that was due to some of the 'floating Lara' comments following Hub3.

3: auction - The chairs would probably sell better after we've actually seen the guests. I'm pretty sure people would have been after Ian's chair post final talk!

4: talks - if opening questions up to the floor possibly have another crew member running around with an extra microphone.

Squidge & Scooch....sounds like a 80's tv cop series :o

Love this idea!! Must run it by Mara...maybe we could get cool outfits also!

Thanks for your kind words hon, the crew could not do what they do without you guys!

xx

Mind you, had Paul not been walking around with the mic to get questions, I can guarantee you you'd have never had the question about Ab Fab, and that priceless reaction from Cush, and also the really detailed answer from Susan about her character (I know this, as I am the one who asked them!)

*Waves*

Ooh I love Mara, shes crazy but lovely!!!

Squidge & Scooch....sounds like a 80's tv cop series :D

Thanks for your kind words hon, the crew could not do what they do without you guys!

xx

Sorry, couldn't resist. Move over Cagney & Lacey

2009-11-2915-17-1081114LONDONOLY-1.jpg

That is a brilliant image! In fact, it's so brilliant that I can't bear to edit it out. :headscratch:

Totally love it

THis is Fab - Tootall just alerted me too this - seriously cool! Cheered me up no end!

xxx

Squidge & Scooch....sounds like a 80's tv cop series :headscratch:

xx

lol I loved this pic from CML, but your editing made it even better :P

That is a brilliant image! In fact, it's so brilliant that I can't bear to edit it out. :thumbup:

Totally love it

THis is Fab - Tootall just alerted me too this - seriously cool! Cheered me up no end!

xxx

Glad you all liked it. Shame about the two floating heads, the bottle up the nose, and those really annoying people in the background (don't know who they think they are - they should get their own tv show not muscle in on yours!)

Now I'm just looking foward to seeing both of your new outfits.

• 2 weeks later...