Feedback Thread

adriangill

Ok, I know it's only Saturday but I am back home (long story) and bored

Great event so far. For me there are four highlights each worth the entry fee on their own

1. Gwens thank you speech after the commentary. Really sweet. Is this old age kicking in - I''m getting sentimental

2. Cush literally falling to the floor when making the connection between Sarah (Ab Fab) and Naoko being the same person. "It must be the glasses"

3. The commentary. Great idea. Hopefully see more of at future ME cons. Only request - please have the actual episode volume quieter as it was hard to hear the commentary at times. Difficult balancing act as you don't want it to quiet when they are not talking. Maybe the guests could control the volume themselves (lower it when they are about to speak etc)?

4. A more personal 'you had to be there' moment, with Naoko who was signing my photshoot with her from her last appearance. The conversation consisted of

Naoko: "This is our wedding photo"

Me: "Todays can be our honeymoon photo then"

Naoko: "Next years can be with our kids"

Me:...at this point every word fell out of my head. I did recover some and say something but have no idea what! There may have been drool.

Only one negative thing so far. Cush is 'one day' only. What a great guest she is..was!

Edited by 1of2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOMG!

That last guest talk near about killed me with laughter.. seriously funny.. wookie @ the dentists, sex dreams about your relatives, Anthony causing Eve to lactate, 'surprised orgasms', laps around the room.. not laughed so hard in aaggges, and much needed.

THANK YOU to everyone that's helped put this year on, it's been crackin'. And on a personal note, I'd like to add my thanks to crew and attendees alike for ensuring I could attend everything. I have mobility problems, and without their assistance and general fabulousness, well.. it would have meant a seriously stunted con for me, so yeah.. thanks guys, you rock.

Whee!

Gaynor aka the fat goth bird with green hair *g*

HOMG!

That last guest talk near about killed me with laughter.. seriously funny.. wookie @ the dentists, sex dreams about your relatives, Anthony causing Eve to lactate, 'surprised orgasms', laps around the room.. not laughed so hard in aaggges, and much needed.

THANK YOU to everyone that's helped put this year on, it's been crackin'. And on a personal note, I'd like to add my thanks to crew and attendees alike for ensuring I could attend everything. I have mobility problems, and without their assistance and general fabulousness, well.. it would have meant a seriously stunted con for me, so yeah.. thanks guys, you rock.

Whee!

Were you sitting next to me at the talks this pm?

Am really gutted I had to leave to come home, cars going in for its yearly service!!!

Would have loved to have heard the last talk........ Anyone care to start a petition for Hub 4 dvd - the best one so far... I almost wet myself with the 3 girls talk on Sat, then Eve and Kai and finally Anthony and Naoko (Whats a roast?)

Great day. ;)

Well....what a dark horse that Ian Gelder is. He certainly brought the convention to a surprise climax. Never seen so many people crying, including on the stage!

Saying that I think Ian Hilditchs part trick is the best. Tried it. Unsurprisingly, I failed. How does he do it!

Yes another wanted convention DVD. The list is growing - Hubs, Chevrons, BTL, Hallowhedon....

i enjoyed it so so much! it was my first time at something like the hub, so i apologise to anyone that i talked to if i was mumbly and rambling (hooray for nervousness haha) but thank you to all the folks that i met, you made me feel very welcome!!!!

as for highlights:

the Q+A's definatly, so funny and great to see the guests so relaxed and open (as it were)

other than that...the intimate encounter on saturday with Naoko, she really is so sweet and down to earth and endearingly seemed more interested in who we were :)

oh and she liked my tattoos! (i'll be telling people that for years to come now haha)

all in all an amazing weekend.

a big thank you to all the massive events staff/crew and thanks to all the folks i talked to for making the weekend an absolute blast *raises glass* heres to you all

I've just come home and wow, it was actually amazing, I loved The Hub 3 but I've got to say, I think this was even better. All of the guests were absolutely lovely, the question and answer sessions were hilarious, the episode screening worked really well and was a nice addition, I'm pleased with all of my photoshoots plus didn't actually have one problem with anything over the weekend. Thank you to all of the guests, everyone at Showmasters/Massive Events, all of the crew and all of the attendees for a fantastic weekend, I haven't laughed so much for a long time. I'll hopefully be back for The Hub 5. :YAHOO:

Edited by Doctor Who

HOMG!

Whee!

Am really gutted I had to leave to come home, cars going in for its yearly service!!!

Would have loved to have heard the last talk........ Anyone care to start a petition for Hub 4 dvd - the best one so far... I almost wet myself with the 3 girls talk on Sat, then Eve and Kai and finally Anthony and Naoko (Whats a roast?)

Great day. :YAHOO:

Right by the camera guy, in the Golds? I had the two walking canes with me. If so, hi hi! Wondered where you'd had to go to.

HOMG!

Whee!

Great day. :YAHOO:

Right by the camera guy, in the Golds? I had the two walking canes with me. If so, hi hi! Wondered where you'd had to go to.

Yes that was me - am still very gutted I had to leave after the Anthony and Naoko talk but hope you all enjoyed the end - see you all at Hub 5.

I've been to quite a few massiveevents and showmasters events and this was my first hub. I had loads of fun well orgaised quite wonderful how they managed to sort out the colin day change so last mintue.

Was so smoothly run all the guests we're really nice and the staff as always very awesome friendly and proifessional.

The commerty was a wonderful addition but as someone else suggested maybe the volume be lowered when guests talked.

I really liked the mix of guests just the right types really nice to have children of earth guests.

I have been to all 4 hub events & although I had a great time at this one - personally I didnt find it as good as the first three.

All the crew & queing etc was up to the normal great standard.

The guests were all lovely, Kai was on top form even more than usual & with Eve & Tom along too lots of messing about happened. Was good to see Naoko again - she never fails to impress. Cush got into the spirit of the event and I dont think anyone will forget Ian Gelder from the last panel.

I think the lack of a skit at the beginning of the sat party accounted for not so many people being at the party early & apart from the bucking tarantula, I didnt think the party themes decor etc was as good as prev. Also its a shame there wasnt more in the dealers room.

Speaking to people & overhearing other people - several said hub4 would be their last one & they would only be interested in another hub event if certain people were invited back or JB/JM or Burn were to attend. Several people seemed to be disappointed that there wasn't a guest such as Rippy or Ben to party the night away with.

I think as lots of people been to more than one of the hubs now - if ME want to get people to attend, maybe the events need a rethink on changing things to bring something diff - not sure what or how though. The costs of tickets along with the hotel costs to see the same thing after a while doesn't look so attractive after attending all of the events.

Its all very all saying you need people to buy tickets before you can get guests - but would you pay out alot of money for a concert if you didnt know who you were going to see. I dont think so unless you have money to spare.

So at this present time - much as I love the hubs and seeing Kai & meeting friends, I wont be buying any tickets till I see some more guest names.

I have been to all 4 hub events & although I had a great time at this one - personally I didnt find it as good as the first three.

The guests were all lovely, Kai was on top form even more than usual & with Eve & Tom along too lots of messing about happened. Was good to see Naoko again - she never fails to impress. Cush got into the spirit of the event and I dont think anyone will forget Ian Gelder from the last panel.

I think the lack of a skit at the beginning of the sat party accounted for not so many people being at the party early & apart from the bucking tarantula, I didnt think the party themes decor etc was as good as prev. Also its a shame there wasnt more in the dealers room.

Speaking to people & overhearing other people - several said hub4 would be their last one & they would only be interested in another hub event if certain people were invited back or JB/JM or Burn were to attend. Several people seemed to be disappointed that there wasn't a guest such as Rippy or Ben to party the night away with.

I think as lots of people been to more than one of the hubs now - if ME want to get people to attend, maybe the events need a rethink on changing things to bring something diff - not sure what or how though. The costs of tickets along with the hotel costs to see the same thing after a while doesn't look so attractive after attending all of the events.

Its all very all saying you need people to buy tickets before you can get guests - but would you pay out alot of money for a concert if you didnt know who you were going to see. I dont think so unless you have money to spare.

So at this present time - much as I love the hubs and seeing Kai & meeting friends, I wont be buying any tickets till I see some more guest names.

Totally disagree with you - I have also been to all 4 Hubs and have to say, this was by far the best for everything!! Massive events have announced an excellent, very rare guest for Torchwood fans and it has to be said if we want more guests then we need to support the event.

What a fantastic weekend! I think it beat Hub 3 - only just, but certain things really contributed to a hugely enjoyable time! B)

That last panel made my sides hurt from laughing, just couldn't believe what they were coming out with. I think it's an added bonus when someone like Ian Gelder turns out to be such an amazing guest. One small thing - not sure if it's possioble, but could the camera in the middle aisle be put somewhere so it doesn't block the view of the stage? From certain seats the view was quite impeded, and I couldn't really see Ian Gelder for both of his talks, or Susan Brown in the last one either, which meant I was leaning over and probably blocking other people. If I'd been a bit quicker I would have chose another seat, so it is my partially my fault as I did have most of the hall to choose from!

The other thing was that there was nothing in the middle aisle to indicate where the Silver and Gold areas started or finished, which meant that I accidentally ended up in the Silver area on the Saturday. Maybe there could be a crew member stood in the middle or a sign there as well as at the end of the rows?

My personal moment of the weekend was when I gave Eve my drawing of Gwen and Rhys to sign and she was terrifed because she has 'hand tourettes' - she can't help but draw rude pictures on that sort of thing! It didn't help that Kai was sat next to her going 'Go on Eve, the pressure's on now, go on, go on!'. Loved them two together - thought their connection on stage was amazing.

I said before I went that I probably wouldn't go to another Hub, but I find it kind of infectious and my fingers are now twitching to rebook. I suppose that's the best review I could give it!

Totally disagree with you - I have also been to all 4 Hubs and have to say, this was by far the best for everything!! Massive events have announced an excellent, very rare guest for Torchwood fans and it has to be said if we want more guests then we need to support the event.

In your opinion, ME have announced an excellent, very rare guest etc - very happy that you are very pleased but going on what I heard & looking at the ticket sales queue after the announcement, it'll take more than this one to get people back....

That was lots of fun :uhoh: But we sorted it B)

Well done Too Tall, you did an excellent job with that last minute re-scheduling :D

In your opinion, ME have announced an excellent, very rare guest etc - very happy that you are very pleased but going on what I heard & looking at the ticket sales queue after the announcement, it'll take more than this one to get people back....

I think a lot of people don't book at the actual event for various reasons, I'm hoping enough people will show interest for the next event anyway. As soon as tickets go on sale online, I'll be booking a Silver one, does anyone know when that will be? As I said before by the way, I thought The Hub 4 was amazing, even better than The Hub 3 but I loved them both ;)

Edited by Doctor Who

One small thing - not sure if it's possioble, but could the camera in the middle aisle be put somewhere so it doesn't block the view of the stage? From certain seats the view was quite impeded, and I couldn't really see Ian Gelder for both of his talks, or Susan Brown in the last one either, which meant I was leaning over and probably blocking other people. If I'd been a bit quicker I would have chose another seat, so it is my partially my fault as I did have most of the hall to choose from!

Thats a good point. I remember changing seats back at the Aftermath convention because of the camera blocking the view. Luckily it wasn't really a problem then as that was a very small con, and I think the aisle was wider then as I moved to another seat the other side of the aisle where I could see better. For some people an aisle seat or an end row seat isn't a matter of choice but of necessity, so things that block the view from the aisle would limit the seat choice even more than normal for those people!

I thought this Con ran pretty smoothly. The stewarding seems to be improving with each Hub. Maybe having the main guests there for both days helped as well, as it didn't seem as frantic as at previous cons (not the rush of trying to get all photos/autos done on one day for a main guest), though obviously that isn't going to be possible every time.

Had a fantastic weekend :dance:

My poor ribs ached after the last group talk, haven't laughed that much in ages !

Thanks to SM for the event, very smoothly run, even fitting in CT on the Sat instead of the Sun !! And to all the guests i salute you :clap:

Thanks to all my friends old and new :D Big thanks to those who let me stalk them all weekend with the camera, you know who you are :D

Kath :dance:

• Moderators

This was my 3rd Hub, and I have to say I really think it was the best I've been to. Everything just seemed really relaxed and fun, and everything ran smoothly despite the last minute day change for Colin Teague.

Every single guest was interesting, fun to talk to and really seemed like they WANTED to interact with all the fans and get into the spirit of things. The first timer guest stars are always an 'unknown' when it comes to cons, but they were all fab - all of the guests seemed like THEY were having a great time, which I feel boosts MY great time a lot!

(I may never be able to watch Ian Gelder in anything again, however, after THAT talk.)

The panel talk combinations worked so well - I'm glad I didn't go for any encounters as I wouldn't have wanted to miss a single one. I don't think I stopped laughing for more than a few minutes across them all. The live 'DVD commentary' was a really nice addition too, would love to see it done again at a future event.

The ONLY remotely 'bad' thing I have to say is that it took the DJ at the parties quite some time to realise what sort of music the majority of people actually wanted playing.

I for one have already booked my Hub 5 ticket (silver #2 for the 2nd Hub in a row!!) and my hotel room :)

This was my first Hub and my first ever convention so I was a bit nervous about how it would work and how I would find it as I'm a bit of a worrier but I have to say I absolutely loved every minute of it.

The talks were so funny and very interesting I ached on the Saturday and Sunday night from laughing too much.

I agree with Etmuse it did take the dj awhile to realise about the sort of music to play.

I enjoyed the parties they were great fun it was good to watch all the dances that everyone did for certain songs.

Thank you to everyone that organised it.

I've already booked for Hub 5 I've gone from a standard ticket to Silver ticket this time because I had such an amazing time. :D

Great week-end indeed. Fantastic line-up, so funny and down-to-earth guests, great crew, great parties, very good idea with the live commentary of the episode, etc etc ... so in summary I had a great time :D

Oh and 10 free autographs included : very nice!

Edited by lams9999

It was another amazing weekend, absolutely awesome. So many highlights I can't even begin to list, all the guests were great, but I think the highlight for Sunday was that final panel, I can specifically remember Kai (and everyone else) howling with laughter, Ian Gelder was so surprisingly funny it was unbelievable. I loved the live commentary but I found it difficult to hear what they were saying. Regarding the parties, I think they overplayed the songs such as Time Warp etc, I found myself getting bored, especially lastnight, and it was a shame that they moved the disco to a smaller area as not many people were there. It was funny watching Malcolm dance lastnight, he is brilliant, all of the crew were and I can't wait for Hub 5 - haven't booked yet but will do soon.

Yeah too many amazing things to go into detail, but what I will say is:

BEST. WEEKEND. EVER!

Seriously team, you outdid yourselves once again! Massive massive massive thanks to all the crew for being so awesome as always!

Didnt have the immediate funds to get a ticket yesterday, but rest assured I will be coming , whether it be gold again or silver.

:D