Tenth circle

vanishing acts

second glance

perfect match

plain truth

mercy

Keeping faith

Nineteen minutes

My favourites are Nineteen minutes, Mercy and Plain truth. I've still got Songs of the humpback whale and Handle with care to read but i'm saving them so i don't run out before she releases any more.

Its been a while since i read change of heart but from what sticks out in my mind, it was a very thought provoking book. Especially the concept of organ donation and the passing of traits from donor to receiver, with the ending of the book with the dog a brilliant conclusion to the book. As with most of her books some aspects you know are not going to be what they seem like you suspect things before they actually happen. You just know there's going to be plenty of well thought out and planned twists and turns with her novels.

Edited by donna_a54

I've read two of her books (Mercy and Plain Truth) and although they were both very well written, I've not read another one of her books because the issues that they cover, although moving, are too upsetting for me. I read books for some escapism and to go into another world, and tend to enjoy more the fantasy and adventure ones that are a bit happier. It's hard to explain why I'm not a huge fan I guess but these books are too brutally real for me, and I think that's why I was put off. Perhaps its just because I chose the wrong books of Jodi's to read, so I'd be willing to take recommendations, but the two I read were a little too sad for me!

Edited by Laurenx

I do agree that her books are quite upsetting, i mean i said earlier i really enjoyed Nineteen Minutes which was basically about a boy going into a college with a gun and shooting people. Some of that story was very upsetting and disturbing but also quite eye opening to the realities behind these situations. For one thing Picoult always seems to put a lot of research into these books. But yes they aren't the most cheery of books to read.

• 2 months later...