so what do you all think of the new Doctor ?

showmasters

I was very wary after the last two episodes of DT's reign. It is a hard act to follow, but Matt made a fantastic start and is completely bonkers.

KG was superb as Amy Pond. I think she fitted in well as his companion and there is a defintie chemistry there.

I am looking forward to this new adventure, especially the upcoming WW2 themed Dalek storyline shown at the end of the episode.

• 2 weeks later...

I have watched Doctor Who since 1977 and have enjoyed nearly every episode - I don't know whats going on with the writing for this series - I think its letting the actors down. Todays episode about the Daleks was dreadful - poor acting, poor storyline.

I am really looking forward to next weeks as it has the Weeping Angels back so I hope that next week will be a turn for the better.

Have to say I completely disagree. I think the acting was fantastic, storyline was good as was all other aspects of the story

I think this season under Moffats control is far better than the last 5 years so far

We'll have to agree to disagree here. Doctor Who under RTD was brilliant. The previous Who stories written by Moffet (Girl in the Fireplace, Silence in the Library, Blink, Empty Child) were all brilliant.. This season so far is very lacklustre and I hope it gets better because it deserves to. Matt and Gillian are great but were let down.

Edited by reddragon

i agree, Steven Moffat needs to write episodes like the good ones he wrote when RTD was in charge. the first episode was good, and the beast below was ok, but i didn't like todays. Good acting but poor storyline. The daleks now need a delay, please, please stop bringing them back sooo easily. They need to stay gone for much longer than they do. Bring their fear factor back to Doctor who. No bright colours it really doesn't work. They are supposed to be machines of hate. Too much chat and not enough death. I know it's for kids but this series is just not as scary as it was in the old days. I've watched it and i can see what my uncles are all going on about. Bring back the daleks that gased people. is that honestly too scary for TODAYS society?

i agree, Steven Moffat needs to write episodes like the good ones he wrote when RTD was in charge. the first episode was good, and the beast below was ok, but i didn't like todays. Good acting but poor storyline. The daleks now need a delay, please, please stop bringing them back sooo easily. They need to stay gone for much longer than they do. Bring their fear factor back to Doctor who. No bright colours it really doesn't work. They are supposed to be machines of hate. Too much chat and not enough death. I know it's for kids but this series is just not as scary as it was in the old days. I've watched it and i can see what my uncles are all going on about. Bring back the daleks that gased people. is that honestly too scary for TODAYS society?

Here, Here. Totally agree.

not sure why this is on the invasion thread and not in the doc who section, but I think matt is just superb, absolutely fantastic, and after only 3 eps he is forcing his way into second spot for fav doctor of all time for me, no one will ever better pat troughton

i think the way he is written and the way smith acts is just brilliant, superb doctor, far far superior to the cocky, shouty ranting, alonsey, i love rose, fake accent tennant.

i love all the doctors, there hasnt been a bad one, but tennant had plenty that annoyed me especially towards the end. matt is so good in the role

the moffs eps under RTD were amazing, but running a show is far different, having said that, despite failings or missed opportunities series 5 under the moff so far has been really good, nothing stands out as to silly, boring or bad, nothing has annoyed me yet apart from the shoe horning in of the crack. but its just a crack that the leads rarely see so its not as bad as the RTD series arc shoehorns.

i like the new daleks apart from the awefull hunches on there backs and the plastic massive mid section.

oooh id love to see the gas guns back aswell as there lasers, though the silurians in one clip seem to use a gas type weapon in series 5